2500 point Land Raider list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    511 (x8)

2500 point Land Raider list

I've been toying around with the idea for a list. I was wondering what everyone thought. Would it be viable in a tournament setting?

HQ

Brother Captain w/psychic hood, null rod, 4 terminator retinue w/thunder hammers and storm shields (in empty land raider) [285]

Brother Captain w/null rod, 4 terminator retinue w/thunder hammers and storm shields (in empty land raider) [265]

ELITE

Inquisitor w/land raider [270]

TROOP

5 Inquisitorial Storm Troopers w/2 melta (in land raider w/inquisitor) [70]

IG Platoon:
    Command squad w/powerfist, 4 flamers (in empty land raider) [65]
    10 Guardsmen w/flamer (in land raider w/inquisitor) [55]
    10 Guardsmen w/grenade launcher, auto-cannon [65]

HEAVY

Land Raider [250]

Land Raider [250]

Land Raider [250]

Everything hops in a land raider besides two units of guard (for objective grabbing and long range shooting), and everything else moves up the board, blasting away, until the terminators are within range for close combat.

How's it look? I could always drop the null rods and powerfist to give the inquisitors something more (right now they're just supplying a land raider).

What do you think?

"Any job worth doing, is worth doing with a powerklaw."
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru.../mynameisgrax/

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    107 (x6)

Sadly, only an Inquisitor LORD can have a Land Raider as a transport option, not the elites.

I've thought about it before and I think the MAX Landraiders we can have is 4 because I don't think the WH Inq Lord gets one as a transport.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    511 (x8)

Really? Bummer. I have the codex, but must have missed that part. I swear it said you could take a land raider. I'll have to rethink the list then. Thank you!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

im pretty sure its ok for the elite inquisitor to have a land raider, it says in their entry, "may take 0-6 henchmen (see the inquisitors retinue on page 22)", and on that page in the retinue box it says "if the inquisitor has a retinue and he and his unit number 10 models or less they may be mounted in a rhino, land raider or chimera"

so from this i would assume he would be allowed a transport, i may just be reading this wrong tho

jy2
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

797 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by mynameisgrax View Post
    I've been toying around with the idea for a list. I was wondering what everyone thought. Would it be viable in a tournament setting?

HQ

Brother Captain w/psychic hood, null rod, 4 terminator retinue w/thunder hammers and storm shields (in empty land raider) [285]

Brother Captain w/null rod, 4 terminator retinue w/thunder hammers and storm shields (in empty land raider) [265]
    Illegal. You may only have 0-1 GK hero. You need to either move 1 of them into an elite slot or take 1 GK hero and Captain Brother Stern. I'd get rid of the null rods and add incinerators to my termies, especially if they're going to be inside LR's.

ELITE

Illegal. The Inquisitors need to have a retinue in order to take a LR as a dedicated transport. If you do so, you will not be able to attach your IST's to them.

TROOP

Need to give them their own rhinos or steal 2 chimeras from your IG platoon. You cannot attach them to your Inq's if they have retinues.

IG Platoon:
    Command squad w/powerfist, 4 flamers (in empty land raider) [65]
    10 Guardsmen w/flamer (in land raider w/inquisitor) [55]
    I would dump the Pfist on the commander. He won't survive the enemy's assault to even get a hit in. I would also trade one of the flamers for a heavy flamer if you can afford it. I'd stick with GL's and autos on all your infantry squads.

HEAVY

Land Raider [250]

Land Raider [250]

Land Raider [250]
    Good.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

511 (x8)

My codex is in the car, so I'll have to check tomorrow. I haven't played Daemonhunters in a while, and never at this point level, so I forgot that the gk heroes were 0-1.

I don't remember seeing anything that said the Inquisitors needed a retinue in order to take a land raider, and I've seen lists online with them taking the land raider without the retinue. I'll check it tomorrow to be sure.

Thanks for the help!

jy2
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

797 (x8)

I'll just use theonetyrant's quote and highlight it for easy reference.

Quote Originally Posted by theonetyrant View Post
    im pretty sure its ok for the elite inquisitor to have a land raider, it says in their entry, "may take 0-6 henchmen (see the inquisitors retinue on page 22)", and on that page in the retinue box it says "if the inquisitor has a retinue and he and his unit number 10 models or less they may be mounted in a rhino, land raider or chimera"

so from this i would assume he would be allowed a transport, i may just be reading this wrong tho

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    107 (x6)

It's terrifying knowing that DH can take 7 Land Raiders...

Inq Lord, Inqx3, HSx3. 8 if the WH inq lord can take one, but my codex is out in the car as well. Mind you, 8 LRs cost 2000 points BEFORE the Inqs, which would be almost 200 pts if you took the minimal amount of mystics (they're the cheapest, but I'd use them anyway xD). You'll probably be able to pull compulsory in a 2500pt game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    29 (x2)

A WH Inquisitor Lord may indeed take a land raider as a dedicated transport.

Happy days
    Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares, your a mile away and you have his shoes!!

Chuck Norris invented water