2000pt friendly needs help please - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2000pt friendly needs help please

Okay I'm still fairly new to High Elves, and this is the first proper list I have come up with, would be greatful for help!

Noble - Barbed Elven Steed, Dragon Armour, Shield, Star Lance – 149

Battle Standard Bearer – Great Weapon, Dragon Armour – 124

Mage – Level 2, Dispel Scroll, Jewel of the Dusk, Silver Wand - 180

Mage – Level 2, Ring of Fury – 175

10 Archers

10 Archers

5 Silver Helms – Shields

5 Dragon Princes of Caledor – Full Command, Banner of Ellyrion, Amulet of Light – 230

14 Sword masters – Full Command, Skeinsliver, Banner of Arcane Protection – 290

Tiroanoc Chariot

Tiroanoc Chariot

6 Shadow Warriors

Great Eagle
    Bolt Thrower

Bolt Thrower

Thanks for your time,

Will Adams

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    160 (x7)

Quote Originally Posted by willadams33 View Post
    Noble - Barded Elven Steed, Dragon Armour, Shield, Star Lance – 149

Battle Standard Bearer – Great Weapon, Dragon Armour – 124substitute the armor of caledor at least

Mage – Level 2, Dispel Scroll, Jewel of the Dusk, Silver Wand - 180can have one or the other - not both

10 Archers

10 Archers

5 Silver Helms – Shields

5 Dragon Princes of Caledor – Full Command, Banner of Ellyrion, Amulet of Light – 230 I really think these guys do better with a warbanner. I'm not sure the magic attacks are needed either, esp. if your noble join them. That would save you some points

14 Sword masters – Full Command, Skeinsliver, Banner of Arcane Protection – 290I'm not sure you need the skeinsliver either. You have a lot of drops, so at best you may only bee even again.

Tiranoc Chariot

Tiranoc Chariot

6 Shadow Warriors

Great Eagle
    Bolt Thrower

Bolt Thrower
    ;

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can't have Jewel of the Dusk & Silver Wand on the same mage... more than one (non-scroll/powerstone) arcane item on a mage is a big no-no.

Beyond that, nothing illegal about the list, but it is rather unspectacular. You might be interested in finding point for an Enchanted Shield on that Noble with the Star Lance, 1+ saves are hard to come by, although generally speaking I find a normal lance to be almost as effective, in which case you might consider Helm of Fortune + Guardian Phoenix with a regular shield, instead of the above-mentioned magic shield.

I noticed you didn't give your BSB any magic items nor a magic banner. I assume he is going on foot with the Swordmasters, so I might recommend Armor of Caledor if you don't want him to die, particularly since it works well with a great weapon. Either that or Sacred Incense to protect your no-armor Swordmasters from missile fire. What to do with the other points of the BSB's magic item allotment is going to depend on which of those options you like.

Good choice not giving the Silver Helms any command. My only other comment would be that a 2nd eagle is probably better than the Shadow Warriors, and would free up some points for other things you need/want to get. Hope this helps...

Now 17% more helpful gingerninja's Avatar
    In the ninja lab.......of course it exists!!!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    262 (x7)

I would make the following alterations myself, although these are just my opinions:

1) Drop the shadow warriors

2) Drop the star lance, and get the noble the guardian pheonix and the helm of fortune instead.

3) Give the BSB noble the armour of caledor

4) Give the Silver Helms an extra model and a musician

5) Drop the silver wand from the first mage

6) Change the mounted nobles armour to heavy armour

Your list will then look like this:

Noble - Barbed Elven Steed, Heavy Armour, Shield, Helm of Fortune, Guardian Pheonix – 161

Battle Standard Bearer – Great Weapon, Armour of Caledor – 143

Mage – Level 2, Dispel Scroll, Jewel of the Dusk - 170

10 Archers

10 Archers

6 Silver Helms – Shields - Musician - 145pts

5 Dragon Princes of Caledor – Full Command, Banner of Ellyrion, Amulet of Light – 230

14 Sword masters – Full Command, Skeinsliver, Banner of Arcane Protection – 290

Tiranoc Chariot

Tiranoc Chariot

Great Eagle

Bolt Thrower

Bolt Thrower

Total: 2004pts

This can be made down to the points by dropping the musician off of the Silver Helms if need be.

I hope this helps.

ninja out
    New LOChat functions now avaliable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheredanine View Post
    Dr Gingerninjas therapy room for kids with a poor grasp of both english and Warhammer, please take a ticket from nurse deciever

Need a list designed for any Fantasy army: Click Here

+ Reply to Thread