Blue Table Update 76- Catch the June Bug - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Spanish Fork, Utah
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

44 (x1)

Blue Table Update 76- Catch the June Bug

Blue Table Painting Update
    Monday, May 29, 2006
    Issue 76

June Special
    For projects booked during the month of June we are offering 40% off on materials. Here are the conditions:
     Has to be a project booked during and for the month of June (there are still slots open for the weeks of June 19 and June 26).
     Not applicable to Games Workshop or Flames of War.
     Definitely applies to Reaper, Privateer Press, and Rackham.
     Models must be assembled and painted by us (we are not competing with retailers!)
     40% off retail. Bear in mind that some websites list things already discounted.
     Please mention the the June Bug special.

Same deal on GW stuff, but at 30% off.
     Same conditions as above, but retail amount of models must be $150 or more.

Now Scheduling for late June
    There are still slots open for the week of June 19 and June 26. That’s for starting the painting and completion that week or the following week. Projects that need to be assembled will be started a week earlier.

Musings about Art and Money
    Blue Table keeps close tabs on the prices charged by other miniatures painting services to be sure the ratio of quality:price is competitive. Our primary service is aimed at the wargamer who wants more time to play.

Blue Table’s approach is to keep artists on long term. We keep artists long term by paying enough to make a living. We still do the work at a competitive price because of efficiency and refined technique.

There are advantages to you, the Blue Table client, by staying with us.
    1) Responsiveness (someone is on duty full time to respond to your emails)
    2) Consistency (we will still be here in a year to do an expansion on your army)
    3) Savings from running a more efficient operation with compartmentalized positions (eg the Packer is an expert at Packing).
    4) Blue Table’s Technique allows us to pay artists enough to make a real living but still keep prices reasonable.
    5) By keeping artists long term you get that Experience and dedication put into your projects.
    6) Follow up after your project is complete.
    7) Turnaround time is faster with a full-time artist.

By choosing Blue Table as your painting service, there is a long-term payback. We are getting better, smoother, and timelier with every passing week. We will be here for you through it all. We will be here through the decades.

Another Forge World Order
    I am making a Forge World Order on Monday June 5 and Tuesday June 13. Anyone want to order something? There’s no cost for shipping from the UK since it will be a bulk order. Shipping from Blue Table to inside the US is $6.50. Anyone? Come on, you know you want to.

New on the Block
    Blue Table has a great For Sale section with many hundreds of figures.
    • Chthonian Larva for Confrontation Evil Dwarves
    • Wood Elf Archers
    • Kroot Carnivores and Shapers
    • Skaven Rat Ogres and Globadiers
    • RPG Heroes (coming soon)
    • Hordes warpacks
    • Beastmen Gors and Ungors (about 60, coming soon)
    • Alexia and the Risen (for War Machine)
    • Skorne Warpack and New Releases
    • Skink Warchief
    • Kroot Carnivores and Shapers

Look and buy here:

Guest Artists
    Blue Table has started a program where artists can put their work on our website. We take the pics and make the listing, which can stay active indefinitely. You and Blue Table split the profit (what’s left over after you get money for what you spent on the models, and we get reimbursed for Paypal/Shipping). Email me for details.

We have two guest artists right now code named Lime Dragon and Legions Forward. See their work in the For Sale section (you will have to go to the Guest Artist section)

Or go direct:

Lime Dragon really wants to move those Eldar along so feel free to contact me with an offer for the lot. This would make a great first army, or alternate army.

We will have about 50 new figures up for Legions Forward this week, including a Dark Elf army.

When you buy from a guest artist, you deal with Blue Table. We ship and follow up, so buy with confidence.

We have Trollbloods and Skorne up for sale. Skorne are in process, and Orboros is being assembled. I recently ordered a lot of everything released, including new stuff. This is almost all assembled and will be to the painters soon.

I went with a friend to see Mission Impossible III. I thought it was worth the time and money. I’m an interactive movie goer (read: obnoxious). I like to eat, comment on the movie, and clap at the end. Well, I realized about halfway through that my buddy was more like a lose-yourself-in-the-story movie goer. Whups.

