To kill a Tyranid - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To kill a Tyranid

I hate tyrandis, there I have said it. Please dont rack down on me because of this, I dont haet players or army style, just their fluff. I mean, in the GW fluff the tyranids are presented as the fate of the galaxy, no-one else gets a shot.

Tyranids eat all, Then end!

So now I ask of you to put forward ideas to what could beat tyrandis (only fluff-wise). Everything goes! (Almost)

I think Necrons have a good chance since they couldnt care less about lifeless worlds, they want it that way!
    And tyranids get no biomass from living metal, so in the long run they will starve to death.

Raynor: You sound like a tired old man Fenix.
    Fenix: Don't let the fact that I am 368 years older than you dull your impression of me young Raynor, I can still - how do you terrans say it? - 'Throw down with the best of them.'
    Raynor: I stand corrected.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

LO's unofficial Jester Visitor Q's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    377 (x8)

This topic of "who would win" in WH40K always crops up now and again, it ends up in a never ending discussions where each of the races can demonstrate the fact that they would definitly win. The truth is that WH40K fluff has been designed so that all the races are at the moment in virtually perfect balance.

Just to cut to the chase here are all the races and why they would win:

Imperium: Vast armies, Access to nearly unlimited resources. Artifical restraints (treating technology as religion) which could be broken in the future. The slim chance of the emperor getting a new body.

Tyranids: Virtually unlimited armies. Ability to aggressivly evolve.

Necrons: Support of at least two gods. Immense technology,

Orks: Vast armies (common theme huh?). Power of the Waaagh as a Catalyst for drawing together the entire race, unpredictable yet brilliant technology.

Eldar/Dark Eldar: Amazing psychic powers ability to read the future, knowledge of the webway, unique technology.

Tau: Technology. Philisophy of the 'Greater Good' which allows them to gain many allies

Chaos: Support of at least 4 gods. Chaos can corrupt nearly anything. Eye of Terror is a safe haven where they can recover if defeated. Oh and of course, vast armies.

And finally...

Squats: Element of surprise (everyone thinks they are dead).

I think that about covers everyone and as you can see it doesn't look like there will be a clear winner anytime soon and specifically in regard to Tyranids any of these factors could be could be used to justify saying one of the races might be able to destroy them.
    Last edited by Visitor Q; November 17th, 2006 at 00:47.
    "God is dead" Nietzsche- 1886
    "Nietzsche is dead" God- 1900

Why are there scams? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q71FLDIMBc8

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    203 (x5)

What the φuck is a tyrandis ?
    Last edited by Nagato; November 16th, 2006 at 22:18.
    MEAT IS MURDER
    Hammerskin
    Nation

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    293 (x5)

Thats a good question, Nagato.

Ninjaguiden kindly take more care in typing up your posts. I have looked at your other posts and this one seems more like carelessness than a deliberate attempt to bring down the laws of Grammar and Spelling, but all the same we would prefer to see that final bit of effort made to spellcheck your submissions.

Last edited by Hard A**; November 27th, 2006 at 06:36.
    Ryan Dancey, Vice President of Wizards of the Coast, believed that TSR failed because of "...a near total inability to listen to its customers, hear what they were saying, and make changes to make those customers happy." Are you listening, Games Workshop ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    28 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjaguiden View Post
    1: I think Necrons have a good chance since they couldnt care less about lifeless worlds, they want it that way!
    2: And tyranids get no biomass from living metal, so in the long run they will starve to death.
    1: Necrons don´t want to see lifeless worlds because the only thing that drives them is to collect souls for the C´tan so you are wrong there.
    I mean they went into stasis to enable the galaxy to fill itself again with life, and now they are back for the 2th Red Harvest.

2: You are right that the Tyranids can´t get anny biomass from the necrons but the necron´s can´t get sould from the Tyranids so they would probably ignore eachother in the begining.
    But as soon as the Necron´s discover that the tyranids will only stop when they have devoured everything including the precious souls the Necron´s need and there will be no way to replenish them, then the Necron´s will probably try to stop the Tyranid from devouring everything.

