Hey guys i need your advice - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey guys i need your advice

good morning all, its Nubblet and i desperately need your advice with a topic that involves gaming etiquette. So theres me and a few other immediate friends that play warhammer 40k and one issue we seem to have is that one of us tends to well, to put it bluntly, cheat. Whether it is lying about dice rolls, bending rules, or seriously misguiding the rest of us on the rules that apply to his own units in his army's codex he seems to cheat in just about every aspect of the game. Now the thing is, we're all (every single one of us) convinced he cheats theres no question about it, even the player that serves as his ally during a match tells the rest of us that he cheats once he leaves the room and the battle is over. Its gotten so bad that im going out today to buy his codex and later on i intend to buy the Imperial armor book that applies to his units. Now if he a was new player i'd completely understand because as a new player you could just honestly get the rules mixed up (i myself just started playing only a few months ago) but he's been playing with this army for well over 3 years now. Im getting fed up having my units which i have carefully painted constantly getting blown sky high by 3 year old units which arent even legal or primed.

The problem here is that, the guy is kind of our leader you could say, he's the one that often sets things up, knows most about 40k and he has been playing the longest so none of us want to confront him about it because we dont want to risk getting him angry and like many of you we dont like accusing friends of cheating. So, my friends i come to you asking for advice as to what to do about the situation?

Kerinst :
    "*sits back in his rocking chair, getting his pipe and whittling knife* ya know, in my day the Orks weren't laughed at, Mutated Fish were not an army, and the Eldar hadn't divided yet... *nods off*"

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

is Alpharius FabricatorGeneralMike's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    103 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Nubblet View Post
    good morning all, its Nubblet and i desperately need your advice with a topic that involves gaming etiquette. So theres me and a few other immediate friends that play warhammer 40k and one issue we seem to have is that one of us tends to well, to put it bluntly, cheat. Whether it is lying about dice rolls, bending rules, or seriously misguiding the rest of us on the rules that apply to his own units in his army's codex he seems to cheat in just about every aspect of the game. Now the thing is, we're all (every single one of us) convinced he cheats theres no question about it, even the player that serves as his ally during a match tells the rest of us that he cheats once he leaves the room and the battle is over. Its gotten so bad that im going out today to buy his codex and later on i intend to buy the Imperial armor book that applies to his units. Now if he a was new player i'd completely understand because as a new player you could just honestly get the rules mixed up (i myself just started playing only a few months ago) but he's been playing with this army for well over 3 years now. Im getting fed up having my units which i have carefully painted constantly getting blown sky high by 3 year old units which arent even legal or primed.

The problem here is that, the guy is kind of our leader you could say, he's the one that often sets things up, knows most about 40k and he has been playing the longest so none of us want to confront him about it because we dont want to risk getting him angry and like many of you we dont like accusing friends of cheating. So, my friends i come to you asking for advice as to what to do about the situation?
    Well, I guess it boils down to what do you want out of a game? OK, other then rumours and second-hand talk, has he been proven to be a outright cheat? There are alot of things that are considered --beardy-- that are not out right cheating.

If said person is a cheat....so what. Does it disrupt the flow of the game? Does it take away from the experience? Basically is it disrupting the flow of your gameing group.

If it is I would nominate him for the Hobgoblin sneeky-git award ( and nobody likes a sneeky-git do they?) and confront him about this. Sit down with him maybe while playing a videogame or in some non-threatning place and just tell him everything that you have told us. See what he has to say. If it just dances around the issue or blaently denies doing said beardy actions tell him that you think he should be nominaited for a Sneeky-git award.

If all of you feel this way then maybe its time for someone else to buck up and become 'leader' of the group. And really if after a few months you can take the time to paint up your models and he can't after three years, he isn't much of a leader now is he. A good leader leads by example not the old addiage ' do as I say not as I do.'

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

no no he's been caught on many occasions, he just really likes to win, and he always does for obvious reasons.
    Kerinst :
    "*sits back in his rocking chair, getting his pipe and whittling knife* ya know, in my day the Orks weren't laughed at, Mutated Fish were not an army, and the Eldar hadn't divided yet... *nods off*"

King of Librarium's Tombs Phoenix's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

just dont play with him, simple as that. if he is there, just say you dont want to game. you and your other mates set up your own gaming club.
    Also, dont go out and waste your money buying his rulebooks, either ask to see the rules in his, and if he doesnt back down, play on regardless, like if he says ''you have taken 5 wounds, take 5 armour saves'' and you know he only rolled 3 wounds, then only take 3 saves, and remove up to 3 models. if he insists you take two more, dont! if he then rolls for you or tries to remove your models, you have the right to tell him not to touch your stuff! and play on ignoring him. it really annoys cheaters, best way to get around them ive found.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    189 (x8)

I agree with Deceiver, give it to him staright, if he's doing is that way then he deserves it good pull to the ears.
    Also if he no longer sets up stuff for you guys then select a new guy for it, you'll have the hang of that in notime.
    Also why should you buy his books so check things out if he says something you don't believe them you tell him to provide the evidence for it.

King of France techmarine Rannon Zriker's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tell him if he doesn't straighten his act up, everyone will steal his models and burn them!

oh yeah thats right, BURN them

that should work...
    Create flames for a galaxy and it will be warm. Put a galaxy in flames and it will be warm for the rest of it's existence.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd confront him. We had a guy like that in our gaming group, but eventually we got sick of it and told him to clean up or clear out. Now, years later, we can all enjoy a game that goes straight as an arrow :)

On that note, I'd like to recommend that you do NOT confront him when you are already angry or frustrated. If you do that, you're just asking for an argument to escalate and put serious strain on your relationship. Make sure you all stay calm and rational throughout the entire process, and once a settlement has been reached, make sure to prove that you're still his friend by playing a nice game of 40k :)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks for the input guys i really appreciate it, actually i went out and bought his codex for myself and i think i made the right decision because i'm learning a lot through the codex (at the rate im going i'll know more off hand than he himself will) and this way if tries to pull a fast one i can tell him he's wrong and have proof to support my assertion plus we can avoid a full blown confrontation this way. Now that i have his codex i see how much he cheated, he really pulled a lot of things off that were simply incredible ; ;. That and i'll also be hovering over him every time he rolls his dice to prevent him lying about dice rolls.
    Kerinst :

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    48 (x1)

Personally I think your asking for trouble with your rout. Your just going to make him mad by using this “I caught you in the act see see". He will deny it and then begin to argue or maybe physically fight with you, or he will play dump and try to explain it to how he feels he read it. I would go with the advice from the above users.
    If you do things right people wont be sure if you have done anything at all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If his army was painted, I'd advise bringing a can of spray paint. When he cheats, whip it out and spray he unit that cheated. That would bug him to no end. But you would just be doing him a favor in this circumstance.

Bring a mallet, when he cheats, smash the units that cheated. If he comes after you, you have a weapon. >: )

(LO probably does not advocate violence in any way).:ninja:
    Turtles For the Turtle God!
    Shells For the Shell Throne!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast