2250 he list tips and help requested - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2250 he list tips and help requested

High Elf 2248/2250

Noble
    -Battle Stanard Bearer
    -Battle Banner
    -Great Weapon
    -Heavy Armour
    Total-- 202 Pts

Noble
    -Shadow Armour
    -Amulet Of Fire
    -Great Weapon
    -Long Bow
    Total-- 148 Pts

Noble
    -Radient Gem Of Hoeth
    -Great Weapon
    -Heavy Armour
    Total-- 142 Pts

CORE TROOPS

20 High Elf Spearmen
    -Musician, Standard Bearer
    Total-- 195 Pts
    20 High Elf Spearmen
    Total-- 195 Pts
    10 High Elf Archers
    10 High Elf Archers

SPECIAL TROOPS

10 Shadow Warriors
    15 White Lions of Chrace
    Total-- 243 Pts
    15 White Lions of Chrace
    -Full Command
    -The Gem Of Courage
    Total-- 260 Pts
    Lion Chariot of Chrace
    Lion Chariot of Chrace

RARE TROOPS

2 Repeater Bolt Throwers

shadow armour lord goes with shadow warriors, goes with gemmed whilte lions, bsb with the other. march them down beside the spearmen and get flanks with chariots. is the general idea

Music must give birth to orgasm and revolution
    Latest LO Blog Post
    <+Tarnag> Who could help but love a name like Ultramoose, I think of a Moose with a rocket strapped to it breathing fire and wailing on a guitar

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Ultramoose

I have some humble suggestions

Drop noble with Shadow armour and get a mage (lvl 1) with annullian Crystal to shut down the enemy magic phase a bit.

4 Core choices is not nescessary I would suggest removing the archers and have an elite inf. unit to replace them (WL?) or some more RBT depending on how badly you want that extra shooting.

Take Gem of courage away from Lion Guards, they're already stubborn. Give your white lions banner of arcane protection or some other shiny stuff.

That were my initial thoughts.

Good luck with it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 002dk View Post
    Hi Ultramoose

I have some humble suggestions

Drop noble with Shadow armour and get a mage (lvl 1) with annullian Crystal to shut down the enemy magic phase a bit.

4 Core choices is not nescessary I would suggest removing the archers and have an elite inf. unit to replace them (WL?) or some more RBT depending on how badly you want that extra shooting.

Take Gem of courage away from Lion Guards, they're already stubborn. Give your white lions banner of arcane protection or some other shiny stuff.

That were my initial thoughts.

Good luck with it

The gem of courageb is there because i had 10 pts left over. i dont want more rbts. i think 2 is probably enough.

i was iffy on the mage. on the one hand, i am not the bigggest fan of magic. so i gave my scouts magic resistance, and i made one of my nobles a 1st level mage for the extra dispel die. think it would be better to have the mage? i really like the annulian crystal, its pretty cool. but i dunno. i dont knwo where i would put a mage.
    Latest LO Blog Post
    <+Tarnag> Who could help but love a name like Ultramoose, I think of a Moose with a rocket strapped to it breathing fire and wailing on a guitar

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    160 (x7)

your nobles seem really unprotected. Heavy armor and T3 will get you killed. Yeah they get to strike first, but they don't always kill everything immediately. A simple Ogre Bull (if you roll like I do) can kill your nobles. If you put them on barded horses or give them magic armor, they'll be better off (or a ward save)

I really don't see the shadow warriors being a good choice. They aren't good in combat, and won't stand up to magic even with the MR1 and making them such a large number and putting a poorly protected noble in the mix (100 points for a longbow shot is expensive) will just make it a point offering to your opponent. I like everything else but agree that magic will be your undoing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by buckero0 View Post
    your nobles seem really unprotected. Heavy armor and T3 will get you killed. Yeah they get to strike first, but they don't always kill everything immediately. A simple Ogre Bull (if you roll like I do) can kill your nobles. If you put them on barded horses or give them magic armor, they'll be better off (or a ward save)

I really don't see the shadow warriors being a good choice. They aren't good in combat, and won't stand up to magic even with the MR1 and making them such a large number and putting a poorly protected noble in the mix (100 points for a longbow shot is expensive) will just make it a point offering to your opponent. I like everything else but agree that magic will be your undoing.

yeah. well the general idea for army is that they are an old force sent into the shadowlands and Nagaroth to hunt for dark elf forward forces, so i fealt i should include shadow warriors. i don't particularly like them but they are my only scouts . the basic plan i had for them was too deploy in trees and rush the nearest warmachine, lone character or whatever. admittedly the lord is probably not a very good idea, def a point sink. but i was reluctant to include mage and figured i might as well.

