What's mine is yours - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Son of LO
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    523 (x8)

What's mine is yours

Got this idea for a thread from another thread in this forum.

I have a local gaming club, but a lot of my games are against two people. Two good friends of mine. Although we buy models towards our respective armies, it's never really been a "my army against yours" sort of thing. For example, I have a LM, Dwarf and Skaven force. My friend has Brets, Khemri and HE. Another has a chaos force. When we decide to play a game and say "so which army do you want to be?" it's a choice of all of those armies. So I could be any of my friend's armies, and he could be any of mine.

We get to know a lot about using different armies, and it makes for a lot more variety in our games.

I've known these guys for ten years, and pretty much trust them with my life, so I'm never worried about my models being mistreated, lost etc.

Overall I think it's a really nice situation to be in, as I find some people can take the game a little too seriously at times. We all have fun, have a laugh, go to the pub afterwards (or sometimes before) and it generally makes for an enjoyable experience.

I wondered if anyone else had any similar setups?

Ciao

Stonehambey

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    46 (x2)

Our gaming club (which has onyl been open one week) allows anyone to play with any army. Or at least they let me; maybe because I didn't have an army, but I assume they would otherwise.

The embarassing thing was...he had Thousand Sons and nearly all their heads fell off when I picked them up. Can't blame me though!! They weren't sticking on very well, it wasn't just me. Still embarassing though.
    AGLOCO - Earn money by browsing the internet!

Quote Originally Posted by Krevzi and Me
    Warhammer is like crack. But more expensive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karmoon View Post
    Learn parasite, that us Chaos players like to have our cake and eat it. In fact, we particularly like stealing the poor necrons' cake and eating that too, because they're too slow.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

790 (x8)

Wow.. it's like wife swapping or something... or maybe not...

It'll be cool, but it requires a huge amount of trust I guess. Do you trust your mates to respect your models as much as they respect their own?

If the answer's yes, then you can enjoy a very liberating experience.

It's great if you're having difficulty against a certain race also. You play AS that race, and you'll soon see what you can and can't do. Empathy and all that jazz.

Right... let's get's swapping!
    LO Rules

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Anyone who's as loyal and motivated to doing what they love as you are is respectable in my book
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyric
    I'm taking leave of my senses and shall be out of my mind until further notice.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

It's kind of like being a swinger, only with your models.

Ahem...

I have a couple of friends I could do that with, and almost everyone is willing to let new players try out one of their armies. Anything we can do to suck in new players is a good thing.

Except for kids. I don't let kids touch my Wood Elves because they're too well painted.

The vampires, dwarfs, and ogres I don't mind because only the first are even painted.
    Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    425 (x7)

One army at a time is enough for me! I know nids like the back of my hand but having just started eldar they are a mystery to me still and its taking all my efforts to get to grips with them. Trying to learn 4 or 5 armies at once would just be impossable to acheive more than a elementary understanding.

+ Reply to Thread