High Elf 1000 pts list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

High Elf 1000 pts list

Hi everyone

this is my first HE list after a 3 years pause with HE. So, taking into consideration that i will face, most of the times, dwarves, bretonnia and chaos, i would like to hear your thoughts about this list

Commander (Shield, HA, Great weapon and Temakador's gauntlets)

15 spearmen (musician and banner)

16 spearment (full command)

Lion chariot

15 White lions (full command)

Great Eagle

RBT

AS you can see, i'm not taking mages in 1000 pts games because they wont do a thing against dwarves. I didnt give a champion to that spearmen unit because i needed the points to get a great eagle8Y

Thanks in advance

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

personally, im not chrace person but the hard hitting power of both the lion chariot and the WL are incredible

you could throw korhl in there somewhere to make it more killy but other than that pretty sound with the list.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I also like this list, I also like a chracian theme. i aasume that you will be playing quite defesively most of the time., in which case especialy against bretonians your standards in small units of spearmen may give away unecessary points if and when they break. The chracian theme is almost ceratinly the way to go against high toughness/armoured foes like dwarfs, bretonia and chaos. good luck

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    160 (x7)

sorry, but korhil is not killy. He only has 3 attacks and no ward save. If he ever flubs on his attacks - he's going to die really quick. the only advantages of Korhil is stubborn 9 and that you can take an extra lion chariot. Chariots (esp. expensive LC's) are not a good idea in his game because 1 str 7 bolt thrower or cheap cannon will blow it apart. My only advice is that you may want to make the spearmen units a little bit smaller or make just one witha banner and the other for flanking (or just 1 with 20 - so you can get more WL). Split your WL into 2 groups, 1 with Noble to spread the targets out for the enemy, WL are tough but not that resistant to shooting.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First of all, i have reshaped my list. I thought that i had to field 2 core, so know i have something like this

Commander (Shield, HA, Great weapon and Temakador's gauntlets)

19 spearmen (full command)

5 Silver Helms (musician)

Lion chariot

15 White lions (full command)

Great Eagle

RBT

Both my main opponents (dwarf and bretonnia) use, in 1k games, 1 war machine (organ gun and trebuchet), 1 shooting unit (thunderers and bowman), 2 big units (ironbreakers and warriors; 2*knights of the realm) and 1 table-conquer squad (pegasus and miners).

My general idea is to move forward my eagle to attack the warmachines and then the shooters (well, perhaps i wont attack the bowmen...0. Against dwarvers im thinking in engage the ironbreakers with the WL, supported by the SH and the warriors with the Spearmen (commander inside) and Lion Chariot. Im doing this to equilibrate high strength units (WL and Chariot) with low strenght units (Spearmen and SH).

What are your thoughts about this? Should i replace SH for somethin else?

Thanks!

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    160 (x7)

looks solid - watch out for the organ gun (one of the nastiest WM out there), you may want to use the silver helms to block LoS for the chariot, so it has a chance to make it to combat.

+ Reply to Thread