2k offensive army of calledor - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2k offensive army of calledor

As an option to use as a change from my other HE army a very offensive calledoran army list comments/ advice greatfully recieved
    Archmage LvL4 seerstaff + ring of fury
    noble heavy armour, lance, elven steed, enchanted shield, reaver bow ( with the Ellyrian reavers)
    Noble BsB, heavy armour, lance, barded elven steed, dragonscale shield ( with the first unit of Dragon princes)
    2 x 10 Archers
    5 Dragon princes, musician, standard bearer and war banner 210
    6 Dragon princes , musician
    6 Dragon princes, musician
    6 dragon princes, musician
    5 Ellyrian reavers bows and spears
    3 great eagles
    should be 1999pts
    tactic obviously all out attack, the eagles to take out war machines or mages and the reavers with the noble and reaver bow to take out small missile units (handgunners and thunderers spring to mind) and marchblock, they can also provide a usefull flank charge with the noble in the unit. Archers as usual as mage bunker and target fast cavalry scouts and if necessary war machines

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Now 17% more helpful gingerninja's Avatar
    In the ninja lab.......of course it exists!!!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    262 (x7)

Personally I would prefer to have the Noble with the enchanted Shield and Reaver Bow on an eagle myself. It will give him slightly more maneuvrability, as well as freeing up the other unit of reevers not to be just a target for shooting.

I would also replace the dragonscale shield with the guardian pheonix on the BSB noble. A higher ward save would be useful for him. You could also give the unit the BSB is with the Banner of Ellyrion instead of the warbanner, as it will allow them to move into woods with ease, protecting them from shooting.

I hope this helps

ninja out
    New LOChat functions now avaliable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheredanine View Post
    Dr Gingerninjas therapy room for kids with a poor grasp of both english and Warhammer, please take a ticket from nurse deciever

Need a list designed for any Fantasy army: Click Here

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would swap Seerstaff for Silver Wand. You get 5 of the 6 spells of your lore.

Then I would give the BSB Helm of fortune and the Archmage Guardan Pheonix. You may need to drop one DP to do this.

I like the list and may try it myself. Good luck to you.

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    160 (x7)

Quote Originally Posted by aenar View Post
    As an option to use as a change from my other HE army a very offensive calledoran army list comments/ advice greatfully recieved
    Archmage LvL4 seerstaff + ring of fury
    noble heavy armour, lance, elven steed, enchanted shield, reaver bow ( with the Ellyrian reavers)
    Noble BsB, heavy armour, lance, barded elven steed, dragonscale shield ( with the first unit of Dragon princes)
    2 x 10 Archers
    5 Dragon princes, musician, standard bearer and war banner 210
    6 Dragon princes , musician
    6 Dragon princes, musician
    6 dragon princes, musician
    3 great eagles
    should be 1999pts
    tactic obviously all out attack, the eagles to take out war machines or mages and the reavers with the noble and reaver bow to take out small missile units (handgunners and thunderers spring to mind) and marchblock, they can also provide a usefull flank charge with the noble in the unit. Archers as usual as mage bunker and target fast cavalry scouts and if necessary war machines
    you need to remember that the noble w/bow can move like reavers, but he can't shoot like reavers (fast cav)

I agree that the dragonscale shield is bunk. Give him a ward save (Tek's gauntlets or guardian phoenix) that you'll actually have a chance of making. I would actually refit the one noble as a general (maybe you already had)

Caledor is spelled with one L (not that it matters that much:ballon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for all the advice the revised list reads thus
    archmage LvL4 ring of fury, silver wand, guardian phoenix 335pts
    noble, heavy armour, shield, lance, enchanted shield, reaver bow, great eagle 191pts
    noble, BsB, heavy armour, lance , sheild, helm of fortune, barded elven steed 159pts
    2 x 10 archers
    5 dragon princes musician and standard bearer + banner of ellyrion 205pts
    6 dragon princes + musician
    6 dragon princes + musician
    6 dragon prines + musician
    5 ellyrion reavers spears and bows
    5 ellyrion reavers spears and bows
    2 great eagles
    1990pts
    The eagle will give the noble greater manoverability and the banner of ellyrion more protection and the possibility of unexpected charges for the first unit of dragon princes and this unit already has a +2 combat resolution due to the two standards in the unit. The archmage and BsB were definitely underprotected in the original list.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With your extra points I think you can use the Gem of Courage with you Archmage or your BSB.

+ Reply to Thread