Your Most Fun Game Played? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    27 (x1)

Your Most Fun Scenario Played?

Hey guys, I'll get straight to the chase. In my local store we've been given the rare opportunity to come up with games that we want to play over the course of the next month. This is for the three main GW gaming systems. So I decided to come here to ask you guys what was the best game, especially crazy games, that you've played either in or out of a GW store.

The more crazy the better. So things like racing, jet bike joisting, cannon fight - that sort ofd thing. Please help me out here guys, we wanna have some great games this month!

Cheers

Von

Last edited by Von_Smallhousen; May 6th, 2007 at 19:33.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    27 (x1)

No replies? Wow, I would have thought a forum dedicated to this would have loads of cool games to play.

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    41 (x3)

one of the Christmas games we played at an old old wargames club did a cavalry game based on US cavalry called "F troop ain't coming home". There were 6 pubs dotted around the board and everyone had 5 cavalry models and had to visit every pub before returning to base. There were indians shooting at them and each playter could decide to fight each other as well. At each pub your troops have a beer, after the first they get straight back on their horses, but for every one above that it is -1 and you can't move on from the pub until you got back on your horse.

I would use goblins with short bows for the indians and let people pick 5 cavalry models to play with. It might be worth making it harder for some races, like brets should have more trouble getting back on their horse as they are wearing armour.
    Helper monkey, bring me beer and donuts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    27 (x1)

Thanks for the idea! Please help me out here guys! Any funny crazy game you'ver played, just let me know what it whas and how it played!

Cheers

Von

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    238 (x6)

I think I saw squig racing somewhere on the web once....

*wanders off looking for it*

Sorry I couldn't remember where I saw it. It seemed like a good idea though. I can just imagine having a lot of fun with some sort of squig hopper race.
    Thou shalt remember:
    Warhammer Fantasy armies do NOT have Codices. They have Army Books.

LINK - Guitarists of LO Group

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Charge of the light brigade is interesting, all cavalry army against all artillery army, obviously ignoring unit choice rules etc (dwarves or empire being the obvious choice). Against dwarves the game seemed to be less about covering the distance more about how many turns theyre likely to live! lol, although we had one game where a pair of organ guns blew up on the 1st shot, which was amusing.
    Last edited by Nachtjager; May 10th, 2007 at 19:25.
    aut viam inveniam aut faciam / I'll either find a way or make one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Probably the most enjoyable game I ever played would be a little difficult to recreate. When Starship Troopers was in the theaters, Galoob released a series of toys based on the movie. I bought up as many of the bugs as I could find and used GW's mutant and big bug creation systems from v3 to come up with some overpriced Tyranid equivalents for them. We then played a 1500 point battle against the Catachans in the jungle. Absolutely the most enjoyable game that I've ever played even if I did lose a very close battle. :yes:
    Yes, there are female marines and my Sunhawks will let you know in a major way.

Not all the Emperors Children turned coat. We will redeem our name.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    27 (x1)

lol! Nice ones. Keep um coming!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    539 (x8)

play wk40 type games in WHFB, like combat patrol or Kill team type of games.

or play bretonnia joust: linkie
    Got a "good" rumour from a GW staffer? Forget about it, LO'ers know more than any random GW shop staffer.
    Voor alle nederlanders:
    The Dutch Legion
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    41 (x3)

You could try an Alamo type last stand game. Have a few hundred points worth of troops in a fort and then have them horribly outnumbered, then see who can play the defender and last the most turns.
    Helper monkey, bring me beer and donuts

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast