what wf phase is it most imortant to be strong in? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Member Slann Mage Priest Ixibain's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what wf phase is it most imortant to be strong in?

What warhammer fantasy phase do people think is the most important to be strong in. personally i think movement or magic. I will add a poll to this if someone tells me how as i am new.

Slann Mage Priest Ixibain

The Slann Are Unstopable!!!
    (\_/)
    (0.0)
    (><)This is Bunny. Copy Bunny and this message into your signature to help him on his way to world Domination!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    523 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Slann Mage Priest Ixibain View Post
    What warhammer fantasy phase do people think is the most important to be strong in. personally i think movement or magic. I will add a poll to this if someone tells me how as i am new.

Slann Mage Priest Ixibain
    Not sure how you would do it now, but when you start a thread there is an option you can tick underneath the submit button which lets you make a poll.

I think all the four phases are very important. If you want to have a good army then you must make sure that you are strong in at least two of them =)

Ciao

Stonehambey

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    41 (x3)

Games are won in combat generally so you need to be able to stand up in a fight, and you also need to be good at the manouvering to gte into combat so movement is essential.

Magic and shooting are useful but don't tend to do enough damage to make you win a game on their own, they more soften the oppostion up to weight combat in your favour.
    Helper monkey, bring me beer and donuts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

generally you have to be good in all phases to have a perfect army but generally close combat and movement are quite important as Lurch said. thre are some exceptions depending on the army (HE sea guard, lizards with lord croak ect.)

brendino the hun
    BOW TO ME!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Movement movement movement. Whilst I agree that in a perfect army all four will be nodded to, and two should be concentrated on, I would argue that movement is the key to warhammer.
    Let me expand:
    Shooting - the only time dominance in this phase wins a game is when you have a gunline. And lets face it, thats not a fun army to play with or against. Plus, a clever opponent will neutralise your effectiveness with MOVEMENT. Sure shooting has its place, but game wining it is not.
    Magic - Again, even in the magic heavy armies, its just too unpredictable and counter-able to win you the game per se. In the end, there are a few spells which are said to be strongest, and those are... MOVEMENT spells. I don't casre if you throw that fire ball at me or turn into a bear. As soon as you start giving your units an extra charge or make my unit go wondering over to the other flank I'm going to start the weeping.
    Combat - Arguably the second most important phase, but still second to movemnet IMO. I once faced a kid with a 12 strong black knight unit with a massive blood dragon lord at the front. Strong combat, no argument. It didn't matter though when, through triksy movemnet and baiting, I hit him in the flank with a weaker unit. Needless to say it wasn't pretty. He kept telling me how he would have wiped the floor with me if the Lord had gotten into combat. I didn't disagree with him, thats exactly why I wasn't going to let him GET into combat.
    Theres my opinion. Anyone can read forums and create an uber magic/shooty/combat army, but the use of it, when you hit, where you hit, with who you hit is all decided by movement.

P.S I'd also say that deployment should be a phase in itself - if I had a squirrel for every game I'd lost because I'm rubbish at deployment... well I'd have a massive bucket of squirrels.
    Theres nothing false about this monkey. I'm simian through and through.

My Nipponese Dogs of War Army:
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...ad.php?t=93112

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

+ Reply to Thread