Your best moment in warhammer 40k/Fantasy - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    77 (x1)

Your best moment in warhammer 40k/Fantasy

Hey guys,

I love this hobby, it adds so much more variety than just playing computer games or sport. It has painting, playing, interaction with all kinds of people, story writing, converting - the list goes on.

I was just wondering what everyones favorite moment in Warhammer is, the hobby is lots of fun so surely you have at least 1 to share

Mine happened recently.

I was playing a big game in Fantasy Battles. Wood Elves and Dark Elves VS Chaos and Orcs.

Before the game i said to the guys we we're playing against, "don't go into the forest, i will hurt you. just a friendly warning."

Turn 1 - 25 orcs move into forest (other things happen too but that is the main one)
    Magic Phase - Tree singing on the Orcs, killed 6 orcs. Panic test insued
    Orcs run causing a unit of wolf riders to run
    causing a unit of spider riders to run
    causing 12 chaos chosen warriors to run
    All off the board

It made me laugh.

anyway, please share your best moments from any part of this great hobby we call Warhammer, it could be some weird crab monster you created (you know who I'm talkin' about) or your greatest victory/loss

Last edited by Tossy; April 26th, 2007 at 13:29.
    Wash: This landing is gonna get pretty interesting.
    Mal: Define "interesting".
    Wash: [deadpan] Oh God, oh God, we're all going to die?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Now 17% more helpful gingerninja's Avatar
    In the ninja lab.......of course it exists!!!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    262 (x7)

I have several, but my favourite comes from the storm of chaos campaign. My 2000pt Sea Guard army vs a normal Skaven army. Pre game shooting phase is devistating enough, with a 105 hits and 65 wounds, resulting in 43 casualties.

Then my first turn causes a panic sweep through the army. The game was over by turn two....

:ninja: out
    New LOChat functions now avaliable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheredanine View Post
    Dr Gingerninjas therapy room for kids with a poor grasp of both english and Warhammer, please take a ticket from nurse deciever

Need a list designed for any Fantasy army: Click Here

The Allmighty Chaos Boots Process's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    106 (x3)

Latd vs 1k undecided

well it was a pretty straight forward 1750pts game of clense. 2 things stand out though.

first my defiler survived 1 multimelta hit, 9 autocannon hits, 3 lascannon hits and a powerfist in the face and absolutly nothing happened to it. it was a basic defiler with indirect standing behind some cover...

the other thing was that my khorne statured prince killed 7 terminators and 8 marines before kicking the bucket. it was my 4 th game ever and the first game i actually won.

I ahve to let my girlfriend roll more dice for me
    What is Aurora Prime?
    "behold, I am the flamer, the searing one, the combustion of all spontanious flash fires, I am process" BIG RED BUTTON!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    211 (x5)

Best i have ever done has to bea battle with empire vs empire a flanking charge with a detachment of 10 free company on a unit of 10 knights with a warrior priest running havoc on the flank of my army cause them to panic and flee off the table and won me the game in the end but only just it was 6th edtion rules so that i wont be able to pull that off anymore.

Another time was against a a khorne monster beastmen army vs empire on the 3rd turn all his monsters were up close and personal with my main units and i had a great cannon sitting on a hill and Was able to pull a shot of like this...
    the size of the units were in this ogre 4 oggies, 3 minos, 6 minos, 2 minos and 4 oggies
    Ogres - Khorne Minos - Khorne Minos - Khrone Minos - Ogres-------------------- Great Cannon i guess just enought and the rolled low enough to just clip the first ogre unit
    then the bounce came i luckly rolled a 10 so it hit all the units in total i killed 3 ogres, 5 minotaurs and a minotaur lord which was hiding in the front unit.

Then the hellblaster managed to wipe out the 2 small minos and a unit of ogres, I was so shocked to have killed that many monsters at once. Just a one timer i guess and thatas were my luck ends for battles.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

77 (x1)

If you have more than 1, tell. I want as many stories as i can get. As i said before, it dosn;t have to be about battles

The Allmighty Chaos Boots Process's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

106 (x3)

had a bloodthirster take 2 wounds in cc from powerfists and as teh dice were rolled one of his wings fell off. we decided it was combat damage... By Tzeentch they need to make plastic greater demons.
    What is Aurora Prime?
    "behold, I am the flamer, the searing one, the combustion of all spontanious flash fires, I am process" BIG RED BUTTON!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

77 (x1)

ha ha ha, that was like the time someone rolled the dice into my dryads. one of them came off his/her base.

we considered it taking a nap, (none of them dies so i had to use a base as a proxy for the rest of the game, lol)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    211 (x6)

Quote Originally Posted by Tossy View Post
    ha ha ha, that was like the time someone rolled the dice into my dryads. one of them came off his/her base.

we considered it taking a nap, (none of them dies so i had to use a base as a proxy for the rest of the game, lol)
    ok so i've got several, all in various battles:

1. i took off three wounds off of a wyvern with skinks in CC!

