the luck of the adeptus? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the luck of the adeptus?

Now, given that Marines are just generally easier to roll for than most other armies I've played ( Tau, Eldar, IG), but last night my aprox, 1000pt force of marines stood up to 1500pts of IG with mercenary mutants. Now, I'll admit, I did lose, but not before dragging down 75% of my opponent's forces with me. I'd say out of the entire game, I rolled nicely 4/5 times, easy. What's better is the heroics my troops performed really WERE worthy of fluff (cmon people. a single librarian HQ, ALONE, against 9 dogs, and 10 hunkin' mutants with 28 total dice being rolled against me per assault! Or my 2 rhino's, which basically became turrets after the 3rd turn). But anyway, my uncanny luck last night aside, I wanted to open the discussion up to the topic of dice rolling:

How lucky are you on average?

"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!"

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Horribly unlucky. I get a squad of 12 Firewarriors, using doubleshot on a group of incoming SM... I will get in a total of one or two (if I'm really lucky!) wounds in, but then both wounds get saved. Meanwhile my freind playing the SM army never misses a single Krak missle shot against my hammerhead. So, after only a total of 7 marine casualties, and exterminating my entire 1300 point tau army, we switch sides. The firewarriors all of a sudden become super eliet SM hunters, killing one or two each volly. It seems like no matter what I do, I lose, simply because I cannot roll anything above a 3. (I want someone with a loooot of time on his hands to make a sort of rule system that doesnt rely so heavily on chance.)
    I play my 40k with friendly fire.
    Finally fixed the link!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    176 (x6)

i usually have good luck, however, it always depends on what im rolling for. like if i'm rolling for saves, i do well, but if i'm rolling to wound, that's a different story.

is Alpharius FabricatorGeneralMike's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    103 (x2)

im horrible, back when Termies had a 3+ save on 2d6, I could role snake eyes like I was loosing at craps...sighs sucks to be termies when im rolling for them
    FluffMaster on a mission to turn people to the Sisters of battle, yes folks it's all about SoB squads in Repressors with lots of flamer templates for the win.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    198 (x7)

My luck varies quite a bit, I can't roll to wound with most things, my dark lances almost always fail me and so do my incubi but my wyches are golden, and my splinter weaponry is usually pretty good. My lord with pretty much always overdose on combat drugs or fail the shadowfield first time, or both but when shooting disintegrators on maximum fire, they usually hit.

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Bogan
    Teno, you are so godlike I almost creamed my pants!
    Tenozuma - The Burninator... I came, I saw, I posted.
    Dark Eldar player.

Feel free to PM if you want any advice or help with anything.
    Assume everything I say has a "what I think" disclaimer.

Hang out with all the other Aussie and NZ members at The ANZAC Clan.
    Need advice, want to talk warhammer or just want a laugh? Come on LO Chat. http://www.librarium-chat.com/

On an Island that nobody can find except for those who already know where it is.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, i can be really lucky sometimes, but it always comes back at me. Although now the most annoying thing that happens to me (it happened to me heaps in one game) i would shoot an enemy tank with 40 gauss shots. on to hit. i get at least 15 sixes. then when armour penetration comes along, i roll 2 at the most. Although most of my problems are when my enemy just refuses to die, not to my bad luck.

... There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x3)

For me it goes something like this.An 8 man squad fires their storm bolters. I get 14 hits and 8 or 9 wounds. It this point the other person looks like the licked a cats but. Then they roll to save and I might kill two odds are I kill one. I would like to kill more often but just to see the look on the other persons face,I will take being able to hit .:w00t:
    Why use science and education when ignorance and superstition will work just as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My Chaos army was super lucky, but that may be because I soaked the dice in chicken blood before using them for the first time...

Don't knock pagan sacrifice, it works .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    72 (x3)

generally, my bad rolling comes to me via turns. Instead of this whole game stuff, i get bad rolls every other turn. (terrible WBB rolls too....)

like last game. We had all just come back to our game yeserdaym right? so it was my turn to role back for my 4 destroyers ( we were playing a 750 point game) and of course i roll and everything goes 3213 for dice rolls and they all die. Soon afterwards my warriors wewre faling to lasgun shots (AFTER FAILING THIE 3+ COVER SAVE!!!!!!!! TO AUTOCANNONS,......) and that was the end of that.

Also however, later that game my lord got up from death, ran over to the tau commandewr, and slaughtered him. (we were playing 3 player FFA)
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...d.php?t=104497
    PM me about Aurora Prime Vassal fights! Willing and ready!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, I get plenty of infantry kills and everything. However, tanks need at least 3 lascannons. For instance, I have one lascannon pointed at the side of a hammerhead. I roll to hit. A 1!!!! No!!!!

Also, autocannon shots to the rear of a devilfish, I roll a four for everything. That's barely enough. :sleep: Not bad.

However, I would advise this. Get at least 8 terminators in close combat with Tau commanders or suits or tanks. Very good results.
    If terrorists ask you "Do you have a bullet through your head?" say proudly, with dignity, "No, I do not. Go fish."

Catalysts of Iron/Iron Warriors 0/0/0

Soldiers of the Forge Worlds Clan Founder.

+ Reply to Thread