i need an executive decision - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i need an executive decision

i need an executive decision in weather to start word bearers night lords or eldar
    thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    425 (x8)

In my opinion the most interesting sounds like the word bearers. There is a lot of room for interesting conversions and details to add to the figures. Really though start an army that you are most comfortable and happy about. If you have doubts it probably isn't the right army. Nothing worse that getting burnt out and hating an army half way through painting it!

Here is one of my interpretations of a word bearer icon bearer! He's a little dated now but...

Cheers,

-Mike

Now offering an affordable Tournament Legal Quality Commission pricing. Find out more here!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    38 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by ryan
    i need an executive decision in weather to start word bearers night lords or eldar
    thanks
    If you go with one of the CSM flavors, do yourself a favor and try to not make them obviously Word Bearers or Night Lords. Go ahead and give them that same feel if you want to, but try to avoid using the exact coloration and markings. When you decide that you want to try something different (as is likely) you'll be happy when you aren't trying to use little guys with bat wings as Iron Warriors.

I ran into this problem with my Space Marines. I painted them up all nice and pretty in Black Templar colors and then wanted to start something else... but my army is -very- obviously BT. A quick repaint of the right shoulder pad and painting the right hands red, and I've got a bit of a theme going on that makes it easier touse them as non-BTs... but I still feel a little dirty about it. Just something to keep in mind.

One of the fantastic things about SM/CSM armies is that you can field a -very- wide array of different lists with the same models. Take advantage of that.
    You play your game, I'll play mine.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    53 (x3)

I'll with slorak in that you need to get an army you enjoy and basically like.

I play a fast moving eldar force and really enjoy the sheer number of tactical options I have every turn. Usually the game is mine to win or lose. I personally wouldn't enjoy playing an army where it feels like all it needs me for is dice rolling.

On the other hand a lot of people may find it frustrating when they play eldar (well unless you're running the wraithlords) and they get wiped out for a little mistake they made. Or get frustrated because their figures can't do multiple things. They'd do better with marines.

It also helps if you like the fluff and look.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can't really go wrong with any of them, but I personally rather like Word Bearers myself (though I don't collect them as of yet they'll most likely be my next army.) Word Bearers are typically an army with lots of basic (if you could call a Chaos Space Marine basic!) troops, and with large numbers of Demons. If you like having lots of basic footsloggers, and unique special assault units (the afforementioned Demons) then WB's might be for you.

Night Lords are typically much faster, so if you like lots of fast attack choice then NL's would be a good army to pick. Having said that I've never been a hige fan of bikes in general, so you may wish to consider what other more experienced Night Lord players have to say on the subject.

Lastly Eldar can be configured in a large number of ways. If you want an army that requires multiple components to win often enough then they're a good choice. They can be very tricky to use however, especially for a newer player. If you do pick Eldar be very careful what you buy. Their new spankin' new Codex is being released in only a few months, so a new wealth of rules and models are coming out. If you don't want to wait that long, pick one of the Chaos armies...

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    53 (x3)

On a side note if you do pick eldar consider changing that last "e" to an "a" in your screen name. ^_^ (sorry...you'd think I'd have gotten over puns when I got over 24)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah, well sunnyside, it's kinda funny that you should mention that, as I already collect Eldar as one of my armies (though as of late I've shifted much more toward my Imperial Guard Army.) My username is actually a play on words of my last name, which just so happens to be rather similar to Eldar :shifty:.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think that this calls for some PRO'S and CON'S:

Eldar
    Pros:
    Easy to paint (depending on the paint scheme)
    very controlling of the board
    cool options and fluff
    very well known

Cons:
    hard for beginners
    wait for new codex, rules and models
    hard to recover from a major mess
    called sissies where I come from by local players

Word Bearers
    Pros:
    CHAOS! very well known
    can field lots of daemons
    lots of fluff and help (There's a master army in a recent White Dwarf!)
    easy to paint the traditional way

Cons:
    daemons take up a lot of points
    if daemons don't make it, then you are screwed
    if you have daemons, then you can only take a low amount of other guys
    if your bloodthirster gets killed by a squad of conscripts from a rookie, then you'll get laughed at

Night Lords
    Can field lots of Fast Attack
    Generally a fast army
    a cool army to start out with

Cons:
    not much help with modeling and tactica (unless you know where to look)
    (I don't know much about them so I can't help you much)

This is in no way a balanced help guide, but I hope it helps you.:yes:
    If terrorists ask you "Do you have a bullet through your head?" say proudly, with dignity, "No, I do not. Go fish."

Catalysts of Iron/Iron Warriors 0/0/0

Soldiers of the Forge Worlds Clan Founder.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    198 (x7)

Hmm... night lords are my favorite chaos, and eldar are the army that I 'almost' collected.

Pros of Nightlords:
    Fast
    Lots of Fast Attack
    Multiple Squads of Raptors
    Cool Models and Colour scheme
    Probably the rarest chaos army so you don't have to be like everyone else
    Can be very shooty or combaty.

Cons:
    Loss of heavy support
    Lots of units would be 'unfluffy' to use although you still can use them
    Lacking in model Range

Pros of Eldar:
    Very customisable
    Brand new Codex
    Awesome new models (the old ones are darned good too)
    Awesome fluff
    Rewarding to play with

Cons of Eldar:
    Can be hard to play with for some people
    Gets frequent insults about being little pixies and such...
    'The New Army' so you'd be one of those people jumping on the band wagon
    Might get called cheesy even if it isn't because you'll have certain things they won't have and they'll ignore the things they have that you don't....

I know nothing of word bearers apart from what I read from their brief summary on the site but I guess its cool how they absolutely hate the imperium.

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Bogan
    Teno, you are so godlike I almost creamed my pants!
    Tenozuma - The Burninator... I came, I saw, I posted.
    Dark Eldar player.

Feel free to PM if you want any advice or help with anything.
    Assume everything I say has a "what I think" disclaimer.

Hang out with all the other Aussie and NZ members at The ANZAC Clan.
    Need advice, want to talk warhammer or just want a laugh? Come on LO Chat. http://www.librarium-chat.com/

+ Reply to Thread