Blue Table Update 69- Yin and Yang - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    44 (x1)

Blue Table Update 69- Yin and Yang

Blue Table Painting Update

Monday, April 3, 2006
    Issue 69

www.bluetablepainting.com

Down to the Wire
    Only six days until Games Day LA. We’ll be caravanning down in two cars. Armies still need a lot of work, so I suspect that a twelve hour day will be a short day this week! I’m looking good with only a few pieces left for my Fire Dragons, but I have like four display boards to make. Plus keeping up on client work!

Goblin Ashigaru
    A Goblin Ashigaru display, plus fourteen models to go with it, will be up for sale on Saturday afternoon. This was a collaborative effort between several studio members. The path from bottom to top splits the display into a rough yin-yang pattern.

http://www.bluetablepainting.com/vie...?galleryID=677

Or you can indulge your inner Goblin and buy it here:
    http://www.bluetablepainting.com/vie...y.php?catID=90

I think this would make a potent conversation piece. We can do expansions with other Asian-themed models for the same price. We were thinking that rope, stone, or wood bridges would connect them.

Muffins in the Oven
    The Confrontation Goblins didn’t last long—they were snapped up by an overseas buyer. So, what’s next?

• Evil Dwarves (will be assembled by April 4 and painted in the week to follow)
    • Alahan (assembled and should be ready during the week of April 10)
    • Dwarves (probably around the end of April)

Now Scheduling for mid-April
    There is still one slot open for the week of April 10. The week of April 17 is pretty open. We’re ready, just send your stuff in!

Have a project needs doing? Just send us a list of what you’d like done and we’ll help you through the process. If you decide that now is not the right time to have your work done, that’s just fine, at least you’ll know how it works.

Do you have a ton of unorganized pewter in the garage? You can just box it up and send it out. We’ll transform all those pieces into a finished army that you’ll be proud to have on your gaming table.

We accept Paypal. Using a credit card to make a Paypal payment is just as easy as a credit card checkout on a typical website.

Don’t like Paypal? A MO is fine. We’ll work with you.

Long Term Strategy
    Blue Table looks for and hires stable talent who will be here for the long term. The eight artists who work here have one focus in their professional life: painting figures. This crew will be around for births, weddings and funerals. We all pay our rent with this.

Here’s a thought: an Artist who makes enough money to meet his (or her) Cost of Living can practice his art for the long term. Any other situation means that he will eventually have to leave his art and get a <real> job. He is slowly going out of business.

The next thought: the Cost of Living for a family is what an Artist needs to make in order to practice his craft for the long term. Cost of Living depends on location. Utah Valley has a high standard of living, but a low cost of living. Cost of Living is also determined by life status. A single person has a low cost of living. Eventually life sets in—family, kids, and home—and his cost of living goes up.

What is the benefit to you the faithful Blue Table client? Consistency, reliability, trust, and a solid long-term business relationship. What happens when a Painter works at this craft full time for a year? He’s painted about twenty armies in that time. What about in five years? How much has his skill improved? He’s painted well over a hundred major projects by that time. It is you the Blue Table client that will benefit from that!

Here’s another crazy tidbit: we are starting to percolate sculpting and casting our own accessories and figures. That will likely swing into gear around the end of 2006.

Reach out and Touch Someone
    You can IM Shawn, the owner:
    • Yahoo Messenger ID is jazzmouth
    • MSN Messenger ID is bluetablepainting

You can IM Lavender, the office manager:
    • Yahoo Messenger ID is middlepillarpath

Games Day Approacheth
    We’d all like to bring both a 40K and a Fantasy army, with display board, but that’s just not going to happen this year, so we decided to all bring 40K armies.

Here’s the lineup:
    Mike with Tyranids
    Bill with Orks
    Shawn with Eldar (Fire Dragons)
    Heather with Emperor’s Children
    Jay with Death Guard

I got Jason to go. That means all but Andy are going. He has some bona fide family obligations. It’s too bad because Andy is a real work horse around here.

This crew is so amazingly talented. If you’ve been following Blue Table then you’re in for a real treat in 2006. We’re more organized and better focused than ever. Each painter will have painted no less than thirty armies by the end of this year. How good do you think they’ll be then? Even better than now if you can believe it.

I am working on my 40K army for LA Games Day in April. The Shrine of the Burning Dragon is a Fire Dragon themed Eldar army. I finished the first two of six tanks, as well as a few Vypers. You can see a project log on Warseer:

http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26323

Three Armies for Fantasy
    Blue Table now has three unpainted Warhammer armies available: Skaven, Beastmen, and Lizardmen. They are unassembled current edition models (except the Skaven have a few OOP stuff). If you would like to commission them, the materials are 40% off. Email for details.

Imperial Drop Pod Army
    We also have a rockin’ Imperial Guard drop troop army—heavily converted with 91 all metal infantry, four Sentinels, and two Basilisks. All with jump packs or turbines. They are metal stormtroopers with double-turbine style drop packs. The vehicles are also heavily converted to be platforms with massive VTOL engines.

See pics here:
    http://www.bluetablepainting.com/vie...?galleryID=676

Download the spreadsheet and army list here:
    http://www.bluetablepainting.com/vie...d_categoryID=7

Just completed: a Hydra Flak Tank. Perfectly legal and from Imperial Armour 01, it sports two twin linked autocannons.

Hrud
    We’ve got a talented assembler chomping at the bit to make all those Skaven into a Hrud army. LatD list or IG, you pick—maybe even both a possibility.

Personal
    I’m back up to 204. I’m starting to get concerned. For the first time in my life I’m actually thinking about what I eat before putting it in my mouth. I don’t like it one bit.

Tamie went to help out at the school and we found out that Kenna plays by herself during recess. The other kids tease and avoid her. It’s ripping me up inside. Tamie and I were both like that in school. I remember being called a Spaz and getting spit on. Or did everyone have that experience? Anyway, we’re working with her on her social graces and how to carry herself.

Would you like to work for Blue Table?
    I’m constantly on the lookout for good talent. If you think you have something to contribute, make yourself known. Have you tried to start your own painting service, but found yourself bogged in the administrative stuff? I have a written application/interview that I will send on request. It’s good to dream, to think about new possibilities.

Client Relations- position soon to be open
    Blue Table is looking for a Client Relations person. While this is a PR-like positions there is a broader scope: sales, promotions, finances and customer service. This position will be open in the next two to four months. I will still be in communication with clients, but will focus on mentoring painters and working on large house projects (including populating the For Sale section of the website).

Email Shawn at jazzmouth@yahoo.com for details.

Best regards,
    Shawn Gately

PS- if you don’t want to get this newsletter, just let me know. I’ll gladly (sadly?) remove you from the list.

Last edited by bluetablepainting; April 2nd, 2006 at 00:19.

+ Reply to Thread