Representing Forgeworld? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Representing Forgeworld?

Is it legal (tournament wise) to perhaps, make your own forgeworld models? For example if I constructed a nice looking dreadclaw assault pod, that looks exactly like what it's supposed to be, can I use it in a tourny? What if I somehow gain masterful converting skills and decide to build my own model of that super Greater Slaaneshi daemon from forgeworld? Could I use it?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    708 (x8)

Punt to General Hobby Discussion.

I suppose it'd be just about as legal as using your own model to represent a regular mini. Meaning, probably not very likely.

Dancing Peanuts? You bet! Robizzle's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    106 (x4)

I'm with Cal.

Although you used the example of a Dreadclaw drop pod. Personally, I would see them making an exception for Drop Pods. I think it is highly likely they would allow you to use converted ones, because they are very pricey, and pretty easy to convert at the same time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    46 (x2)

If it's good enough, who would know
    AGLOCO - Earn money by browsing the internet!

Quote Originally Posted by Krevzi and Me
    Warhammer is like crack. But more expensive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karmoon View Post
    Learn parasite, that us Chaos players like to have our cake and eat it. In fact, we particularly like stealing the poor necrons' cake and eating that too, because they're too slow.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It varies from tournament to tournament , so no definate anwser can realisticly be acheived.
    General rule of thumb though, tournies not ran by GW, tend to be much more lenient
    GW ran tournies, it really depends on the people running it, and how happy they are when they come up with the model resrictions, as I said it really varies a lot.Just have to ask

Dan
    Think this is good? Rep me and click the star
    <<<<

"You dont start learning until you're stuck or acknowledge your mistakes"

Senior Member Dark Lioness HLTB's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

117 (x2)

I have seen official Games Workshop tournaments allow some pretty unusual representation before now, an army of Necromunda Escher Gangers using Ork rules for example. To not allow conversions would be a little unusual.

A bigger concern of late is that GW (specifically Gav Thorpe) has expressed a strong desire to disallow rules that don’t appear in a codex or army book for official tournaments.

Note if you do convert a Forgeworld model don't scale it down unless you want to annoy your opponent. Many unofficial tournaments I know of consider things like crouching Wraithlords and smaller Greater Daemon models as bordering on cheating.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    171 (x6)

Crouching Wraithlords and smaller Greater Deamons don't just border on cheating, they are cheating.

If you are modifying a model with the obvious intent of circumventing being shot at, or any other dozens of reasons, then you are cheating and I for one will dock your butt on sportsmanship points in a heartbeat. Either that, or I'll just sneak in a few of my special dice to even up the odds.

On the other hand, if you want to make your own to-scale drop pods out of platic card or something, then I have no problem with that as long as you keep them within the size constraints. I once saw someone put a whole bunch of guns on something with a chassis the size of a rhino and he was trying to claim it was a Baneblade..... yeah right.

Where Forgeworld is concerned, just remember that GW only states that converted models must consist of 50% Games Workshop models, and Forgeworld is not Games Workshop.

Senior Member Dark Lioness HLTB's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

117 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by H0urg1ass
    Crouching Wraithlords and smaller Greater Deamons don't just border on cheating, they are cheating.

If you are modifying a model with the obvious intent of circumventing being shot at, or any other dozens of reasons, then you are cheating and I for one will dock your butt on sportsmanship points in a heartbeat.
    The sad thing is we don't have sportsmanship points in the UK tournaments for the most part, all you can cheese games seem to be a reasonably common affair.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    708 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by H0urg1ass
    Maybe I don't see what the issue is, but I've never had a problem with it. My gaming group has always taken it upon themselves to classify each piece of terrain's size, so that there is no need for any of that. We've never had to resort to "Model's Eye View", simply because if it's size three terrain, it can block a size three model.

It's sort of silly to assume that a Daemon Prince wouldn't duck his head if it stuck up a bit behind a building. On the other hand, I guess it'd be pretty silly to think that a Wraithlord would never pop up to "take a peek."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As a general rule of thumb, ask yourself "Did GW make $$ off this?". If the answer is no, it's probably not allowed.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast