What do you think has been the best and worst points for value boxset. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What do you think has been the best and worst points for value boxset.

Basically I want answers to the title question. I think the best are probably the brettonian, skaven and lizardmen battalions while the worst is probably the empire state troops. Also have there been any good or bad deals you have had with stockists or online.

Coffee, the greatest liquid on Earth. (Except possibly blood which I can not do without)

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    255 (x6)

Skaven has to be the best, it is an amazing deal. I have a friend who plays skaven and he bought 2 box sets just because they are so worth it. Ogres have a good box set too. And wood elves are good. As for the worst value....um any starter set is pretty much a joke.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My friend bought 3 skaven sets the army book and a couple of metal models voila instant clan pestilens army
    Coffee, the greatest liquid on Earth. (Except possibly blood which I can not do without)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    238 (x6)

From what I gather the Ogre batallion is one of the best Batallion size sets. Generally the mega forces, both 40k and the new FB ones are really good value too, better than virtually all batallions/battle forces. The more you pay the more you save!
    Thou shalt remember:
    Warhammer Fantasy armies do NOT have Codices. They have Army Books.

LINK - Guitarists of LO Group

Slave to the flesh The_Outsider's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

251 (x8)

40k-

Best: Necrons, the boxset alone can net you nearly 600 points on its own and you don't need special weapons/ squad leaders to be good to go (though you do need a lord).

worst: Probably orks, not enough boyz at all and the bikers are a bit useless in such low numbers.

+ Reply to Thread