Librarium Online Forums banner

opponents consent

346 views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  number6 
#1 ·
if you field a warmachine, like say a tyranid bio titan, do you need your opponents consent to use it, or is it like with special characters where you don't need there permision in games of 2000pt and up?

#3 ·
King Ulrik Flamebeard said:
I beleive that all FW stuff does need permisson.
True. Currently all FW rules need the OK from your opponent (or tournament organiser) in order for you to use them in a game.

The one exception to this are the tanks in the Armoured Company list (clicky me!), some of which are FW designs. You can only use these if you are using an AC list though.

Cheers,
Rich

#4 ·
True. Currently all FW rules need the OK from your opponent (or tournament organiser) in order for you to use them in a game.
Thats a load of s*t if someone see a FW model and thinks, I cant counter that or just doesnt want to fight it and there by trying to keep someone from using the expesive model with an expensive rule book, they should be shot, like alot of people should be......bad mood this morning.....

#5 ·
Osaria said:
Thats a load of s*t if someone see a FW model and thinks, I cant counter that or just doesnt want to fight it and there by trying to keep someone from using the expesive model with an expensive rule book, they should be shot, like alot of people should be......bad mood this morning.....
That's being more than a little uncharitable!

I mean, you go to a game with your usual army, and somebody drops down a titan. Or maybe two (you're playing a 2000+ pts game). That is seriously unbalancing.

If you wanna go spend hundreds of dollars on fancy models and books, that's your right. But don't go around complaining 'cause the rest of us don't want to do that, too.

#6 ·
You have to have permission to use it.

I remember one instance when some dropped an Imperial bomber on the table, he was playing a newbie learning 40k who didnt have a clue. Myself and another said hang on you cnat use that his response "yes i can i paid the points for it"
He was a cheating little sod anyhow, in the end i stood by the table and helped the new guy the whole way through the game,

#8 ·
chemicalcaveman said:
But honestly who would not want to pit your army against a titan or the like. In a friendly game between mates there should be no problem. I would not take one down to the local club or GW Shop unless you had arranged with your oppenent before hand............
That's great! I agree with you 100%
But you'll note that you are talking about consent, given ahead of time.
There's a reason Imperial Armour rules aren't allowed in tournaments. It's because, in many cases, they are unbalancing to the game.
Again, I don't care if somebody wants to spend the money, time, and effort to obtain and paint up ForgeWorld models. Hopefully, you're doing it because you like the fluff behind the model and rules and want the challenge and uniqueness involved with owning one. Because you think it's cool, not because you want to kick butt with it every time you play.
Nevertheless, if one of my friends did it, I'd indulge them once in a while. But only once in a while. I want to actually enjoy a more balanced game more often than not. It's not as much fun to play when the deck is continually stacked against you.
So yeah. Buy all the IA rules and FW models you like. But it's beyond rude to complain about people -- especially people you don't know and don't have a relationship with -- not wanting to give you their consent to use them in a game.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.