"I could calculate your chance of survival, but you won't like it."
    "Shut up! Sit your ass down in that chair and DRINK YOUR GODDAMN TEA!" - Cid FFVII

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    46 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Visitor Q View Post
    Eldar: (probably the only race that is going to lose)
    Why do you say that?

Their technology is far superior to any others, they are slowly building a new God of Death and they're very skillful.

It is said that they are a 'dying' race, but I disagree with this; I would more call them a near-extinct species, but if you think about it, they are growing rather than dying off.

And then there is always the Metarune theory, which would make them re-taking their galaxy a certainty.
    AGLOCO - Earn money by browsing the internet!

Quote Originally Posted by Krevzi and Me
    Warhammer is like crack. But more expensive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karmoon View Post
    Learn parasite, that us Chaos players like to have our cake and eat it. In fact, we particularly like stealing the poor necrons' cake and eating that too, because they're too slow.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    28 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by PaRaSiTe_X92 View Post
    It is said that they are a 'dying' race, but I disagree with this; I would more call them a near-extinct species, but if you think about it, they are growing rather than dying off.
    My Necrons will take care of that

"I could calculate your chance of survival, but you won't like it."
    "Shut up! Sit your ass down in that chair and DRINK YOUR GODDAMN TEA!" - Cid FFVII

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Necros and Tyrnids are the tworaces that have the most chance of beating the entire galazy. Tyranids take their falen and regenerate the, so, in theory, no tyranid ever really dies. And the when a 'norn queen' is killed it sends out physic signals to the other hive ships to create more 'norn queens'.

Necrons never die. If they are defeated the fallen necrons are teleported out of battle along with the still survivng ones. They heavily damaged ones are repaired an are able to fight again. The Necrons also have the support of two gods. possibly three (outsider). Have the best tech as well. Gauss Falyers...i mean come on...what other weapon can beat it. The most basic necron weapon can destroy a land raider, no other army can make that claim.

Who ever said Eldar had the best tech they are wrong. Necrons virtually never die, and their weaponary is light years ahead of everybody else (even after being in statsis crypts forr millions of years). Tyranids also have some cool tech as well. Half of their weapons are actual organisms..how cool is that!

W/T/L- 85 Billion/1/4

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    81 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by nexus-star View Post
    1: Necrons don´t want to see lifeless worlds because the only thing that drives them is to collect souls for the C´tan
    Not to argue for any cause, the C'Tan don't care at all about souls. The souls of the beings they kill are set free into the Warp (that's right in the Codex). The C'Tan feed on 'life force' (in the form of bio-electric fields, most likely), but they leave the soul intact.

Ghost of LO ForgedInTheFurnaceOfWar's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    185 (x8)

Well, pretty much ever primarch is fluff wise, is destined to return.

Guilliman, Jonson, Russ, the emperor himself, just about all of them.

Are by fluff all destined to return at a time of great need. If you consider these characters are two powerful to be represented in 40k. Then one might infer, they are army killers. Robert Gillian is said to 'healing' inside his toom like chamber. Considering the ultra marines have already stopped the nids once, its reasonable to consider when Roboute Guilliman awakes, it would because the Nids over run the ultra marine defenders, and the chapter nearly defeated, or by some huge chaos invasion. Although, it seems more likely to me that the story of chaos lies rooted in Jonson, and the dark angels. So since ultra marines seem to be the most likely to battle the treat of the Nids, they are most likely to defeat the nids, probably with the help of some other chapters though, since nearly all the chapters are honour bound to the ultra marines, and nearly half the chapters in the second founding are where the from the ultra marines, they could surely gather a large war host fairly quickly. Granted the nids/tau/necrons weren’t around in the great crusade, but its not difficult to imagine the countless billions of demons/orks/eldar unloyal humans, and rather other that would have yielded to Roboute Guilliman in the past. He is also one of the few loyalist primarchs to kill another primarch, with out first being a demon prince.
    Questions about drop pods? Click Here.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Death From Above!
    Need help with your HQ? Click Here.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast