2k Friendly, take all comers. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    172 (x7)

2k Friendly, take all comers.

Archmage
    Level 4
    Seerstaff of Saphery
    Ring of Fury
    Dispel Scroll

Mage
    Level 2
    Jewel of the Dusk
    Dispel Scroll

Noble
    Heavy Armor
    Great Weapon
    BSB "Banner of Sorcery"

19x Spearmen
    Standard, Musician

19x Spearmen
    Full Command

10x Archers

15x Swordmasters
    Full Command

5x Shadow Warriors

5x Ellyrian Reavers
    Spears

5x Dragon Princes
    Standard "Banner of Ellyrion"

Repeater Bolt Thrower

Repeater Bolt Thrower

-----------------------------------------------
    Total: 2,000 pts
    Power Dice: 10-12 + 1 Bound Spell
    Dispel Dice: 5 + 2 Scrolls

So, How does it look?

"I am the architect of fate!"

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Blood & Souls for Khaine! flameseeker574's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Demandred View Post
    Archmage
    Level 4
    Seerstaff of Saphery
    Ring of Fury
    Dispel Scroll

Mage
    Level 2
    Jewel of the Dusk
    Dispel Scroll

Noble
    Heavy Armor
    Great Weapon
    BSB "Banner of Sorcery"

19x Spearmen
    Standard, Musician

19x Spearmen
    Full Command

10x Archers

15x Swordmasters
    Full Command

5x Shadow Warriors

5x Ellyrian Reavers
    Spears

5x Dragon Princes
    Standard "Banner of Ellyrion"

Repeater Bolt Thrower

Repeater Bolt Thrower

Total: 2,000 pts
    Dispel Dice: 4 + 2 Scrolls

So, How does it look?
    i like it, the enemey has 2 fast cav units 2 worry about while the rest of the army closes in and the while the mages are blasting the foes with magic. It should do well.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    399 (x8)

L4 mage has 2 arcane items, seer staff and jewel of dusk.
    There are too many arcane items and I can't come up with a good mix for my mages.
    Otherwise fine

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

172 (x7)

err, my level 4 mage has an arcane item and an enchanted item..

my level 2 mage has the other arcane item. I'm not even really sure what you read to make that statement

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    399 (x8)

I swapped over the jewel of dusk and the ring of fury. I just mixed it up in my head sorry about that.
    I am surprised that I didn't comment that ring of fury and dispel scroll is too much for a L2 mage to take.

Long day and I was not concentrating.

You could drop the spearmen champion and give your BSB a shield. This will give him slightly better defense in case 3 s6 attacks isn't enough in a challenge.

Overall I really like it though, fast enough and quite numerous compared to some other lists.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

172 (x7)

Well thats good, I didn't want one of those 50 model armies with dragons that I have been seeing at 2k all over.

I kind of wish that I could have gotten more elite infantry in the list, doesn't feel like I have enough hard hitters, though I guess magic will help with that.

Benevolent Dictator CaptainSarathai's Avatar
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1480 (x8)

I like your list- magic heavy is the way to be.

However, if your tactic is to advance, you're wasting your time with those archers. 110 pts you could use elsewhere, with better effect. Maybe change the Spears to Seagaurd. Units of 21 Seagaurd deployed 7 across and 3 deep are VERY effective, offering 7 shots, or 28 S3 hits on a stand and shoot (you could always reform to the normal 5x4 +1 stance too)

The banner of Ellyrion is nice on the DPs, but it'd save you points to give THEM the Banner of Socery. You'll be able to line your charges up nicely enough without having to worry too much about terrain. Most battlefields are nice and open in the center (where Heavy Cavalry and juicy, point-heavy foes tends to operate)

If you plan on going defensively, and not moving forward very far- i'd swap the Ellyrion Reavers out for Eagles, or try to add in another unit of DPs. The Ellyrions will be shot and killed if they just wait around for flank chargers. The eagles would be better at silencing lone mages or warmachine crews. The DPs would make good flankers though. Maybe even Silver Helms if you're crunched for points or a Chariot would do VERY nicely for even less.
    I haven't used the new Shadow Warriors, and I've never liked them much anyways, so this might be biased, but perhaps you could drop them and take more elite infantry.

