Important Tournament question - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Important Tournament question

I'm just working on finishing my thousand sons army ready for the Tasmanian State Tournament. The Things you get points on are battle points, sportsmanship, composition, painting. You also get points on Army selection. What does this mean and hows does the points for it work.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what that means (at least for a rogue trader tournament that i've gone to) is that your army composition makes since fluffwise.

like an all infintrary infiltrating imperial guard list with three basilks. or something similar. it just means that if you look at the army and ask your self 'wtf?'

the points break down 6 for good army comp that makes sence and has a good theme. 3 for decent, some weird choices. and 0 for a totaly unfriendly composition or min max type stuff.
    "Moral Victory! the enemy ran away at the sight of my roting, spikey, diseased, awesomeness... wait.. what?" ~ Theyak

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    476 (x8)

The tournament should have made available exactly what their composition score means. I'd suggest contacting the organiser - they should be able to tell you what you need to know.

Having an army and not owning a rulebook is like owning a car with no steering wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by amishcellphone
    <3 rork. He does all the arguing so I don't have to.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    385 (x8)

Usually "composition" scores are based upon percentages of each element of your force.
    for example: is the troops section at least 45&#37; of the force in points, are there no other element that represents more than 25 to 35%.
    These guidelines are set up to try to discourage people from bringing an army like: 9 obliterator, 4 heavy, 1 tooled out prince, and two 5-CSM squads. Not that it would be a "good" list, but it certainly would be annoying to play against.

As Rork mentioned, those scores and guidelines are usually published ahead of time on a website for the event, or they should be made available at request.

Hope this helps.
    W/D/L Eleventy trillion billion/NONE/ NONE - I am STILL rulezor!
    WINDMILLS DO NOT WORK THAT WAY!

+ Reply to Thread