2000-3000pts High elves (as cheap as I can) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    27 (x0)

2000-3000pts High elves (as cheap as I can)

I ain't been around for a while on the forums (mainly cus 40k was boring me to tears), but getting the new High elf book has brought me back into Fantasy, and I decided to make an army the easiest way I could think of, using 2 Battleforces as the core element to the force.

Archmage
    Lv-4
    2xDispel scrolls
    Silver Wand
    =310pts

Mage
    Lv-2
    Dispel Scroll
    Jewel of the dusk
    =170pts

Noble
    Battle standard bearer
    Dragon armour
    Enchanted Shield
    =126

Noble
    Armour of Caledor
    The Skeinsliver
    great weapon
    =118pts

10 archers
    Musician
    =115pts

10 archers
    Musician
    =115pts

20 Spearmen
    Full command
    =205pts

20 Spearmen
    Full command
    =205pts

6 Silver Helms
    Shields
    Full command
    =178pts

6 Silver Helms
    Shields
    Full command
    =178pts

2xBolt Throwers
    =200pts

1xGreat Eagle

=1995pts

and now the 1004pts to make the full 3000pts
    the plan is to make this additional 1000pts as mobile as I can, and 4 flying beasts and 3 chariots will hopefully be mobile enough, AND still hard hitting, the flyers can attack war machine crews and rears of units, while chariots concentrate on flanks

Dragon Mage of Caledor
    Lv-2
    Dispel scroll
    Staff of Solidity
    Talisman of Protection
    =435

3xLion Chariots of Chrace
    =420pts

3xGreat Eagles
    =150pts

I know I know, rather cut and paste to be sure, but units like swordmasters and dragon princes are just far too exspensive to use, not in points costs, but in money, so I just cannot afford to take a decent sized unit of them, plus there quite common really, so not using them could be a challenge

Last edited by Stella Cadente; November 15th, 2007 at 04:38.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks decent, particularly considering your restrictions. I'd definitely recommend getting your BSB a great weapon. You can still use hand weapon and enchanted shield if you feel you need it, but often you will be facing 1 attack, str3 models. In this case you really don't need the defense with a Strikes First, str6 BSB. Additionally, if you drop a pair of silver helms (making them units of 6) you could affort a Reaver Bow for the BSB. Since your list lacks the punch of the metal elites, the Reaver Bow will give you back some of the edge you need.

Your addons for 3,000pts look good. As you mention, your list does lack fast moving, hard hitters. You may want to try and rearange some things so you can squeeze a pair of eagles into your 2,000pt list.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x2)

I would drop the seerstaff for the silverwand - 20 points less and you get all but 1 spell from the lore you choose.

The only other thing I notice is that the 2000 point list is (other then the magic) very soft but the 3000 list is all of a sudden pretty hard core. A weird transition.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    27 (x0)

Quote Originally Posted by mikec View Post
    Looks decent, particularly considering your restrictions. I'd definitely recommend getting your BSB a great weapon. You can still use hand weapon and enchanted shield if you feel you need it, but often you will be facing 1 attack, str3 models. In this case you really don't need the defense with a Strikes First, str6 BSB.
    well my thinking was once deployed his position on the battlefield will keep him safe, as he'll be directly behind the spearmen and archers, and with cavalry of the flanks hopefully nothing will sneak around, so he should be quite safe from any close attacks, meaning he doesn't have to hit hard, his only worry is ranged things that require no LOS, thats why he has the higher save instead
    Additionally, if you drop a pair of silver helms (making them units of 6) you could affort a Reaver Bow for the BSB. Since your list lacks the punch of the metal elites, the Reaver Bow will give you back some of the edge you need.
    pretty much the same for this, his position on the field will limit his shooting, so its 40pts on something that will rarely if ever get a shot off
    Your addons for 3,000pts look good. As you mention, your list does lack fast moving, hard hitters. You may want to try and rearange some things so you can squeeze a pair of eagles into your 2,000pt list.
    I could swap a bolt thrower over with 2 eagles from the reinforcements, but only 1 bolt thrower in 2000pts seems a little weak, considering my strength is already limited
    OR I could lose 2 silver helms and buy at least 1 eagle with the spare points? I think that would be better

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvester View Post
    I would drop the seerstaff for the silverwand - 20 points less and you get all but 1 spell from the lore you choose.
    hmm true, I think I'll do that
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvester View Post
    The only other thing I notice is that the 2000 point list is (other then the magic) very soft but the 3000 list is all of a sudden pretty hard core. A weird transition.
    well I NEEDED a dragon mage, and the extras was the only way without reducing my numbers even further
    Last edited by Stella Cadente; November 15th, 2007 at 04:39.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x2)

it's not just the dragon mage. Look at your 2000 point list. very soft. I mean spears, silver helms and archers mostly. Then in your 3000 point game you add 3 lion chariots and the dragon mage. I would consider dropping a unit in the 2000 point list for 2 chariots and then in the 3000 point list you can add the unit back in along with the 3rd chariot and the dragon mage.

All I am saying is: 2000 no shock units - 3000 points 4 shock units

+ Reply to Thread