So I think your non-essentials are those Shadow Warirors, the Archers, and possibly a swap in the Ellyrions for eagles, cavalry or a chariot. That and maybe dropping that expensive BSB or atleast rearmoring him without the banner.

Lastly, remember- a dispel scroll is an ARCANE item, and is therefor limited just like any other arcane item. Sorry.

Good list though- this would be a nice friendly list on it's own. My suggestions will just give it more edge and efficiency for more competetive play. peace dude :happy:
    Pts Values for AoS here!

Nippon Armybook: Isuu, Scribd, and free at Google Docs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

172 (x7)

The Warhammer rulebook states that scrolls are unique in that they have no limit to the number that can be taken (following magic item allotments of course) and that they can still be taken if the character has a different arcane item.

Also with the great eagles, I kind of think they are a bit overrated honestly. I think that the shadow warriors can perform all of a GE's roles the same or better. Also, archers are still useful when it comes to shooting at enemy scouts, or light/fast cavalry. So I planned on having the archers near(ish) to the RBTs to support them or my infantry blocks.

The gaming store where I play normally plays closed lists. Obviously you know what the enemy is bringing units wise, but we keep magic items a mystery. So the DP's should pose a surprise by being able to ignore terrain (our tables are set up using a random system, so often there are several largish terrain pieces in the middle).

As for tactics I planned on advancing more than playing defensively. I still think the archers can be useful this way however since they have a rather long range. I also might stick my Archmage in them and use the Lore of Heavens to give him an unlimited range.

Benevolent Dictator CaptainSarathai's Avatar
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1480 (x8)

Ach- man, why do i keep making a fool of myself in YOUR threads? Oh well. Just noticed scrolls were that way, and was coming back to fix it (no joke, was stuck in a 2hr car ride and read the whole rulebook over. Even that was stupid, since I always doubled up on scrolls. See- told you: making a fool of myself.

Like I said- only worry about the eagles if you are playing defensively, otherwise the Ellyrions are great to cover an advance.
    I still do not like the archers. Think, at anything more than 15 inches away you are hitting on 4s, wounding on 4s or 5s, and the enemy still gets their save. That's not counting skirmishers, cover, moving, etc. These guys are coming in at 11pts a piece? And once you are in combat, you aren't going to get to use them for combat. Your RBTs should be okay for covering your attack- i'd gun for some more hard hitters on the line.
    The Banner of Ellyrion is alright with the advance. However, you could still save points by putting the Banner of Sorcery on your DPs. If that terrain is still going to slow down the infantry element of the attack- why have your cavalry, which is already twice as fast, blazing out ahead of the army. If you want to surprise your opponent, you could put the banner on one of your spearmen and designate it as a flanker.

As I said from the get-go, the list is sound as it is, these are just suggestions from a guy that's been here way too long for his own health.
    Pts Values for AoS here!

Nippon Armybook: Isuu, Scribd, and free at Google Docs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

172 (x7)

Here is the list with some slight revisions, which do you think is more effective?

Archmage
    Level 4
    Seerstaff of Saphery
    Ring of Fury
    Dispel Scroll

Mage
    Level 2
    Jewel of the Dusk
    Dispel Scroll

Noble
    Heavy Armor
    Great Weapon
    Sacred Incense
    BSB

20x Spearmen
    Full Command

20x Spearmen
    Full Command

10x Archers

14x Swordmasters
    Full Command
    Amulet of Light
    Banner of Sorcery

5x Ellyrian Reavers
    Spears

5x Dragon Princes
    Musician

Repeater Bolt Thrower

Repeater Bolt Thrower

Great Eagle

Total: 1,995 pts
    Dispel Dice: 5 + 2 Scrolls

So, How does it look compared to the prior list? As always any suggestions are appreciated.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast