GW & Polls Q - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: GW & Polls Q

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

GW & Polls Q

First, im kind of new to 40k. I ahve been playing for almost a year now, but am starting to be concerned with how fast GW changes editions as i shop around for another army. HOw often do they release new editions? And how many armys are left to be "upgraded"to the 4th edition.

Another concern is that i was wondering how to create a poll...

I will appreciate any responses

-Do not regret what you cannot change

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    525 (x8)

GW don't release new editions very often. Remeber that 40k has been around since 88 (If I remember correctly) and has only seen four incarnations (unlike games like Confrontation that have been updated 3 times since 97).

4th edition came 2004, 3rd edition 1998 and the 2nd 1993 so there's a time gap of around 5-6 years between each edition.

The currently released armies that have been updated for 4th ed is:

Space Marines
    Black Templars
    Dark Angels
    Tyranids
    Tau
    Eldar

That leaves 7 armies to updated and at least 2 SM chapters (Blood Angles and Space Wolves).
    So you shouldn't wory about GW updating your army before you have gotten a new one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    27 (x1)

Camel covered it pretty well. Generally an edition of Warhammer 40k will be around for 6-7 years, so you've still got a good 3-4 years left in your current rule book.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    55 (x2)

Its also worth pointing out that the last change from 3rd to 4th was small and delibrately done so your 3rd edition army wasn't made obsolete. The 3rd edition codexs can be used in 4th edition. I imagine they will try and keep that way after the next edition.

As for polls, sorry I don't know, never tried. Welcome to 40K by the way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    106 (x6)

No worries with going obsolete

You really don't have to worry about the army you play going obsolete as usually by the time the even come close to considering a new gaming system its 5 years down the line and only a few times over the years have armies actually been put out of production but they are still able to be played IE Chaos Dwarves and Squats if you actually have them.

As for polls when you create the post look for the create a poll tab then you can add the question and add the answers. Hope this helps.
    40K-Beakies(9-14-4),Guard(4-7-2),Orks(34-12-11). FANTASY-Dwarves(15-6-7),Beasts (14-14-1), Skaven (17-17-10) DoC (6-1-2). CYGNAR (28-15-1)

+ Reply to Thread