Librarium Online Forums banner

High Elves 2000 pts.

787 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  CaptainSarathai 
#1 ·
Well I used this list last night againist Orge Kingdoms at the nearby GW and i lost by 239 points.It was a good game dont get me wrong but i kept miscasting.Well here is the list.

Cheers!

Prince
Heavy Armor
Shield
Swordmaster Honour
Radiant Gem of Hoeth
Silver Wand

(thinking of refitting him with different stuff)

Korhil,Hunter Captain of the White Lions

(look his stats up on GW site)

Mage
Level 2
Ring of Fury
Jewel of Dusk

Mage
Level 2
Annuilian Crystal
Channeler

10 Archers

15 Spearmen
Full Command

8 Silver Helms
Full Command

15 Swordmasters
Full Command

15 White Lions
Full Command

2 Repeater Bolt Throwers

See less See more
#3 ·
Agreed. Aim for 20 minimum for Spearmen. 25 is ideal. & shoot for 18 with Elite troops, and take the Warbanner if able to.

2 Level 2's is fairly ineffective at 2000pts and probably isnt worth the cost. I would either take more magic to make it worth it, or just drop them for a Scroll caddy & another Hero for more combat prowess.
This would also pay for the extra troops.

Silver helm unit is a bit big. Go for 6 maximum in 1 row. & I would probably drop the Standard bearer since they will mostly be flanking whatever the infantry are fighting.

Cheers

#4 ·
I agree with most of what Manu Forti said,

Aim for 20 minimum for Spearmen. 25 is ideal.
With high elven infantry this is not the case. Because they can fight in 3 ranks with spears you should be aiming instead for 18, 24 or 30!!

24 being optimal.

As ranks of 6 maximise the amount of men in base contact during combat. This means that forgoing too many casualties you will have a starting amount of 18 attacks when charged.

Regards

#6 ·
Too many characters. Drop Korhil, and follow the advise for the mages- either drop them or refit them.
Give that prince the Lion Gaurd honor, intead of the Swordmaster honor. This will make one of your units stubborn. And after you decide on what to do with the mages, you can drop that Annulian Crystal and Silver Wand and give him the Tome of Battle. This will help the rest of the army stay around longer too.
The archers are useless against the ogres. Ditch them. theres more points for you to use on REAL ogre killers! As for the spears- make them bigger. Use a War Banner and champion unless you plan on putting your Stubborn man here.
As for the Lions and the Swordmasters, drop the Lions. They aren't of any use to you. Their greatweapons strike last, and they have practically no armor to speak of. There's more points- to make the Swordmaster unit bigger.
Also, add two more Silver Helms, split the unit into two units of 5, with a champion in each. These are your flankers, they can cover both units if things get so bad that your SM and Spears are engaged in two different fights.
Your two RBTs are good. leave them in the list. Maybe add some eagles to march block, that way you can get off more shots with them before you find yourself in combat.

That's what I'd do to fix the list you've given us. However, against Ogres I'd prefer mobility and impact value, because in a straight fight ogres are far too damaging. With their impact hits, I'd hate to have them get the charge. If you have the ability to fight him with straight cavalry and your RBTs, that'd be the way to go.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.