Make Forgeworld tournament legal - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Make Forgeworld tournament legal

I would like to see more forge world models like titans in tournament. At the moment Titans and most of the imperial armour models are not legal to use in qualifying tournament. I think this will ad a whole new dimension to the game and what is the point of having a expensive model that can only be used in certain tournaments. I've seen a warhound titan fully assembled and painted and it looks impressive.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    81 (x1)

I'd say there's a fairly obvious reason Super-heavies aren't tournamtent legal.
    And most tournaments allow use of regular FW peices, like Russ variant turrets and dreads.

I'd say that's plenty fine as it is. Most armies can't effectivly counter a super heavy without one of their own anyways. They're great in megabattles though.
    :ninja:
    www.HIGHBATTALION.com - it's a link, you click it.
    "The world will be a better place when the world's resources are used for Giant Robots."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with carot. It's very hard to take out a super heavy without your own (or a lot of ordnance) To take one out without an armoured company or your own titan means that the rest of the enemy army will make it to your lines without any difficulty (even though there won't be much as the titan costs so much).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

super heavies could only realistically be made legal if the other army had a super heavy. That would cause a bit of a problem as not everyone has them (although they look very very good). i created a 1500pt skitarii list using the IG:codex and was going to use forgeworld vanquishers, when i took the list down to my local GW they said i could not have vanquishers for a tournament and could not have them in an imperial guard army (despite what the imp armour book states, perhaps he got confused with vindicator i dont know), so i didnt bother getting the models to build it as i wanted an army that i could use in-store and in tournaments that was different and interesting.

I think all non-super heavies should be tournament legal as the great FW models will get a lot of use and give people a chance to see them on a battlefield which is thier rightful place.
    Don't touch that please, your primitive intellect wouldn't understand things with alloys and compositions and things with... molecular structures.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

786 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by 74CM
    what is the point of having a expensive model that can only be used in certain tournaments. I've seen a warhound titan fully assembled and painted and it looks impressive.
    You answer your own question, 74CM. You have expensive models because they look cool. And you know ahead of time that investing in FW models and rules does not mean you will ever get to use them. Knowing that ahead of time, you have no right to complain that you can't use them in an official tournament. Like everyone else said, they're rarely allowed because they're extremely unbalancing.

Also, as someone else noted, you can always use FW models and bits to replace Citadel models and bits for the "regular" models and units detailed in the 40K Codices and FB Army Books. So it's not like spending extra money on nice-looking models has to be "useless" from a tourney standpoint.
    ninjabackhand: point and click, again, really? even after i give you an military term "shock tactic" you still call it point and click.
    RIP Warhammer 40,000: 21 Sep 1998 - 24 May 2014

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with the others. I have a chaos titan from forge world for my night lords, it's mostly just there to look cool. Although I used it once a while back.
    Armies\\
    Night Lords
    DaemonHunters

Can you hear the voices too?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do agree...Super heavy's might be a problem in some cases but they should look at making the rest legal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree that superheavies should be legal. Most official tournies are what, 1850 points or so? Not even two-thousand? The average superheavy is about 600-700 points(though some are cheaper, like the marauders) or more(like the titan which averages to about 800-900 points or more). That is about 1/3 to 1/2 of your opponents army. Superheavies aren't that hard to take down. Not hard at all...

It's a common misconception that a superheavy is immortal, but it isn't, I have seen 4 Structure Point VDR's go down like chimera's in the past. Now, when a single model takes 1/3 to 1/2 of your opponents army, all what you got to do is open up in full on your opponents codex army, which will take 2 turns at most to whipe out, and then just take out the superheavy piecemeal, or do the opposite, although you can probably take down a warhound in 1 turn or less.
    W/D/L
    Tau - Knights of the Frozen Wastes
    10/2/4

Necrons - The Phalanx of Gleaming Death
    2/0/0

CSM - Iron Warriors
    Coming Soon

98% of the teen population has smoked weed, if you are the 2% that hasn't, put this in your signature.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The other option is to be a necron player. Hitting on 3+ and glancing on a 6 regardless of AP? Aaah yes i see those super-heavies being a huge point sink against necron players in tournies. Us necrons will probably be the only ones who don't care if they make them legal :w00t:

searching for sheep silentdeathz's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    36 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by 74CM
    I would like to see more forge world models like titans in tournament. At the moment Titans and most of the imperial armour models are not legal to use in qualifying tournament. I think this will ad a whole new dimension to the game and what is the point of having a expensive model that can only be used in certain tournaments. I've seen a warhound titan fully assembled and painted and it looks impressive.

Terrible idea, most people cant afford a super heavy titan, (£280 roughly), and without one you cant kill one(without great effort, that would probably leave your army3/4 destroyed and him only 1/4 destroyed say)

Tournies are fine as they are.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast