LotR Miniatures & Gallery - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    38 (x2)

LotR Miniatures & Gallery

Now, I love LotR (the books) as much as the next guy, I really do. I've been eyeballing the LotR minis game for awhile now, simply because I love the story. However, the miniatures... ugh the miniatures. I don't know if it's simply bad paint jobs, bad photography, or if they're genuinely craptastic miniatures... but I have a very hard time finding miniatures that really look good.

Is there anyone that can point me towards some of the minis that do look good? I really -want- to like these things. I really do. I just need some help here.

Does anyone know of any good places to find images of high quality painting on LotR minis? CMON is always a good start, but... man, the website is painful to use. I'm pretty sure the only way to get decent performance out of it is to view it using Lynx. I checked out our gallery here, but didn't see a LOTR section unfortunately.

You play your game, I'll play mine.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    425 (x8)

Cool Mini is probably the best place for an overall collection of LOTR miniatures. My suggestion would be to do a search for a particular character or possible search for LOTR. Sort the ratings from highest to lowest and you should get the best ones on top.

Another good spot would be peruse the various Games Day coverages on the GW website. There you will see the best in the categories.

Otherwise - maybe from the cool mini site you will see examples of good miniatures and the artists will have their own perosnal sites where you can find more.

cheers,

-Mike

Now offering an affordable Tournament Legal Quality Commission pricing. Find out more here!

+ Reply to Thread