Howling Banshees devolution. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Xan
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Howling Banshees devolution.

In the latest White Dwarf, there are pictures of new howling banshee models. I wouldn't usually complain, but they look to have devolved from the fantastic current models to what look like crazy storm guardians. Would people agree, and what are peoples opinions. Look particularly at the helmets.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I much prefer the present ones as well. Oh well, lets hope the new scorps are up to it. They can hardly get worse can they?:shifty:
    Eldrad is the greatest among us, he is the sun which eclipses the light of our stars.
    He is Ulthwe.

Forelli's gonna get ya!

Proud banner bearer of LO Codicier_Valkus's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aye! The new howling banshees have regressed; the current ones are fine! If I collect eldar, then I'm gonna use only the current ones! Death to the regressed ones! *blows the crappy new models away with bolt pistol*
    "Fight for justice, not revenge."
    FoW Gepanzerte Panzergrenadiers who took a wrong turn at Tunisia and magically appeared in Normandy as Panzer Lehr: Wins: 11 Losses: 8

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i totaly agree

crazed storm guardains are nto what we want the current ones have a good slightly gadatorial look and realy dynamic poses

luckyaly i ahve 9 old ones i hardly use incase i wanna o another army

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    476 (x8)

It's a tough call. I like the current ones, but they have the waistline of a small child in relation to the rest of their body . I don't think the new ones are any worse, just different. The sword is nicer, and the proportions aren't quite as exaggerated as the current ones are.

Better, I don't think so. Merely different.

Having an army and not owning a rulebook is like owning a car with no steering wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by amishcellphone
    <3 rork. He does all the arguing so I don't have to.

Xan
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

While on the subject of Eldar, can anyone tell me how big the eldar epic revenent titans are compared to an eldar guardian please?

I think that the slender anorexic shape adds to the appearance of the banshees, personally. I seriously am disappointed by the change of hats, though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Personly it goes with the etheric "Banshee" like qaulity's of the banshee which I think is a improvement on the old ones who look like they used to much hair gel and wax.

It also lends to the apearance of them being countinualy fast and agile, the fleet of foot and always strick first in 1st turn of CC.:yes:

Xan
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can anyone answer the question about the epic titans?

Slave to the flesh The_Outsider's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    251 (x8)

I like the newer banshee models, they seem more...more gritty, to me they seem more 40k than the current ones.

They still look fragile but to me they look like they can actually slice a marine in half with little effort.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For my mind, the current Banshees are fantastic. They look dangerous.
    Those new ones they're bringing out, well...looks like they've put on a bit of weight really.
    They look pudgy.
    Plus, they're a real step back towards the second edition Banshees models.
    GW are making a very unneccesary replacement here.

What they should have focused on was NEW WARP SPIDERS!!!!
    The only Aspect that didn't get a resculpt last time around, and they're missing out again.

Do we really need new Striking Scorpians/Dire Avengers/Fire Dragons?

We could use some Swooping Hawks that look a bit dangerous. That would be nice.

And as for new sculpts, I can't believe that we wont be seeing new Wraithguard, and we especially won't be seeing them in plastic. GW is really dropping the ball with the Eldar.

And new jetbikes!!! Not so much the bikes but the riders. They should be brought up to date with the rest of the Eldar force. This would also save me from having to convert mine, but I might as well, seeing as they're dropping Guardian Storm Squads from the new Codex.
    Ain't nothing else I can do with those sixteen models, so they'll now become my Jetbike pilots.
    Five rings through her flesh...each a point of lust...she see's

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast