Is this army too shooty... - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    32 (x1)

Is this army too shooty...

Hi Everyone,

Just had my second game with my New High Elf book using a List to simulate the Lothern Sea Guard list from SoC. So far It has a record of 1-0-1, but both players have said I have to much shooting.

Now I do admit I have a lot of shooting, but I have always thought it wasn't that bad. Considering I used to play the LSG list from SoC.

Anyway both games have been against combat heavy armies with minimum shooting against me.

Please remember the Fluff for this army is the Lothern Sea Guard. The Fluff in the 5th edition has stated the Lothern Sea Guard had often transported White Lions and Phoenix Guard to battle quickly.

Here is the list:

Elf Prince, Great Weapon, shield, bow of sea farer, shadow armour, talisman of leoc.

9 Shadow Warriors, Shadow Walker

19 First Lothernsea Guard, Full Command, War Banner

1 Lion Chariot (Merwyrm Model)

10 Lothern Sea Guard, Shield, champion

2 Repeater Bolt Throwers

1 Mage, Level 2, Dispel Scroll, Seer Staff of Saphrey

Noble, BSB, Great Weapon, Shield, Heavy Armour, Gem of Courage, Reaver Bow

20 White Lions, Full Command, Standard of Balance, Champion has Skeinsliver.

1 Great Eagle

Please let me know what you think.

For now I'm not playing them any longer as both players have expressed displeasure when playing the list.

I was just trying to make a fluffy list.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Hi, army lists need to be posted in the correct Army Lists subforum. I went ahead and moved this thread for you.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    399 (x8)

I don't think that it is too much shooting, it is also very low magic. I muat admit that in friendly games armies that are heavy shooting can be boring to play, you either make it across the board and win or don't cross the board and lose, can feel like the game is out of your control a bit.

I have been playing a similar army with 3 bolt throwers, 2 units of archers and 21 seagaurd radiant gem of hoeth Prince, 2 Mages and Reaver bow on an eagle. This is backed up by 2 units of Swordmasters, yours has more shooting but as the magic phase is so light I wouldn't think that this is too much of an issue personally.

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    160 (x7)

just to second allonaire, it's not that fun to play a shooty army. You could get away with this in a tournament, but in regular play, it get's old. Maybe you're just playing against spoiled pansies, but for me, playing a dwarf list, gets really old. You either get there, or you don't. I don't see the fluff in woodsmen riding on ships, but if you say it's there, then it's there.

What I would suggest, is maybe coming up with a go between list. something in the middle. The easiest thing to do would be to split your scouts up and drop the prince for a more combat oriented prince. Do you have any other models? I'd hate to see you keep from playing just because of 2 guys opinion. You do have lots of shooting, but against certain armies, most of that shooting would bounce off. Maybe you just happened to play armies that it performed well against, or maybe the prevalent attitude is against shooty heavy armies. I don't know.

+ Reply to Thread