My family is into the anime of Hiyao Miyazaki, and we especially loved Spirited Away. We saw Howl’s Moving Castle this week and that was awesome as usual. He has a real talent to transport the viewer to a dreamy otherworld.

Griffin is practically walking, though we’re in no hurry to rush him, and he’s into everything. He constantly surprises us with what he’s able to climb over, onto, or reach. The kids are out of school for the summer, which makes my wife’s life harder. But it’s also fun to have lazy mornings with them now and again. He nearly choked himself purple on a Cheezit. It's a wonder anyone makes it to adulthood. He's got my father's blue eyes and that unruly Swedish hair, but his mother's <classic beauty> features.

I love my wife, Tamie. I have no doubts that we'll be an old couple together, all wrinkly and white-haired, and me more cantankerous than ever!

Now Hiring- Client Relations
    Blue Table Painting is looking for a full-time Client Relations expert. Notice this isn't for Painter anymore, though we are still taking applications for that, too (constantly, but mostly to make a decision by June 15).

Blue Table has been in business and steadily growing for two and a half years. We have a crew of six full time and two part time staff.

Job Description
    • Create quotes for new projects
    • Answer inquiry emails
    • Track inquiries
    • Order materials for projects
    • Review, revise, edit and amend client Instructions sheets
    • Schedule projects
    • Write newsletter and maintain presence on forums

Start Date
    Between July 1 and November 30, 2006.

Blue Table Painting is located in Spanish Fork, Utah. We have an attractive and spacious office studio in a well-known downtown building. Utah valley is a family-friendly area with a beautiful outdoor life and a very reasonable cost of living. There are four distinct seasons. There are both large cities and rural areas within driving distance.

Pay and Benefits
    >> $1500 to $1700 a month to start
    >> up to $1800 to $2400 a month based on a set raise schedule
    >> Discount on gaming materials of 35-45% off
    >> Benefits after the first year
    >> Very flexible schedule

>> Willing to relocate to Utah Valley, Utah.
    >> Able to work legally in the United States.
    >> Have held a full time job for at least a year at some point in time.
    >> Have reliable transportation.
    >> Be intimately familiar with all basic miniatures battles games (Warhammer, 40K, Confrontation, War Machine, Flames of War)
    >> Microsoft Word and Excel
    >> Excellent mental math and basic math skills (percentages)
    >> Have at least passing familiarity with most miniatures battles games.
    >> Experience in customer service or public relations a plus.
    >> Be a non-smoker.

Relocation and Cost of Living
    >> Blue Table will pay a $150 to help with moving expenses.
    >> We will help locate a place to live.

Housing in Utah Valley is something like this:
    With roommates: $250-350/mo
    Single bedroom apartment: $350-450
    Two bedroom apartment: $450-600
    Two bedroom house, mortgage: $600-800
    Three bedroom house, mortgage: $700-1000
    Four bedroom house, mortgage: $900-1200

How to Apply
    If you are interested, please send an email with “Client Relations Needed” as the subject line to Shawn Gately at You will be sent an application/written interview.

Shawn Gately

Reach out and Touch Someone
    You can IM Shawn, the owner:
    • Yahoo Messenger ID is jazzmouth
    • No one contacts me on MSN, so I have stopped using it.

You can IM Lavender, the office manager:
    • Yahoo Messenger ID is middlepillarpath

Best regards,
    Shawn Gately

PS- if you don’t want to get this newsletter, just let me know. I’ll gladly (sadly?) remove you from the list.

Last edited by bluetablepainting; June 3rd, 2006 at 06:38.

2. Remove Advertisements

Southington, CT, USA
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

54 (x2)

PM sent about FW order.

Remember, if someone helps you with anything, REP THEM!

Quote Originally Posted by 10th Lyran View Post
    "Wow, that's awesome, I wish my leg looked like that!"

+ Reply to Thread