So you're at a bar in the 41st millenium.... - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    81 (x1)

So you're at a bar in the 41st millenium....

So a friend and I were discussing the normal "If I were in the 40k universe...." nonsense, when this subject came up...

They obviously have bars in the 41st millennium, so what do you order when you go to one?

We came up with the following:

The beer would probably be called....POWER ARMOR BEER. "Hey barkeep get me some Power Armor!"

Or you could order:

A Flaming Heretic - something multicolored

The Khorne berserker -

The Dirty Slaanesh - almost has to be a martini drink

The Emperor's Blessing

The Commissar's Nightcap - this would be some kind of shot

The Earth Shaker -

Holy Promethium -

We've decided to match a concoction to each drink. We'll attempt as many non-alcoholic ideas as is feasible. I'll keep you updated to our progress.

I'll be browsing my mixing book for ideas, and you can provide your own as well. When we're done we'll attempt these drinks at one of our games and let you know of the results.

P.S. The Emperor will be carding everyone at the door.
    :ninja:

www.HIGHBATTALION.com - it's a link, you click it.
    "The world will be a better place when the world's resources are used for Giant Robots."

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x2)

Well most of the imperial civilians do not know of the Dark Gods, and they think that Space Marines are a legend and also immortal! They do NOT EVEN know what a power armour is...
    although it would be fun! just read some more fluff
    -lurking in the shadows of LO.

Officially diagnosed by Tekore
    Melkhior, Necrarch Lord

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    525 (x8)

I stand firm with the Coca-Cola in the 41st millenium.

Imagien this huge billboard hanging from the moon, visable to everybody who leaves Terra, with a huge Coca-Cola logo and a Space Marine holding a can of cola in one hand and giving the 'thumb's-up' with the other. Beneath him it says 'The Emperor's finest!'

Most pubs serve a drink called Amasec. It it mentioned in like every 40k-novel ever...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also I think they still serve wine like substances.

I think its what one of the rembrancers in False Gods drinks at least or something that was described as 'like wine'. Implying wine exists in the 41st millenium.

Look forward to trying some of what you come up with though Perhaps the Flaming Heretic should be a shot to light like the 'Flaming Homer'. All heretics must be burnt after all.
    Archaon's Top Tip for profiting from the End Time: Pillage before you burn

When I say jump you don't ask me 'How high?' maggot! You jump!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    28 (x2)

amasec is an drink similar to wiskey but sometimes they say things about it that you would think it´s wine.

"I could calculate your chance of survival, but you won't like it."
    "Shut up! Sit your ass down in that chair and DRINK YOUR GODDAMN TEA!" - Cid FFVII

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SQUIG JUICE!! A glass a day will keep the medics away!! :x it will also rot your teeth, all your internal organs, cause evryone standing down wind to become violontly ill, and make you strangley attractive to any Ork in the area

Real life mix - Midori + kiwi juice + topped with green soda, ice, shake well :yes: :yes: :w00t:
    98% of the teen population has smoked weed, if you are the 2% that hasn't, and blindly believe everything you read on the net, then put this in your signature.

PS - i AM the Green Lantern

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    45 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by D4RKN3SS
    SQUIG JUICE!! A glass a day will keep the medics away!! :x it will also rot your teeth, all your internal organs, cause evryone standing down wind to become violontly ill, and make you strangley attractive to any Ork in the area

Real life mix - Midori + kiwi juice + topped with green soda, ice, shake well :yes: :yes: :w00t:
    This actually exists in 40k, although I am not sure it is made from squiggs. It is called grog and that is the alchoholic beverage used to wash down the squigg.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can you order a San-gin-ious? Maybe a big mug of Wulfen-braü? I could imagine a very dark beer called a Black Templar.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    81 (x1)

I could definately see San-gin-ious wine. It'd be a good red port made at the San-gin-ious vineyards.

The Black Templar would almost certainly be a dark Stout beer.

I like the squig juice mix.

I should make up labels for this. You could slap them on the appropriate bottle and share with your friends.

I'm taking notes people, I'll make up a drink list put it on my website and you can download it as a pdf file. Keep em coming.

P.S. This isn't a fluff thing, I read plenty of fluff, it's more along the lines of what kind of drink would you make with a 40k theme. Some people seem to be getting confused about that.

:ninja:
    www.HIGHBATTALION.com - it's a link, you click it.
    "The world will be a better place when the world's resources are used for Giant Robots."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    147 (x5)

Obviously being a barman myself I can lend a couple...

Holy Prometheum (Obviously the most alcohol laden flamey drink...) - Absinthe, Aftershock, Jack Daniels, Pernod. Should fit in a half pint glass assuming theyre all 25ml measures from the optic.

Axle Grease (because it tastes foul...) - Cointreau, Tequila, Pernod, Tia Maria.

Cointreau is a foul tasting orange flavoured liquer type thing, Tequila is rough as being ****ed in the face, Pernod, oh god, I hate that ****. Someone orders it and because its in a bottle, not an optic we have to use a measuring cylinder and it goes on your hands and you just cant wash that **** off, the smell stays with you forever. Like its bloody radioactive. Tia Maria by itself is alright, but i wouldnt be surprised if it curdled a bit with all the other stuff.
    Last edited by Phobos; August 25th, 2006 at 10:42.
    "It fits like clothes made out of wasps!"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast