Your favourite 40k army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

View Poll Results: Who is your favourite

Voters
128. You may not vote on this poll
  • Space marines

24 18.75%
  • Tyranids

13 10.16%
  • Imperial guard

20 15.63%
  • Necrons

10 7.81%
  • Eldar

10 7.81%
  • Dark Eldar

7 5.47%
  • Witch hunters or Deamon hunters

15 11.72%
  • Orks

5 3.91%
  • Chaos Space marines or LATD

18 14.06%
  • Tau

6 4.69%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Ealing in Middlesex in London in England in Uk in Europe in North H'sphere in World in U'verse
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your favourite 40k army

What is your favourite 40k army?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    77 (x2)

I voted Chaos. I do like Space Marines in general. I started out with Loyalist marines once. Recently I switched to Chaos, partially for more conversion options and the look. Loyalist looks to clean.

Also I don't like horde armies like Orks or Imps. (although I might someday start an Armoured company). I don't know.. just not my thing. And another thing on Marines is they look more bulky, I like that look more then for example Eldar.

I'm not that much of a fluff master, but to me it all sounds like the entire 40k universe revolves around Marines anyway. The others all join the party.:yes:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Even though I play mainly Fantasy, I voted in this poll. For Imperial Guard. That's because I love horde armies and I love the basic thing of being a human. I believe in the end humanity will preserve above anything, just by working together as one race and imperial guard reflects this. Also the idea of a weak, sissy human with nothing better than a lasgun and surviving in a big bad universe where big bad supernatural monsters seek to kill humanity :yes:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Which army is my fav? thats a hard question, but Space marine win hands down in my book. Chaos is cool, but Im not into the whole daemon thing. I cant stand tau they got too many toys, and my friend's dad's Tau are the exact color of my marines, and he painted them after he saw mine!!!! So , I will forever wish to keeeelll Tau. Like vedetta style.
    -Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit Of All Who Threaten It-
    -It is better to die on your feet than to live on your knees-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Has a monkey! Imperialis_Dominatus's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    103 (x5)

Chaos, 'cause they are just so epic, malleable, convertible, etc. See my post in the fluff section (soon) for what I mean by malleable. Their backstory can pretty much be whatever, they have so many converting opportunities, and they have personality. Guard rock too though, for many of the same reasons.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

mine would have to be LatD. I love the fact thats its a horde army gone bad. i use to play khorne stop playing them to see the emperiors light by playing space wolfs. the light was alittle to bright for my test and went back to khorne for awhile and then ended playing LatD the best horde army at least i think so.

i mean you got about 60 or so mutants stare you down in the face and on the charge get 8 or 9 pf attack pretty bad (in a good way) if you ask me and getting to take probly the best tank in the 40k universe the leman russ just sets it off plus using whatever chaos has excpet some of there heavys at least you get the defiler :yes:
    Those who live be the pen die by those who live by the sword. Those who live by the sword die by those who live by the gun. Which one do you live by.

THE USA CLAN

Space Wolves
    WINS:0
    LOSSES:0

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

cant beat nids, then again, i like bugs, so i may be biased

but nids have the biggest conversion opportunity within them.
    Ist doch so gut gewürzt und so schön flambiert und so liebevoll auf Porzellan serviert Dazu ein guter Wein und zarter kerzenschein Ja da lass ich mir Zeit Etwas Kultur muss sein.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    176 (x6)

well, for me, its space marines. i've tried many armies and have found marines to be the perfect fit for me. plus i love the idea of couragous super human warriors fighting against the horrors of the universe in order to save humanity. they are the space marines, and they shall know no fear!!! ha, that always gives me a kick. anyway, some other armies like chaos and eldar are very cool, but i like the idea of fighting them as the bad guys.:yes:
    That is not dead which may eternal lie,
    for in strange aeons even death may die.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For me, it's always been about not being the Space Marines. Every 10 year old kid who played 40k always seemed to want to be Space Marines and it really made me want to "be different." So, I chose Necrons because I don't usually play the undead race. And their ease of painting (nice because I usually play fantasy) helped too.

They are my favorite because of their spirit. They are not an evil race, just a race that has been severely given the bum rap and the hatred of their condition caused them to make a mistake that cursed them for all eternity. That's just cool.
    Mongol General: Conan, what is best in life?
    Conan: To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I voted for IG just because I like the idea that in the wierd n wacky galxcy of the future, the common grunt is still the first line of defense against the hordes of aliens trying to destroy humanity.
    -Oafe

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast