~1000 points High Elf Mages - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

~1000 points High Elf Mages

~Glorfindel: Lvl 2 Mage, Ring of Fury, Silver Wand.

~Elrohir: Lvl 2 Mage, Seerstaff, Power Stone, Barded Mount.

~Archers (10)

~Dragon Princes (5), Drakemaster, Standard Bearer, Ellyrian Banner, Amulet of Light

~White Lions (12), Full Command, Banner of Sorcery

~Glorfindel will be in the unit of White Lions, bolstering the DPs with Shield of Saphery, as he will probably be taking High Magic. Elrohir will probably take the Lore of Shadow and choose either Unseen Lurker and Creeping Shadows/ the fear causing one, or Lore of Metal with Transmutation of Lead and something else.

~With Unseen Lurker, Elrohir and the DPs he's with will hopefully get a first turn charge. The WL will provide a stable base for Glorfindel to pump out magic.

~The only thing I dont like about it is that 1/3 of my points are in two people, and there are only 29 people in the list.

Last edited by Quendi d'Jhaelian; March 14th, 2008 at 23:39. Reason: Remaking list

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    238 (x6)

The Dragon Princes need a Drakemaster if you want them to have the amulet of light because he's the only one in the unit that can carry it, but otherwise I can't see anything wrong ruleswise.

How do you plan on running the Dragon Princes? 7 plus the mage makes for 8 models which is really too wide for one rank, but creating a second rank is generally a waste of points. One rank 6 wide is much more manageable, so I would probably drop a couple of DPs. The extra points this frees up are quite handy, and you could get something like a Great Eagle.
    Thou shalt remember:
    Warhammer Fantasy armies do NOT have Codices. They have Army Books.

LINK - Guitarists of LO Group

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like this army it is quite balanced I also think you should remove a couple of dragon princes, these points could be used to fix your worries about your lack of men put a few more white lions in and a drakemaster

+ Reply to Thread