US GW Price Changes for July - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    126 (x4)

US GW Price Changes for July

Did a few searches on the LO to see if this topic has been brought up and I didn't see anything. So if it has I apologize.

A friend of mine told me the other day that GW was doing a serious repricing of 40k and fantasy models. Sure enough I did a google search and turned this up:
    http://us.games-workshop.com/news/cu...riceReview.pdf

And I also found out that the price changes take effect July 10th. Came as a pleasant surprise for me as I was about to buy the SM Battleforce which will be dropping $20 in price. Unfortunately, a lot of the single blister packs will be increasing in price.

Once again I apologize if this has already been discussed.

Tim Wright

"The internet perceives censorship as damage, and routes around it."
    -John Gilmore

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The blisterpack price here in sweden has gone mad... but i didnt know they would actually lower the price for once! Do you have the diffrent pricegroups in the stores where you are? We have everything marked with a,b,c,d and such.... lately the price was raised one level ( The c-things now cost d and such) looking forward to see if they plan to drop the price on the other stuff in sweden.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

126 (x4)

It looks like the prices in the US are getting banded like the way you described in Sweden. Most things are going up, but they're bringing a lot of the box sets to same price (all battleforces will cost $US 90 or about 652 Swedish krona, (hope I got the currency right )
    Tim Wright

-John Gilmore

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    81 (x1)

Though the price change is pleasant. The battleforce boxes will not be like their current format. Many sets will be getting less items to represent the decreased price.

I believe the Space marine set will loose the command-squad sprue, Chaos should be losing about 4-to-all berzerkers/posibly replaced with reg CSM's, orks should be losing the buggy or trukk(trukk i beleive since a new mold is in the works) and gaining some boyz. All the Battleforce/Battalion sets are supposed to be going plastic-only, and the format is as follows : 1hq, 2 troops/core units, 1 other("other" being anything from fast attack to heavy support). Which would be in line with GW's attempt to decrease their pewter production to character-only items.

So this is not as much a price decrease as a repackaging of some current battleforce sets, to flow with future releases and allow them to slowly remove outdated sprues. Except in the case of space marines, which is more of a repack to fit to sales.

All-in-all, not much of a surprise.
    :ninja:
    www.HIGHBATTALION.com - it's a link, you click it.
    "The world will be a better place when the world's resources are used for Giant Robots."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

126 (x4)

Hmm, the current SM Battleforce comes with the command squad, rhino+5 man tact squad and a 10 man tact squad. They can't really drop anything and make it cheaper than buying the sets individually.
    Tim Wright

-John Gilmore

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

81 (x1)

It's actually a Razorback, Command squad, 5-Tac squad, 10-Tac squad. which works out to 122.50 if bought seperately. The command squad drop was only a guess, but the repackaging has been confirmed by my GW store.

They could easily drop the Command squad and replace it with the Commander sprue. Which would cover the price drop as easy as pie.
    :ninja:
    www.HIGHBATTALION.com - it's a link, you click it.
    "The world will be a better place when the world's resources are used for Giant Robots."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

81 (x2)

Gargoyles are going up in price?

Heh, I guess that'll assure their place as the least-used unit ever.

+ Reply to Thread