What would an ideal size for a unit of shadow warriors be? i can't not include them given the fluff about my army, but im definately cool with lessening the size of the unit and possibly replacing the noble with a mage or something. I got a dragon box for christmas so maybe a dragon mage? ive never wanted to include a dragon in an army less than 3000 pts but ive got the model, so i dunno. Thoughts on a dragon mage?

Okay so here is a new list of question.

What would be a good way to increase survivability of my characters without mounting them (there can be no cavalry in my army, thats something i wont budge on...lion charriots are cool though)

Would a dragon mage be a viable option for replacing the shadow warrior noble and some of the unit, obv id have to make some more sacrifices but it might work. thoughts?

I have no practical experience with high elves, so what lores and magic items would probably be the best fit for my army?

Thanks in advance
    Latest LO Blog Post

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    160 (x7)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultramoose View Post
    yeah. well the general idea for army is that they are an old force sent into the shadowlands and Nagaroth to hunt for dark elf forward forces, so i fealt i should include shadow warriors. i don't particularly like them but they are my only scouts . the basic plan i had for them was too deploy in trees and rush the nearest warmachine, lone character or whatever. admittedly the lord is probably not a very good idea, def a point sink. but i was reluctant to include mage and figured i might as well.
    I didn't know there was a back story or theme.

What would an ideal size for a unit of shadow warriors be? Usually if I take them, it's in units of about 5-6, just enough to march block and maybe charge a warmachine crew if I'm desperate. the only way I could field a shadow armor guy would be on a prince, so I could also get the reaver bow or bow of the seafarer and do some damage up close (does about the same damage from far away though. He's always going to hit on a 2-3 unless against skirmishers in trees) I think a mage would also do you wonders as far as magic defense goes. Couldn't you use your shadow warriors as archers or paint your archers to look like shadow warriors? That would fit the fluff and still be useful as a core choice.

Okay so here is a new list of question. What would be a good way to increase survivability of my characters without mounting them
    magic armor helps. Temakador's gauntlets give you a 4+save and a 5+ward most of the time. Armor of Caledor gives you a 2+. There are a couple of other magic armors that I would consider if I was really into a fluffy theme (armor of protection is expensive, but a 4+ ward is really good.

Would a dragon mage be a viable option for replacing the shadow warrior noble and some of the unit, obv id have to make some more sacrifices but it might work. thoughts?
    He is really expensive and easily killed, if you have the models, troops usually are much more dependable and less expensive.

I have no practical experience with high elves, so what lores and magic items would probably be the best fit for my army? I m not sure what magic items are best for you, I don't know what you've got in mind for your army, so I'm not sure what to suggest. I do think magically (if you get that 2nd mage) High magic is really good, there are other lores that are good against certain opponents.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by buckero0 View Post
    I didn't know there was a back story or theme.

What would an ideal size for a unit of shadow warriors be? Usually if I take them, it's in units of about 5-6, just enough to march block and maybe charge a warmachine crew if I'm desperate. the only way I could field a shadow armor guy would be on a prince, so I could also get the reaver bow or bow of the seafarer and do some damage up close (does about the same damage from far away though. He's always going to hit on a 2-3 unless against skirmishers in trees) I think a mage would also do you wonders as far as magic defense goes. Couldn't you use your shadow warriors as archers or paint your archers to look like shadow warriors? That would fit the fluff and still be useful as a core choice.

Okay so here is a new list of question. What would be a good way to increase survivability of my characters without mounting them
    magic armor helps. Temakador's gauntlets give you a 4+save and a 5+ward most of the time. Armor of Caledor gives you a 2+. There are a couple of other magic armors that I would consider if I was really into a fluffy theme (armor of protection is expensive, but a 4+ ward is really good.

He is really expensive and easily killed, if you have the models, troops usually are much more dependable and less expensive.

I have no practical experience with high elves, so what lores and magic items would probably be the best fit for my army? I m not sure what magic items are best for you, I don't know what you've got in mind for your army, so I'm not sure what to suggest. I do think magically (if you get that 2nd mage) High magic is really good, there are other lores that are good against certain opponents.
    my whole army is painted like shadow warriors would normally be i think. they all wear vibrant bloody reds and black with very shiny silver metal bits. i was planning on doing my shadow warriors in a sort of city-styled assassin look. as much as i hate to reference a video game since its not where i got the idea but the style of clothing the assassin in assassin's creed is kinda what i wanted my shadow warriors to look like. was going to do some conversions give em hoods you knwo basic stuff like that. thought that would look pretty cool. i may leave em out though, they were kind of tacked on at the end ill do some work on the list and figure somethin out
    Latest LO Blog Post

+ Reply to Thread