My first 2500pt list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My first 2500pt list

Well I've finally bit by the High Elf bug so I decided to make an army list. I've only played about 6 or so games of fantasy and i'm not very good at it quite yet. I built a list using what models I think looked the coolest.

Archmage:
    Moon Dragon, Lvl 4, Book of doubles cause irresistable force

Dragon Mage:
    Sun Dragon, lvl 2, Silver Wand, Ring of Fury

Archers
    10 men

Archers
    10 men

Archers
    10 men

Dragon Princes:
    5 Princes, Madic Banner of Ellyrion, Drake Master with amulet of light (6 total guys) magic attacks, ignore terrain

Dragon Princes:
    5 Princes, Magic Banner of Sorcery, Drake Master with Skeinsliver (6 total guys) +1 to first turn roll, +d3 power dice

Dragon Princes:
    5 Princes, Standard Bearer, Drakemaster with Dragonhorn (6 total guys) all high elves reroll failed rallys once

Dragon Princes:
    6 dragon princes, standard bearer

Great Eagle

Comes to 2465.

What do y'all think?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Now 17% more helpful gingerninja's Avatar
    In the ninja lab.......of course it exists!!!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    262 (x7)

Well it is certainly a fast army.

Personal preference for me is not too put my main magical output on a cannonball magnet, but I don't know who you are playing, so it may work for you. In fact, with such a low drop number, you could actually have the first turn most of the time, positioning your dragons within magical range of all the dangerous shooting anyway.

I would also drop 1 of the units of archers, and the banner off of the sole unit of 6 dragon princes, and replace them with 3 more great eagles and a musician for that unit instead.

It is an interesting concept list, so if you have the models, try a game, and let us know how it goes, although to me, it looks like a big win, or horrific lost list. Combined charges will be your only way to win.

ninja out
    New LOChat functions now avaliable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheredanine View Post
    Dr Gingerninjas therapy room for kids with a poor grasp of both english and Warhammer, please take a ticket from nurse deciever

Need a list designed for any Fantasy army: Click Here

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with the GN an unusual army list, either big win or total whitewash. Very fast but vulnerable to one average round of goblin shooting, no armour or wards on the mages. And definatly loose the 3rd unit of archers and get moore GE to support your dragons because the DP although fast wont be able to keep up with the dragons and if you wait for the DP you will most lightly loose one or both of the dragons ( their riders actually) to missile fire. Good luck looks like a fun list to play.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I played a very similar list for about 2 weeks before giving up on it. Thank god I was borrowing dragons from a friend and didn't buy any of my own yet, because I'm completely unimpressed with them for games under 3k. If you play against anyone with a good tournament list, your Mages, and quite possibly your Dragons, are going to be very dead, very quick. Empire, Dwarves, DE, or other HE players shoot them to death with cannon / bolt-thrower fire before the end of turn 2, end of turn 3 at the very latest... multi-wound shots ignoring armor save kills the dragon, and that's assuming you're lucky enough that the randomization doesn't hit your rider, who will be similarly dead. WE will shoot the rider to death before he gets a chance to do anything. Chaos may have a dragon of its own, or a character on some variety of daemonic mount to run over quickly and engage you in CC and kill your mage, or fliers. VC or Bretonnians can also stop it with fliers.

The problem with this army is that it essentially reduces the game to a single question: can my opponent find a way to kill two mages/dragons before the end of turn 3? If the answer is yes, the HE player loses probably 75% of the time. If the answer is no, the HE player probably wins about 80% of the time. The above assumes both players are of approximately equal skill level of course, but otherwise its hard to generalize. For your reference, I'll give my list that I was running... mine was for 2250 games, but it's essentially the same. You'd basically get one extra unit of Dragon Princes with Full Command, and add a Champion on the unit that currently doesn't have one.

Archmage with Book of Hoeth on Moon Dragon - 660
    Dragon Mage, Lv 2, with Silver Wand & Ring of Fury - 435

Archers x10
    Archers x10

Dragon Princes x6, Full Command, Banner of Sorcery - 280
    Dragon Princes x6, Full Command, Banner of Ellyrion - 245
    Dragon Princes x6, Std & Musician - 210

Great Eagles x4

+ Reply to Thread