Missing pieces in boxes? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Missing pieces in boxes?

I apologize in advance for the rant-iness of this post...

I got a Tau Empire Battleforce yesterday and discovered today that it's missing 6 of the 7 gun drones.

Within the past six months I've had four products come up short of what should have been in them... I had a box of Kasrkin missing a Kasrkin w/ flamer... a box of Steel Legion missing a sarge's arm... a box of Thousand Sons missing a torso... and now the aforementioned battleforce missing a rather significant number of pieces.

While the actual monetary value of the missing pieces doesn't add up to some huge amount it's still annoying. I was lucky this time; I actually bought it at a GW store and (as I was told before when I inquired about the issue with previous boxes with missing pieces) they will replace the pieces or bitz order them. But it's still an inconvenience to have to go in and go through the process when I should be clipping, assembling and painting my mans. (

Has anybody else noticed a startling increase in missing pieces in boxes lately? I'm just curious as to if I just have the worst luck around or if there's a growing problem in quality assurance at GW...

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I bought a monolith a couple weeks back and it too was missing pieces. I was missing one half of the crystal that goes on to of the monolith. While it wwasn't a huge piece, I was very annoyed; I payed fifty-five dollars for that monolith, GW could at least make sure they include all the pieces. I oredered it from GW's online store, though, so it was a simple matter of calling them up and having it replaced.

W/T/L- 85 Billion/1/4

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    66 (x2)

it hasnt happened in the last couple of years, but once i bought a command blister without a guys arm, it was lame but the store i bought it from gave me a new blister and let me keep the old one.... the chances of you being so unlucky are amazing, but recently (last 4 year) nothings happened to me
    "This sure ain't no pansy Eldar Armor, Son"
    185th Cadian Armored Div.

"One Shot, One Kill"
    Western Border Patrol of Athel Loren

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    39 (x1)

nothing missing so far but i have seen some pretty badly cast models. a friend of mine bought a box of sword brethren and all of the models were cracked!!!! he told the staff and they looked and the manager said that it was just bad casting, so he opens another box to give him new models...cracked again!!! turns out all of the sword brethren in the store were cracked.
    JOIN MY SQUAD IN THE SONS OF THE LIBRARIUM THREAD, I NEED TACTICAL MARINES! I PLAN TO CONVERT UP A SQUAD TO "COUNT AS" LoTD IN MY SMarine ARMY

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    46 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by lordsauron View Post
    nothing missing so far but i have seen some pretty badly cast models
    I had that. A box of Chaos Space Marines is what I bought, a mess was what I got. Most of the bodies had been over-heated or something, leaving them with NO details whatsoever; just a blob of plastic!
    AGLOCO - Earn money by browsing the internet!

Quote Originally Posted by Krevzi and Me
    Warhammer is like crack. But more expensive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karmoon View Post
    Learn parasite, that us Chaos players like to have our cake and eat it. In fact, we particularly like stealing the poor necrons' cake and eating that too, because they're too slow.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had that just today. I purchased a box of the SM Command Squad. I got all the bodies, heads, heads, ect, but no power weapons or fists at all. All it came with was enough bits to make 2 normal Marines, with just a bunch of bodies, and I was severely agribated. This is about the thrid time that a box did not contan all the bits i needed.

The sad thing is that the only place that sells in my area is Hobbytown USA, and they do not give refunds on opened products, nor would they replace them.
    Ist doch so gut gewürzt und so schön flambiert und so liebevoll auf Porzellan serviert Dazu ein guter Wein und zarter kerzenschein Ja da lass ich mir Zeit Etwas Kultur muss sein.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    46 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Marious View Post
    I had that just today. I purchased a box of the SM Command Squad. I got all the bodies, heads, heads, ect, but no power weapons or fists at all. All it came with was enough bits to make 2 normal Marines, with just a bunch of bodies, and I was severely agribated. This is about the thrid time that a box did not contan all the bits i needed.

The sad thing is that the only place that sells in my area is Hobbytown USA, and they do not give refunds on opened products, nor would they replace them.
    Ouch, that's bad. But surely if you kick up a fuss, or complain about a faulty product then they'll do something?
    AGLOCO - Earn money by browsing the internet!

Quote Originally Posted by Krevzi and Me
    Warhammer is like crack. But more expensive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karmoon View Post
    Learn parasite, that us Chaos players like to have our cake and eat it. In fact, we particularly like stealing the poor necrons' cake and eating that too, because they're too slow.

Vxx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I bought my Tyranid Battle box everything was good except the Carnifex sprue that contained the heads was missing. When I informed GW they sent me a new one and all was good.

Also the Ravener blister I bought was missing its arm pieces. GW said they would send them out to me but I ended up receiving a devourer weapon instead. I counted my losses and just used some leftovers from my genestealers. They are a bit small but its better than nothing.

It makes me wonder how much money GW would save if they took the extra time to ensure all of the bits and sprues were in order before a package is sent out...

Also thinking about it, it pisses me off when GW skimps on bits. Like a set of say 6 models can all be equiped with the same bit but GW only includes 1 in the box. So in order to be WYSIWYG you have to spend $20 just to purchase the needed parts.
    Last edited by Vxx; November 7th, 2006 at 21:58.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    385 (x8)

As far as missing pieces go, as long as you still have the original box, you can ALWAYS get the missing pieces. GW, while their production line does have error associated with it, their customer support has always been good. Over the years I've found a number of boxes with missing or even mis-cast things. Keep the box, it has the product sku and lot number on it.
    Call the GW support or mail order guys and report it, they will replace it at no charge to you.
    Having the Sku and lot is important, they will not honor it if you don't have those numbers, because that is their way of maintaining QC, the lot is associated with a specific set of events from manufacturing to assembling, and if there's "a guy" that keeps messing up, they need to know that.
    W/D/L Eleventy trillion billion/NONE/ NONE - I am STILL rulezor!
    WINDMILLS DO NOT WORK THAT WAY!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes, that is a heavy problem. Why is it that regular space marines NEVER come with a right handed power fist or Lightning Claws? I have to buy Assult Squads and Tac Squads just to get what I need, and I can not even use Assult! (13th Company Army)

Is everyone in the world of 40K left handed?

Oh and I asked Hobbytown about it, and all they were willing to do was give me a 5% discount on my next purchase.
    Ist doch so gut gewürzt und so schön flambiert und so liebevoll auf Porzellan serviert Dazu ein guter Wein und zarter kerzenschein Ja da lass ich mir Zeit Etwas Kultur muss sein.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast