High Elf (2000 points) Help! (please respond) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

High Elf (2000 points) Help! (please respond)

Hi this is my first post and i am new to this game so if i broke any rules please tell me. Also any help you can guve would be much apperciated. Please comment on ways to im prove this army. Rip it to shreds if you want.

Lords and Heroes
    Prince 225 pts.
    -Blade of Sea Gold
    -Helm of Fortune
    -Heavy Armor
    -Shield
    -Barded Steed
    Level 2 Mage 175 pts.
    -Seer
    -Jewel of the Dusk
    Level 2 Mage 180 pts.
    -Ring of Fury
    -Dispel Scroll
    Core-446
    10 Archers - 120
    25 Spearman - 275
    6 Silver Helms - 114
    Special-731
    18 Swordmasters of Hoeth - 238
    -full command
    5 Shadow Warriors - 75
    8 Dragon Princes of Caledor - 208
    Rare-250
    2 Repeater Bolt Throwers - 200
    Great Eagle - 50
    Total: 2007 I havent figured out a way to get the 7 points down so please help.

I was at first thinking theres no enough cav but I dont know

So.... What do you think?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

......... Anyone going to reply?:cry:....................................

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

{confused}{confused}{confused} Well i feel stupid.

Turns out i only have 1860 points total..... Dont bother replying unless you have ideas on what to use the points on sorry for wasting your time
    :blush::hmm::hmm::blush:

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    160 (x7)

another eagle would work great to march block, warmachine hunt or redirect attacks.
    I think you should split up the dragon princes (8 is to many to use effectively) 6 in a row is the most I would do.
    You could use another silver helm unit and even add another hero. Or build another spearman unit. The other thing that can be useful (as long as it's not overdone) is purchase some magic banners and such to make your mages or fighting units more effective.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks,

I've never understood banners and such but nothing I cant learn. i think I'll and another silver helms unit and get another eagle like you said.

Thanks agian

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Its not a bad army, with the spare points take another egale as suggested, and give the silver helms shields, heavy armour and full command if you havent already. Spear elves need fc, as do the dragon princes, and give them the banner of sorcery, finally, id advise giving the commander a horse (for extra armour) and stubborn and sticking him in the spearelves which will easily be able to hold the flank if you give them that immune to fear banner, as they will go in the centre and everything else will go on either its left or right.

Hope it helps, it is a nice army, but you NEED commands, for musicians if nothing else.

Benevolent Dictator CaptainSarathai's Avatar
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1480 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by High Elf Lord of Magic View Post
    Lords and Heroes
    Prince 225 pts.
    -Blade of Sea Gold
    -Helm of Fortune
    -Heavy Armor
    -Shield
    -Barded Steed
    NO!! don't use a prince like this. He's less than stellar at combat, and there's no way he's going to stand up in a fight without help. Better to spend these points on a Mage Lord.

Level 2 Mage 175 pts.
    -Seer
    -Jewel of the Dusk
    Level 2 Mage 180 pts.
    -Ring of Fury
    -Dispel Scroll
    wrong again my friend. This is good, but if you are going to use a mage, do not give him that ring. Seer, Channeler, Silver Wand. This will make him essentially a LVl 3 mage that gets to pick his spells instead of rolling them. This is far more powerful. Matched with a higher level mage, this mage will put you on the path to ruling the magic phase.
    Also, you'll want to add that commander in here. As you have an infatry force, you'll likely be trying to mantain a phalanx. Make your commander stubborn with the Lion Gaurd honor. Then heavy armor, and enchanted shield. That'll give him a 3+ save. Good enough for a commander on foot with a unit around him.

Core-446
    10 Archers - 120
    25 Spearman - 275
    6 Silver Helms - 114
    Drop the 10 archers, add a standard bearer and musician to the rest. Use 'First Among Equals' to give the spearmen the War Banner. Add 5 elves to this unit so that they are in 5 ranks of 6. This will make the extremely useful in close combat. Frontage 6 maximizes attacks.
    I like the 6 Silver Helms. But they do need shields, and barding. This will rate them amongst the best Heavy Cavalry in the game. Adding a second unit of these riders would not be a bad idea either.

Special-731
    18 Swordmasters of Hoeth - 238
    -full command
    5 Shadow Warriors - 75
    8 Dragon Princes of Caledor - 208
    I like this section too. However, you can should either add two Dragon Princes, or drop two dragon princes. In addition, give them a full command. Then they can have the Banner of Ellyrion, to make them alot more manueverable, and your champion can have the Tome of Battle. This item is excellent if you want to rush forward with your cavalry, or if you want to place your knights in the center to prepare a counter charge. Units near the unit with the Tome will get a leadership bonus.

Rare-250
    2 Repeater Bolt Throwers - 200
    Great Eagle - 50
    I like the two RBTs, but just like you can get 2RBTs for one choice, you can also get 2Eagles, and you should.

I like your list, it's pretty standard for an infantry-elf list. You seem to lean towards cavalry. Perhaps later you can talk to me when you want to go exlusive
    Pts Values for AoS here!

Nippon Armybook: Isuu, Scribd, and free at Google Docs

+ Reply to Thread