Who has problems with friends that are copycats? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Who has problems with friends that are copycats?

The title doesn' really explain what I'm trying to say as I cant really title it. The main meaning is do you have any friends that are copycats with armies? I have a couple of friends that I used to play with my World Eaters. Now I beat them almost all the time and instead of trying to improve their current armies about 75% wanted to sell their amries and begin chaos!

I managed to convince 1 not to sell his Eldar for Chaos and one of the others got given a chaos army and instantly began painting it World Eaters without even looking at any other chapters. I know it's not my place to tell them what armies they can and can't play but I mean do they all have to play what I collect? Like what type of battle would it be if there was like 8 World Eaters armies on the board all with Stature Daemon Princes?

I had a younger friend who wanted to play Chaos just cause I beat his brother with mine but he's decided to play as Orks now and a Tyranid player that wants to begin Chaos.

I don't want to push them away from the hobby or tell them what army to play but i don't want all the battles to be chaos vs chaos. Has anyone else had experiences or is experiencing things like this?

Oh and sorry if this is in the wrong forum.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know what you mean, though I had the opposite problem I guess? When I started I wanted to play an army that I never see, so I chose Thousand Sons... and I have yet to play another Thousand Sons player. I would hate to play against another Thousand Sons player, it would just be so boring lol.

I don't know why a Tyranid player would want to switch to Chaos, other than the fact that we have far less models to move/paint. Or at least that was the exuse that my cousin used when he switched to Slaanesh from his 'Nids.

-Centum
    You Can't Stop the Eighp

Had Tzeentch before I knew how to play :P

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He he, slaanesh, he he. I don't mind paintng nids as they're not hard to piant as they don't have as much detial as chaos. I used like 8 coats for my zerkers until i finally finished.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    708 (x8)

More of a General Hobby discussion, so punted to there.

As for the topic, I'd almost consider it a form of flattery. People often want to imitate those they look up to, especially the younger crowd. However, I agree that it would suck to have everyone playing the same armies all the time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sry for having it in the wrong forum. My topic just used chaos as a basic topic and what my friends wanted to play.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x2)

I have a different problem, everyone (Except myself and an other player) are so indesicive about which army they want to play that they'll go out, buy a box set, half assed assemble it/ paint it and then after lsing 2-3 battles claim the army sucks and move to a different one. Not that it's entirely bad, it does make battles more interesting, but I would like to play more then one completely painted army.

As for coppy cats, I had one who liked how I played my IG so he took up death worlders...For a week:wacko:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I think people should play the army for what it is, not cause they get their assed handed to them every time they play it. It just means they're bad or their list isn't good against their opponets.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At the local GW one Nids player had a really good army, he wins most of his battles, was only beaten a few times that anyone saw, and everyone agrees that the people who beat him were using cheese armies.

When the next two people who started nids started them the copied his exact tactics, even paint scheme in one case.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why do people do that though? I mean instead you should learn how to beat him, not copy him.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    211 (x6)

think of it this way, they look up to you as an responsible person, as well as veteran players, and put it this way you are probably like an idol to them so enjoy it, play battles against them and give them advice and tips of some aspects of the game that you have played or some general tips on the hobby side of it,
    you've got followers, enjoy the experience while you can because you may never get it again, trust me i've got a 9-yr old brother who play dwarfs and i play lizzies, and we're practically like best friends, it builds up their confidence and self esteem

-Kai-Itza-
    Last edited by Kai-Itza; May 5th, 2006 at 17:14.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast