GW staff lose Order by weight privelige - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

GW staff lose Order by weight privelige

Ok i just been informed that Gamesworskshop Staff have now lost there order Models by weight privelige and are only entitled to 50% off GW items. My question is...what do the staff think of this and what does this mean For the future of GW.

Obviusly GW is trying to cut costs, but will removing the ability for staff to order models allot more cheaply than us normal folks, considering there poor pay mean a higher turn over rate of staff ?

i would like a bit of feedback from staff or Ex staff about this development, Im wondering if this latest Move by GW is going to have any major implications on the hobby in general Considering allot of veteran Staff members may leave due to this change in policy.

Army of the heavens, my army waits in hell
    To battle on the earth, for all the souls who fell

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't get it. Are you saying that GW staff get the models for 50% less money when over a certain weight or something?
    A Tau Ethereal was thought to have been killed today by a Bloodthirster. However, many Tau were seen fleeing the scene and are considered suspects.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    147 (x5)

GW staff lose Order by weight privelige
    If Paul Sawyer was still working at GW, I bet he'd be pissed at losing the top spot.
    "It fits like clothes made out of wasps!"

King of Librarium's Tombs Phoenix's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

I used to work for GW, only for a short time though, unfortunately had to leave as i was going to uni.
    Anyway, they are stopping the order by weight to bring us in line with other countries, at the mo GW people get the weight discount only in england and one other country, everywhere else just has the 50% discount. Its just to bring things inline as employees in other countries are a bit miffed about if apparantly.
    This is just what i heard from a staff member at the store i used to work at by the way, but i doubt it has much to do with GW cutting costs, just bringing things in line

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phobos View Post
    If Paul Sawyer was still working at GW, I bet he'd be pissed at losing the top spot.
    LOL i nearly snarfed my drink when reading that Phobos.

To MisterDutch what i mean is GW staff could order and pay via the weight of there orders, so they cut the cost of packinging via just ordering the sprues and they allso got a major discount, an Example would be ordering a Space marine tactical squad would cost around £2 - £3 (not exact amount but an example) now staff would have to pay half price

Allot of people will read this and say....Wooah GW staff get 50% off but then you take into conisderation that they where entitled to a much bigger discount due to the order by weight policy it kinda looks like GW is tighting its belt cost wise...And thats what im wondering how staff feel about this.
    Army of the heavens, my army waits in hell
    To battle on the earth, for all the souls who fell

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the order by weight thing must have been a UK thing, over here the staffers got 80% off from the catalog, 60% off instore on models, blisters, etc, 10% off FW, BL, and cases i believe.

now its 50% across the board from what i understand

+ Reply to Thread