Librarium Online Forums banner

2000 points anti-orc

542 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Brother Mike 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hey all,now that i got the new army book im going to face a friend with orcs at 2k.I came up with this list and i think it is very anti-orcy.I use fear and fanatic baiting as well as shooting and shooting spells to pick them off and clean up wuts left.

Prince 236 pts.
additional hand weapon
Armor of the Gods
Radiant Gem of Hoeth

A crowd control set up with the gem to get shield of saphery just in case.

Caradyran

Fear is why i took him.Throw him with the white lions and you got a stubborn unit that causes fear!

Mage 185 pts.
Level 2
Ring of Fury
Silver Wand

Another crowd control character and hopefully roll fury of khaine for spells.;Y

Mage 175 pts.
Level 2
Annulian Crystal

A dispel character that will cast drain magic because my friend likes a lot of magic.

15 Spearmen 160 pts.
Full Command

Who didnt see this coming.

10 Archers

More a bodyguard for my mages than combat effective but an extra 10 shoots is nothing to sneeze at.

14 White Lions 240 pts.
Full Command

Like i said before caradyran goes here.

14 Phoenix Guard 240 pts.
Full Command

More fear causing units.

Lion Chariot

Fear

Lion Chariot

More fear

6 Shadow Warriors

Fanatic Baiting

Repeater Bolt Thrower

Crowd Control

There is my list please any advice or comments will be greatly appreciated.

Please don't post costs of units with no upgrades in future. GN out

See less See more
#2 ·
This looks like a really good starting list. I don't know your opponent, but do they like a lot of shooting? If so perhaps you have the best set up there already. If they don't, I would consider changing the Pheonix Guard or White Lions (As you have Caradryan) for a unit of Swordmasters.

I know you lose the fear causing, 4+ ward save, but you can dish out a lot more attacks at str 5, which will help against the Waaaagh Boys higher toughness. As you already cause fear in Goblins, it is only the Orcs you have to scare, and hitting on 3's and wounding on 3's should do that nicely!!

Apart from that, it looks very nice.

ninja out

#3 ·
Well i just got home from facing my orc friend and got a crushing victory,HUAYYYYYYYYY!No seriously that was the best battle ever.My list excelled were his failed.3 of his 4 fanatics out before the game started was VERY NICE and they never did anything to me.Fear and impact hits really won the game for me cause gobbos be very squshy.I lost 5 white lions,all spearmen 2 phoenix guard,a mage,and my repeater bolt thrower.It was a great battle,LONG LIVE THE ASUR!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.