Librarium Online Forums banner

second attempt at temple army

727 views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  Jared van Kell 
#1 · (Edited)
total is 2243

prince with the white sword (taking the form of a halberd), armour of caledor and a guardian phoenix ;- 240
*this dude takes uses caradryans model and fluffwise stands in to defend the temple when cardryan is away fighting or whatnot..

noble, bsb with sheild, dragon armour and the battle banner ;- 198
*i know he still isn't highly protected but 1 the enemy dosn't know that and 2 his model is too cool unfortunately the mounted one i made dosn't compare

mage, lv2 with a scroll and the silver wand ;- 165

mage, lv2 with a scroll and the tricksters pendant ;- 185
*this army will one day reach 3000 points and at that stage this dude will be upgraded to arch mage with the book of hoeth but till then i needed the points and prince was better option

10 archers

20 spearmen with full command ;- 205

20 spearmen with full command ;- 205

5 shadow warriors
*these guys lost the shadow walker not because i don't beleive it's not worth it but because it took me over points

5 dragon princes with muso ;- 160

5 dragon princes with muso ;- 160
*i took dp over helms for one reason and that because they're worth it for roughly the same points i couldv'e gotten 6 helms but the dp's will ignore ranks and still cause damage whereas the helm would just ignore ranks

18 phoenix guard, command, warrbanner and amulet of light ;- 335
*now has some killy power with my prince in there and still looks damn cool

2 rbt's ;- 200

okay so pretty different numbers was reduced i decided again to leave the higher mass for higher points hopefull won't cause dramatic drop in usefulness

chariots and eagles are gone the consensus was cav was needed so the afformentioned unit were stripped to make room + this way still an asthetically pleasing battleline

caradryan was swapped for a prince mainly due to the fact people i game with are against sp characters plus he can kill stuff wich is always a bonus

basic plan remains the same

future plans= mage into arch mage maybe 3rd mage, chariots and eagles make a comeback and unit numbers for spears go back to 24 and 22 for the pg if anythings left i may get a 3rd bolt thrower but only if i can get a second unit of 10 archers well that would be alot to cram into an extra 750 points but still would look sweet :happy:

See less See more
#2 ·
The only thing I would change is the kit on the Lord and the Noble:

1) Make the Lord like this:

Prince: 242pts
Great Weapon
Armour of Caledor, Vambraces of Defence

As he is already in a unit that gives him magical attacks, the white sword is pointless. This way he has a better save, or you could give him the amulet of light too, to improve the survivability of that magic item.

2) Make the Noble like this:

Noble: 206pts
BSB
Dragon Armour, Great Weapon and shield
Battle Banner

This will put you 3 points over, although you could drop a musician to make that up.

Ninja out

#6 · (Edited)
Looks like a good well balanced list, with some good fluff to back it up and i agree with the previous advice. The BsB could have the standard strapped to his back like the Samurai. There does not seem to be any point giving the BsB a shield since you can't use it if you are using a great weapon.

#7 ·
hence the bsb dosn't have a great weapon i thought it would be pushing things a bit if he started whacking orks round the head with a sacred banner

#8 ·
Overall this list is not too bad and is well balanced overall.
I like the Battle Banner as it can be a real life saver even if the combat did not go your way. The trouble is that your BSB is a little under protected as you said and this could really hurt you in the end. Make sure you pick your combats with the unit he is in or better yet put him in the same unit as the general so that he can accept any challenges that might come his way. ;)

JvK :happy:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.