/fw asking for permission - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

View Poll Results: should there be a point level to fw availabilaty

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • 400-no ask 400+have to ask

10 26.32%
  • always have to ask

28 73.68%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

/fw asking for permission

i overall love fw models they are fantastic however i do have some problems with so of the rules for them the one that catches me the most is the fact that i have to ask permission to use the models i would like to hear your thaughts on this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What? It's a little hard to figure out what you want. Grammar and punctuation are your friends.

If you're asking about the opponent's permission, then yes it is required since FW models can be extremely powerful, enough to turn the tide of the battle. This is especially true if your enemy has no idea what's coming, and you just plop down a Baneblade and say 'Oh, by the way, I'm using this tank.'
    Lone Wolves (Space Wolves) - 2092 pts
    Hive Fleet Basilisk (Tyranids) - 1767 pts
    Chaos Fleet - 900 pts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Darksteel View Post
    What? It's a little hard to figure out what you want. Grammar and punctuation are your friends.

If you're asking about the opponent's permission, then yes it is required since FW models can be extremely powerful, enough to turn the tide of the battle. This is especially true if your enemy has no idea what's coming, and you just plop down a Baneblade and say 'Oh, by the way, I'm using this tank.'
    personally, i dont agree with having to ask your opponent to use forgeworld items, they make the game so much more diverse and enjoyable.
    Kerinst :
    "*sits back in his rocking chair, getting his pipe and whittling knife* ya know, in my day the Orks weren't laughed at, Mutated Fish were not an army, and the Eldar hadn't divided yet... *nods off*"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry if my grammers a little off i sometimes get so into it i dont pay attention.

but back on subject i dont think you should have to ask permission cause 9 times out of 10 your opponent will say no so in a way you just waisted a truck load of money on a model that eveyone says "its to good" well duuuu the forge world bloodthirster im getting is upwards of 200$ its kinda obveous hes going to be strong i think they should just buck up and take it like a man.

and if they dont like it so much shut up get your own and stop complaining.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bloodmain View Post
    Sorry if my grammers a little off i sometimes get so into it i dont pay attention.

but back on subject i dont think you should have to ask permission cause 9 times out of 10 your opponent will say no so in a way you just waisted a truck load of money on a model that eveyone says "its to good" well duuuu the forge world bloodthirster im getting is upwards of 200$ its kinda obveous hes going to be strong i think they should just buck up and take it like a man.

and if they dont like it so much shut up get your own and stop complaining.
    i fully agree, think about it, having to ask permission just ends up forcing people with forgeworld items to be excluded and without forge world models armies become very generic in my opinion. Lets take IG for example, if they were no forgeworld models available, lets face it, pretty much every IG player's army would look very similar, but with forgeworld it opens up so doors allowing for unique and customized armies, i know i wont come across another player with my specific IG army but i couldnt say the same if i only stuck to GW models.
    Kerinst :
    "*sits back in his rocking chair, getting his pipe and whittling knife* ya know, in my day the Orks weren't laughed at, Mutated Fish were not an army, and the Eldar hadn't divided yet... *nods off*"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And also im not saying you should compleatly catch you opponent off guard by a fw model but i dont think you should have to have you opponents full support on it honestly i think you should atleast tell them you are going to use a powerful model.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    32 (x1)

Sorry, I disagree strongly with the last couple of posters.

While no one in my group uses Forgeworld models, if they are as powerful as I hear, then they have the potential to unbalance the game. Chances are, then it's going to be not much fun to play a person that just plops down a Baneblade whenever, because they don't need permission. The opponent's army won't be able to deal with it, because most armies built by people are balanced for taking on regular Codex opponents, not Forgeworld opponents.

Having said that, if anyone in our group asked, we'd probably say yes, and give it a go. And if it turns out that it IS too powerful, then we might try to work around it, giving extra points to the opponent, or something of the sort.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i dunno silent i mean i just dont think its right that people have to consctrict their own armies to suit the will of others.
    Last edited by Nubblet; June 12th, 2007 at 04:35.
    Kerinst :

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by SilentTempest View Post
    Sorry, I disagree strongly with the last couple of posters.

While no one in my group uses Forgeworld models, if they are as powerful as I hear, then they have the potential to unbalance the game. Chances are, then it's going to be not much fun to play a person that just plops down a Baneblade whenever, because they don't need permission. The opponent's army won't be able to deal with it, because most armies built by people are balanced for taking on regular Codex opponents, not Forgeworld opponents.

Having said that, if anyone in our group asked, we'd probably say yes, and give it a go. And if it turns out that it IS too powerful, then we might try to work around it, giving extra points to the opponent, or something of the sort.
    Yes while they are powerful they can still be killed and the are very expensive points wise so in a smaller battle or even a say 2500 point one is takes a lot out of their army. Making it easier to focuse fire.
    Prey they don't take you alive

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well when i posted this i was mainly talking about a fw bloodthirter from what i know he is the most point heavy thing in 40k ever so if you honestly used him in a 1000 point game you shouldent have to ask cause you would only have 112 point left over so that you could pay for a single band of soldures to summen him if that. And then when he got there he would have to deal with all of the opponents models shooting the crap out of him so if he made it thrue the battle it would only be a hairs length from death.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast