750 Double's Tournament Army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

750 Double's Tournament Army

Ok so I'm entering a double's tournament at my local store with my brother and his WE army. The only criteria is that we must each have a hero capable of being the genral for our force and we must fulfil the criteria for a standar 1500 army between us. No extra specials and rare slots for me I'm afraid.

My brothers WE army consists roughly of the following:

Alter Noble
    Lvl 1 Branchwraith
    10 Glade Guards
    10 Glade Guards
    8 Dryads
    5 Glade Riders

I wanted to come up with something that compliments this army and between the two of us covers most of the things we need.

Here is the list I'm thinking of

Lvl 2 Mage with Silver Wand and Ring of Fury, (may change these for Guardian Phoenix and Jewel of Dusk.
    18 Spearelves with full command.
    5 Dragon Princes with full command and Banner of Ellyrion.
    Repeater Bolt Thrower

This will leave me with 63 points left over, (73 with altered magic items).

My main worry about this list is that between us we don't have alot of hard hitting units. Really just the Dragon Princes Alter Noble and Dryads. We do however have a fair amount of shooting especially as I know he give his noble the Hail of Doom Arrows. I would also like something to slow the enemy down but as we only are allowed 1 rare slot I don't want to give up the RBT.

I would really appreciate any ideas you all have about what to do.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Now 17% more helpful gingerninja's Avatar
    In the ninja lab.......of course it exists!!!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    262 (x7)

Well with the current points allowance, for slowing things down, how about dropping 3 spearmen and getting yourself 6 shadow warriors with the remaining points, (using the cheaper magical items).

That will give you march blockers, allowing you more time to whittle the enemy down.

ninja out
    New LOChat functions now avaliable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheredanine View Post
    Dr Gingerninjas therapy room for kids with a poor grasp of both english and Warhammer, please take a ticket from nurse deciever

Need a list designed for any Fantasy army: Click Here

+ Reply to Thread