Pitfalls of Tournament Organising - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pitfalls of Tournament Organising

I am a brand new Tournament Organiser for a (small) 40K tournament (Canberra Australia). I have prizes from my local GW store, I have terrain, I have players and I have a decent venue. I am running to the National Tournament System.

So...what have I forgotten, what do I need to guard against, and how do I make the tournament great for the players? and how do I keep my sanity over the three days?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would advise you and your referees to keep a keen eye on army lists and the armies they represent as it is known that a lot of people will take certain 'liberties' when creating their army. Some of them include not paying for wargear or only paying it once for the whole army (especially relevant for items like marks of chaos, frag grenades, chainaxes), the use of 0-1 items more than once (demon weapons for example), or the "it is just one point over" list, where that point usually allows the player to field an extra squad.

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    41 (x3)

Make sure whoever you have adjudicating the tournament knows the rules inside out and backwards (and I mean for all the available armies). As soon as there are prizes and the game gets competitive you would be surprised at what some people will try and get away with.

You would also need to clarify penalties for breaking/bending rules in advance so every knows what is likely to happen if they submit an illegal list or just plain cheat.
    Helper monkey, bring me beer and donuts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    72 (x1)

make it 16+ age limit :lol:
    "War does not determine who is right - only who is left" Bertrand Russell

We bring only death, and leave only carrion. It is a message even a Human can understand.

W/D/L
    Eldar: 3-3-1

+ Reply to Thread