2. my opponent managed to roll a scatter for the rock lobber and it landed square on their own general's head!

3. wasted a ogre tyrant w/ 4 GW weilding ironguts, caused one wound, failed LD and got run down by my steggie

4. wasted about 600 points of units/characters in a multiplayer border patrol game, using 3 terradons, and they were worth 105 points!

things that went against me:

1. 2nd gen. slann BSB w/ 20 saurus got run down by three cavalry models in the rear

2. skink miscasted every turn and only suffered a killer of a headache

3. skink managed to somehow cast the comet spell, held onto it for three turns, and decimated MY army! enemy kills: one chaos warrior

4. against a dwarf player, we basically charged all our units into the same combat! and stayed there for the rest of the game, Bundle!!!

there are more but i just can't remember them all lol

-Kai-Itza-

Mau'Dib
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    53 (x1)

I think my favorite moment was getting a first turn charge with my tyranids against tau. They were all lined up right past the 24" away marker (he had advanced a unit or two of fire Warriors). Turn 1, hormies move 6, fleet 6, assault 12, wipe out the fire warriors, massacre into a second unit of fire warriors. (I think you get the idea) Everything was dead by the bottom of turn 3, when my genestealers got there to finish off the straglers.

Actually, I just remembered the best moment of all. I was playing against sisters, and had finally closed on them with a few battered units of genestealers. There was a 20 girl squad who rapid fired on me, killing all but 1 stealer (he was in synapse so we're all good). That one stealer charged, killed 2 sisters, made his armour save, I win combat. Sisters break (even with the crazy high leadership rerolling thing), I catch them, 1 stealer wipes out 20 sisters in 1 turn.
    ~2k of genestealery goodness
    ~1750points of terminator goodness

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

more witty remarks to come.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

106 (x6)

My favorite games

Fantasy
    -Played my Orcs and Goblins under the old list against a guy who was running a Chaos Undivided list with a heavy emphasis on Khorne. He ran straight at me... not the best call as I had a heavy warmachine and fanatic army. Needless to say lots of fanatics flew out hammering into his win decimating chaos warriors left and right, I landed a couple rocks on his units, and all around was giving him a pounding. He charges his lord and the exalted into a unit of Gobo's hoping to run through them and hit my general and LOST combat because I hit so many net shots he only did 2 wounds. I won and ran down the General and expensive character with a unit of Night Gobo's. He quit the game on turn 3 called my army non-sense and stormed out of the shop. I was given several handshakes and hugs as all in all I lost a few squigs as they exploded (last edition rules)

-A nail biter against a Black Templar player with my Badmoons. We were fighting for an objective which was a watch tower in the middle of the game which resulted in both armies in several assaults all over the watch tower. There were a few epic fights as we were literally in combat on turn 2 with the majority of the armies. My Warboss slammed the emperors champion into the ground only to be struck down by a Marshall. One of my mobs held out for 3 turns when down to 4 boys. Literally we had a dreadnaught vs 2 killa kan fight which results in the kans losing. The game came down to the last turn where his dreadnaught is standing on the objective. My 2 remaining tankbusta boys hit it with rokkits and it explodes ending the game in a draw as both of us have no scoring units left. We were both blown away by the game and it had to be on of both of our favorite games with both players feeling it was right to end in a draw. We replayed the next week and to another draw.

These two games were the only occassions in my life that after a 1 off game played around noon on a saturday that I just couldn't bring myself to actually play another game and that mentally I just felt completed spent.

Mordheim
    -I created a warband around the theme for Ruglad's armored orcs and rightfully arm the Orcs all with Crossbows, light armor, shield. The funny part is in our campaign they turned into lethal killers with the crossbows who were hard to kill when people finally closed on them to fight in combat. We played multi player campaigns and I twice outshot a elf player, and the dwarf players in our games.
    40K-Beakies(9-14-4),Guard(4-7-2),Orks(34-12-11). FANTASY-Dwarves(15-6-7),Beasts (14-14-1), Skaven (17-17-10) DoC (6-1-2). CYGNAR (28-15-1)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast