2000pt New Army Book - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2000pt New Army Book

Okay, I got my Army book on Saturday and I really like Tyrion and his new rules (plus his sizable points drop) so I decided to build my new High Elf Army around him, what do you guys think?

Prince Tyrion –

Mage – Level 2, Dispel Scroll and Ring of Corin, Chariot – 260

Dragon Mage – Level 2, Sacred Incense, Dispel Scroll – 435

10 Archers –

10 Archers –

5 Dragon Princes of Caledor – Standard, Champion, Amulet of Light, Lion Standard – 230

5 Silver Helms – Shields –

Lion Chariot -

Bolt Thrower –

Great Eagle –

Great Eagle –

Last edited by Skarsgard; November 5th, 2007 at 06:07. Reason: Points totals removed

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x2)

A little high in character. I know with the character all going up in points (except the special characters) it's hard to stay low but over 1000 points in characters in a 2000 point list makes the army really small. Tyrion looks really good. Only problem I have with him is that I am unsure about his mount. It's named so is it still a monsterous mount or does he just count as a steed? I mean if he counts as a monsterous mount one hit with a bow and you could be left mountless with him. Lance becomes much less usefull then and he will be slow. Just wondering.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tyrions mount is what makes him so good and useful compared to other characters now. Malhandir now only has one wound. According to the BRB you a monsterous mount has two or more wound, which classes Tyrions mount as a normal horse, which cannot be targetted, it's brillient!

I take what you are saying about the characters though, but it is sort of made up for by the dragon. I did think about a prince on a dragon and a dragon mage but then you a) miss out on all the good high magic,k b) don't get +1 to dispel. Maybe the Lv 2 could be a Lv 1 or somehting.

The idea of the list is for the dragon to cause terror tests/chew up small units/take up the bulk of enemy fire, whilst Tyrions unit kills off the main enemy hammer unit with the silver helms and the lion chariot in support. The Chariot mage also gives you another crucial US5 unit. The eagles, if used together can also give you the neccesary US5 for crossfire.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In general, I have to agree with Sylvester. I don't think Tyrion is the best choice for this army. You have very few units and are relying heavily on expensive characters to get the job done. That said, you can make this work you just need to ensure your oppenent doesn't outmaneuver and outplay you.

Some more minor suggestions:

- Swap the Ring of Corin for a Jewel of Dusk or Silver Wand. At 'one use only' it just isn't worth the investment for your army.

- If you take the Silver Wand, consider trading the Lion Standard for a Banner of Sorcery. You'll need to free up a couple points (perhaps from the DP champion), but it will make your magic phase a more serious threat.

- If you don't take the Silver Wand, I would swap the Lion Standard for a War Banner. You shouldn't be losing combats with your super unit and with a small army like this you will need to keep your momentum going. The War Banner can help you win combats and ensure breaks when you do.

- Sacred Incense is decent, but I'm not sold on it. The dragon is already t6, 5w and has a 5+ save so it should be able to take quite a lot of ballistic skill based shooting. However your mage is very vulnerable, especially to auto hit attacks like magic missiles, organ guns, salamanders as well as close combat attacks. Thus I would consider trading the Sacred Incense for a Guardian Phoenix.

+ Reply to Thread