New way to play! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New way to play!

First off, my friend and I wern't high...atleast I don't think we were...:shifty:. Anywho, we were talking about playing a game to try out our lists. And we thought 'Why don't we play a game on paper?' You know? We each make a list, grab some dice, some graph paper. And play a game. Like each square on the graph paper is 6". And we use symbles and letters to represent modles. We haven't tryed it yet but we are planning on doing it soon.

Have anyone else ever thought of or tryed this before?

All religion, my friend is simply evolved out of fraud, greed, imagination and poetry.
    - Edgar Allen Poe

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x2)

I think the main problem with that would be that on graph paper you would be able to tell range without measuring, which is a big no-no in the rules.

However, as a way to try a new army before you bought models, or as a way to playtest some lists against yourself, or try new tactics, it would not be such a bad idea.

It would also be a great way to fix some holes in your tactics. If you could re-create a game you played before and wanted to do some "what-if" scenarios.... What if I had moved here instead, or assaulted this squad instead, or had done this instead.

But I wouldn't use it as a way to actually play the game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i know people who were using papers when they started to play to make tactics and thing like that, they say it was working pretty great but i don't understand why... i don't belive them lol.

The funniest part of that is that one of them is an employee the local store where my friends and i play games, one of my friend wanted to play with a wood catapult he made(he play orc) and the employee said he didnt wanted to see that on the table(it wasnt painted yet) then he said that we should use paper, what the **** lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    168 (x5)

I do this quite often, although I am ussually playing by myself, against myself on not paper by drawing the circles and guestimating range and basing it off of mathhammer Although it isn't as fun or accurate, I can get off a complete game in under 20 minutes once I memorize the basic math for the guns and come up with the lists. It is a good way to test out strategies or lists without having to play a long game.

Quote Originally Posted by The Paint Monkey
    I can't offer anything new here but I just laughed my arse off that LO has an Irish accent.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    117 (x6)

It works if you draw it to a scale. That way you can still measure distances etc.

Firstly figure out what will fit on your paper. If a gaming board is 4' x 6', get a big piece of paper and draw the board out at 48cm x 72cm.
    Now you have a scale of 1cm = 1 inch... so measure up your units.. infantry bases are about an inch. so theyd be drawn at 1cm on paper. Likewise with tanks etc..

Then when you're playing, if, for example, a weapon can shoot 24", you can measure 24cm.
    Rather than guessing which really doesnt work.

Thats just 1 scale example, you can use whatever scale you like, even 5mm = 1inch.. or whatever.

Cheers
    Dark Elves - Game #28 vs High Elves: Draw
    W L D
    21 5 5

+ Reply to Thread