Armybuilder - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Armybuilder

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Armybuilder

I guess many of you guys know about the armybuilder-program.( am I the only one without it?) And i know it can be downloaded from the wolflair..... But how much will it cost, and is it worth it?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    81 (x1)

I personally don't think it's worth it unless you really struggle with making lists for your armies. But I do know a couple people who swear by it. It costs aroud $35-$40.
    :ninja:
    www.HIGHBATTALION.com - it's a link, you click it.
    "The world will be a better place when the world's resources are used for Giant Robots."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    46 (x2)

Na, pen and paper is easier, cheaper and more portable. Save the cash and get another model.
    AGLOCO - Earn money by browsing the internet!

Quote Originally Posted by Krevzi and Me
    Warhammer is like crack. But more expensive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karmoon View Post
    Learn parasite, that us Chaos players like to have our cake and eat it. In fact, we particularly like stealing the poor necrons' cake and eating that too, because they're too slow.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I find ArmyBuilder to be invaluable!!! But then I also play about 6 different games that have download sets for it, to build army rosters. (40K, Warhammer, Gothic, Warlord, etc) I can easily juggle different combinations of things, and the verifications makes sure my lists are "legal" as far as requirements go. (seen a lot of lists that seem okay on the surface, but when you dig into them, you find there's units being taken without all their requirements, etc, etc )

They did kinda pull a fast one and are not adding the newer codex material to the older version of the program. but still, it's not all that expensive and works exceptionally well. The interface is pretty easy to work with overall. I consider it well worth the cost.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    50 (x2)

I bought a "copy" of army builder about 8 months ago or so. I think it was 30 or 40 bucks.

As a new player, I think it's a really handy resource. For those first lists you're trying to come up with, its nice to be able to concentrate on the list itself instead of hitting the FOC requirements, math, restricted wargear, wargear cost, etc. Its also really handy when you're using skills or squad items and you want to see how much the squad is by removing a body from it. It saves a lot of time on the math end.

Honestly though, I hardly use it anymore. I've gotten to where I can do more of my list faster in my head. I just use the spreadsheet program in OpenOffice to make my lists now.

It really was super handy though when I first started playing. It manages so many rules for you automatically that it's really nice. I think seasoned players for who a lot of that kind of thing is second nature would probably find it to be a waste of money.
    We all carry on,
    When our brothers in arms are gone.
    So raise your glass high
    For tomorrow we die,
    And return from the ashes you call.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It kicks ass if you have a laptop (with you) and need to make a list ASAP for a pick-up game or forgot your codex at home and need to shave some points cuz a fourth showed up and now your playing doubles.

That said, I have a dedicated 40k notebook with several point lists for each of my Chaos Legions and Tau variants - armybuilder isn't as usefull to me then.
    fRESH lives

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    85 (x4)

I wonder... aren't there any freeware equivalents?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good for beginners, eh? Sounds like it would fit me perfectly. But the price was a bit..high...
    Im not poor or anything, but as one of you said, Its hard to buy it when you think of the models you could get instead!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the cheapest thing to do is to use exsel it takes loads of work at the begining but you will get work fast and efective. but you dont get validation which is annoing. i have armies of the imperium but its abit annoing when they forget mods!!!!
    "Mr. Cypher please come out from underneath the table, the Dark Angels are not out to get you."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by the_fifth_horseman
    I wonder... aren't there any freeware equivalents?
    Apparantly GW has a habit of immediatly stamping on anything free that is to do with their games ie armybuilders, flash games etc i think their reason behind this is that they don't want anyone to get something for nothing.
    Equipped with the latest XV25 Stealth Armour these troops are the 'love wolves' of the Tau army, operating independently of other formations.

This cock up is bought to you by GW Australia.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast