[2500] High Elf White Lions of Chrace - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[2500] High Elf White Lions of Chrace

[HEROES]

Archmage 350 Pts

Dispel Scroll x2
    Power Stone x2
    Silver Wand

Noble (Battle Standard Bearer) 170pts

Great Weapon, Shield
    Armor of Caledor
    The Skeinsliver

Korhil

Caradryan

[Core]

Spearmen [20] 205 pts
    w/Full Command
    Spearmen [20] 205 pts
    w/Full Command

[Special]

Phoenix Guard [19] 335 pts
    w/Full Command
    War Banner

White Lions of Chrace [14] 290pts
    w/Full Command
    Banner of Sorcery

White Lions of Chrace [13] 250 pts
    w/Full Command
    Lion Standard

Lion Chariots of Chrace [2]

[Rare]

Great Eagles [2]

Total Points: 2500

Fluff, The Phoenix Guard are on loan to the Lions of Chrace to hunt down Dark elves in the area.

The Archmage will go with a Unit of White Lions, Korhil and Noble with the other Unit of white Lions, and of course Caradryan with the Phoenix Guard.

The Eagles will be for March Blocking, The Chariots for crushing Light armored Units or March blocking/rank bonus.

Phoenix Guard are a nice Large solid unit that causes fear and have a 4+ ward save w/the Warbanner they should be able to win most battles and cause the enemy to auto fail break tests.

The units of White Lions should be able to handle their own and maybe even flank who ever the Phoenix guard are engaged with.

And to get down to 2000 Pts for games, just have to drop the Phoenix Guard and Caradryan, and I am 10 pts under.

Please do not post the costs of units that have no upgrades. Many Thanks - GN

So what do you all think?

Last edited by gingerninja; December 28th, 2007 at 12:30. Reason: Points

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A very nice list and a chracian theme is one i am fond of.a couple of suggestions drop the sheild on the BsB since the armour of caledor give a 2+ save that cannot be improved. I, and many others, have found that white lions work more effectively as small flanking (multiple) units rather than in large blocks. I have used a couple of chracian themed armies under the new army book and find them great fun to play with and capable of destroying certain armies but they do not perform as effectively as a balanced army list against all commers. A realy good chracian themed army have fun i always have and do with my chracian lists.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[HEROES]

Arch Mage 350pts
    -Dispel Scroll x2
    -Power Stone x2
    -Silver Wand

Caradryan

Korhil

Noble 150pts
    -Battle Standard Bearer
    -Sword of Might
    -Armour of Caledor

[CORE]

Spearmen [19] 221pts
    -Full Command
    -Lion Standard
    -Korhil's Unit

Spearmen [19] 196pts
    -Full Command
    -Noble's Unit

[SPECIAL]

White Lions of Chrace [7]

Phoenix Guard [18] 375pts
    -Full Command
    -Banner of Sorcery
    -The Skeinsliver
    -Caradryan and Archmage will go in this Unit.

Sword Masters of Hoeth [15] 290pts
    -Full Command
    -War Banner
    -Amulet of Light

Lion Chariot of Chrace [2]

[RARE]

Great Eagle's [2]
    Repeater Bolt Thrower's [2]

Total Points: 2487 pts.
    Total Points: 2502 pts.

Here's 2 new write up's. Changes in Italic. I dropped the White lions to 7 man Units. I can do 1 of 2 things. Use 2 White Lion Units and a 15 man Unit of Sword Masters with the Amulet of Light. or I can use 3 7 Man units of White lions and 2 RBT's.. Which would be the better way to go?
    Last edited by gingerninja; December 28th, 2007 at 12:32. Reason: Points again

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

You can only have white lions in units of 10+ models.Also i disagree that white lions have no place against all comers lists.Usually those lists have balanced shooting+magic missiles so i see the lion cloaks as extra insurance to make sure you get at least half of the guys to combat.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brother Mike View Post
    You can only have white lions in units of 10+ models.
    With the new book you can take units of White Lions, Swordmasters and Phoenix Guard at 5+ models.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    69 (x1)

Ok I'm still not sure what points limit you're actually wanting...but I'll go with 2500 and leave you options to cut down to 2k if you so please.

First things first, I love the idea of a Korhil and Caradryan army. In my mind the two are born to be played in the same army. I was actually toying around with the idea of putting Caradryan in a big unit of White Lions (thereby making them cause fear as well as being Stubborn) and vice versa for Korhil in a big block of PGuard (thereby making them stubborn too!).

Anyway, I actually think your second list is a bit diversion away from your first, which is similar to what you want to be playing I reckon. Aenar made a good point about the smaller units of White Lions (7-strong) that work well as flank harassers but here, I'm going to suggest 14-strong units so you have a second rank. These boys should be forming the core of your Chracian army and therefore you can afford some more! This is what I'd play if I was varying your list:

Also, I'd recommend giving the Phoenix Guard's Standard Bearer the Banner of Ellyrion. Its cheap and they'll be moving largely like your White Lions through dificult ground.

Finally, I think your magic phase is undecided. Having a 350-point sink in your Archmage who doesn't have any real magic support is a waste IMO. Give him an apprentice mage to drain your opponent's dispel dice.

I'd play something like the following at 2500 :

Level 4 Archmage w/ Silver Wand, Ring of Fury, Dispel Scroll, Dispel Scroll

Level 2 Mage w/ Jewel of the Dusk, Dispel Scroll

Caradryan

Korhil

19 Spearmen w/ Standard, Musician, Archmage in here, 5x4

19 Spearmen w/ Standard, Musician, Mage in here, 5x4

13 White Lions w/ Standard, Musician, Korhil in here, 7x2

7 White Lions w/ Musician, 7x1

20 Phoenix Guard - Standard, Musician, Caradryan in here, Banner of Ellyrion, 7x3

2 Lion Chariots

2 RBTHrowers

2 Great Eagles.

Hope that helps.

Q.
    Was this post helpful? Please click the Thumbs Up button to the left if it was. Cheers!

Quannum, funkin' out in every way. Since 1987.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Quannum View Post
    Ok I'm still not sure what points limit you're actually wanting...but I'll go with 2500 and leave you options to cut down to 2k if you so please.

First things first, I love the idea of a Korhil and Caradryan army. In my mind the two are born to be played in the same army. I was actually toying around with the idea of putting Caradryan in a big unit of White Lions (thereby making them cause fear as well as being Stubborn) and vice versa for Korhil in a big block of PGuard (thereby making them stubborn too!).

Anyway, I actually think your second list is a bit diversion away from your first, which is similar to what you want to be playing I reckon. Aenar made a good point about the smaller units of White Lions (7-strong) that work well as flank harassers but here, I'm going to suggest 14-strong units so you have a second rank. These boys should be forming the core of your Chracian army and therefore you can afford some more! This is what I'd play if I was varying your list:

Also, I'd recommend giving the Phoenix Guard's Standard Bearer the Banner of Ellyrion. Its cheap and they'll be moving largely like your White Lions through dificult ground.

Finally, I think your magic phase is undecided. Having a 350-point sink in your Archmage who doesn't have any real magic support is a waste IMO. Give him an apprentice mage to drain your opponent's dispel dice.

I'd play something like the following at 2500 :

Level 4 Archmage w/ Silver Wand, Ring of Fury, Dispel Scroll, Dispel Scroll

Level 2 Mage w/ Jewel of the Dusk, Dispel Scroll

Caradryan

Korhil

19 Spearmen w/ Standard, Musician, Archmage in here, 5x4

19 Spearmen w/ Standard, Musician, Mage in here, 5x4

13 White Lions w/ Standard, Musician, Korhil in here, 7x2

20 Phoenix Guard - Standard, Musician, Caradryan in here, Banner of Ellyrion, 7x3

2 Lion Chariots

2 RBTHrowers

2 Great Eagles.

Hope that helps.

Q.

Nice List, over by 40 pts, and the easiest way to fix that is to drop the ring of Fury. I'll play with it a bit. I would like to get the Skeinsliver in there aswell if possible,. But overall a nice list. Let me play with it a bit and I'll see what I can do with it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    69 (x1)

Yeah glad to help. Let us know how it goes. 8Y

Q
    Was this post helpful? Please click the Thumbs Up button to the left if it was. Cheers!

Quannum, funkin' out in every way. Since 1987.

+ Reply to Thread