Yet another 2000 Friendly - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yet another 2000 Friendly

I've been brainstorm spamming army lists but this time I decided to shy away from the magic heavy lists I've posted here.

-2000-

Tyrion

Level 2 Wizard

Caradryan

10 Archers

15 Spearmen
    +Full Command

14 Phoenix Guards
    +Full Command

9 Dragon Princes
    +Full Command

1 Tiranoc Chariot

1 Lion Chariot

8 Shadow Warriors

10 White Lions

2 Repeater Bolt Throwers

Total - 1993

I would deploy Tyrion with the Dragon Princes maybe... I originally had this list minus three shadow warriors and that left extra points so I thought I'd put in three more but with only 10 archers I think that definitely leaves me open early game...
    Caradryan would deploy with the Phoenix Guards and the mage would PROBABLY be running around on his own casting Shadow or Life.

EDIT: The armies I'll mostly be playing against are Wood Elves and Dwarfs, but there are like 25 people at my local game shop that play so I'll be mixin' and matchin' alright.

Last edited by tehchillzor; January 17th, 2008 at 06:33.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    399 (x8)

I would have dropped the 3 shadow warriors, and picked up 3 extra PG instead.

With 2 special characters you have a lot of points there maybe you could drop Tyrion and take a lord on a horse. The points that were saved there could be used to split the DP's into 2 units of 5.

Personally I wouldn't take 9 DP if you want combat resolution give them a warbanner. It is almost an entire unit (4 DP *** Points) that could be lost on the first turn with just 1 casualty. I would also take the skeinsliver, with only 6 units to place and the extra +1 you would almost gaurantee the first turn with +2.

Have fun anyway and good luck.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

?From one extreem to the other! My advice for this army is basically the same as for your previous army list. If you are going to take charriots against arguably the two best missile forces in WFB ( the dwarfs and wood elves) you are probably going to loose them. i would use the points to bulk up your PG ( they work better in units of 18+) and spearmen (15 will get broken on the charge and give away VP's for the standard) or loose the rest of the command and just keep a musician to rally them after they have broken. 9 DP's is too big a unit, difficult to manover and no real extra benefit over a unit of six as already stated with the war banner. I would also find some point for a greater degree of magical defence, whether thats another mage or magical items. Good luck!
    Last edited by aenar; January 17th, 2008 at 07:44.

Now 17% more helpful gingerninja's Avatar
    In the ninja lab.......of course it exists!!!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    262 (x7)

Personally, I like Caradyran. But I only like him as a bodyguard/challenger for someone. He is best used to challange the champion of the opposing unit, or drawing attacks away from your archmage. In that sort of role, he is invaluable, but the way you are using him is a waste.

The same can be said of Tyrion. He is a great leader for the army, and a wonderful centre piece, but if you put him in a large unit of Dragon Princes, he will be target for every magical spell and cannon ball out there. I know he is magic resistant, but that isn't invulnerable. Also, because of the base he is on, you could get away with 8 DP's, to make it a unit of 10 (in rank at least). I personally think it should be 10 strong, to make the unit 12, but that is me. This kind of unit would only work in very large games, so it is really out of place here.

So I would change these characters out, possibly for a lord on horseback, and a BSB for your pheonix guard. The spare points can be used to add other units, or strengthen the ones you already have. I would also make the DP's 5 strong with champ and musician.

ninja out
    New LOChat functions now avaliable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheredanine View Post
    Dr Gingerninjas therapy room for kids with a poor grasp of both english and Warhammer, please take a ticket from nurse deciever

Need a list designed for any Fantasy army: Click Here

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Similar to what the others have said. I'm not a big fan of using the really big characters, (Tyrion and Teclis), in small point games but if you have some nice fluff behind the army then why not?

I would definitely drop the two chariot's though and use some of the points to bolster the Unit of Spearmen to 21, (optimum number IMO), and the unit of Phoenix Guard to 20. You could then use the remaining points to split the single unit of Dragon Princes into 2 units of 5 and give one of these units a Full Command and possibly the Banner of Ellyrion and use as a flanking unit and then use the other unit to place Tyrion in. I just feel as a unit of 10 With Tyrion they will attract far too much attention and probably be hit with every spell and missile the enemy will throw at them especially against WE and Dwarfs. In a unit of 5 you can hide them better until they can get in to combat. Just imagine the look on your opponents face as you charge in to the flank of his prized unit with Tyrion and 5 Dragon Princes. Priceless.

Also as someone else has mentioned in both this thread and another, although Caradyan is an awesome model with great fluff, a fully tooled up BSB can fulfil a similar role for less points and also give you some added advantages.

I would also drop the Shadow Warriors down to 5 as it will be too hard to hide 8 of them.

I've tried really hard to find the points for you to get another mage for added spell support, and all I could come up with was dropping Tyrion for a mounted Prince and use the points you have saved from this as long as some of the other alterations to get another level 2 mage.

Hope this helps but not sure if its the direction you wanted to go in?

+ Reply to Thread