2000 Point Seaguard list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    399 (x8)

2000 Point Seaguard list

This is a list that I have tried a few times recently, it has been very effective against dwarves (written to play them), Dark Elves, and Chaos Tzeentch.

The idea was to outrange the dwarf warmachines, try and make them cross the field to get to me.

Anyway enough preamble, here is the list

Elf Prince Allonairre 247
    Radiant Gem of Hoeth
    Armour of Caledor
    Amulet of Light
    Great Weapon

Noble Glorladre 192
    Reaver Bow
    Enchanted Shield
    Heavy Armour
    Lance
    Great Eagle

Master Mage 170
    Jewel of Dusk
    Dispel Scroll

Master Mage 185
    Ring of Fury
    Silverwand

10 Archers
    Musician

10 Archers
    Musician

21 Seagaurd 257
    Musician
    Shields

7 Swordmasters 123
    Baldelord
    Musician

7 Swordmasters 143
    Baldelord, Amulet of Fire
    Musician

6 Shadow Warriors

3 Bolt Throwers

1 Eagle

7 Power Dice + 1 bound spell L4
    5 Dispel Dice + 1 Scroll

In terms of tactics I have used with the list, it is reasonably simple, Sniper noble hunts warmachines, mages and march blocks with the help of the other eagle and Shadow Warriors.

Seagaurd deploy 12 wide, then when enemy is close, 7x3, the 12 is important as you can reduce frontage without reforming, so still shoot that turn.

Sword masters hide behind archers, 7 wide will beat anything that reaches them so must not be hurt, target units on hills with Bolt Throwers to keep them safe. Elf Prince goes where he is needed, is good enough to turn a combat in a pinch. Challenges can cause problems here so need to be careful

The magic is not heavy but enough to be solid, generally cast 4 spells, one from Prince (2 dice) one from each Mage (3 dice each) plus Ring of Fury. Four spells almost always cast should get one or two through, that is the theory anyway.

Originally had Skeinsliver but it is too expensive to give too an MSU style list.

Any comments would be appreciated, I can't think of anything that I could change to make it more efficient at what it does without changing heaps.

I know there are a lot of lists that can beat this one would really like to trial it against Vampire Counts or Tomb Kings as I think they would pose the biggest challenge. Points denial would be the key though, slow them down and only engage on your terms, as I said I have succeeded with it in the past, the games haven't been very close but it has felt close till the end.

Sorry it is so long I felt like talking too much.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Now 17% more helpful gingerninja's Avatar
    In the ninja lab.......of course it exists!!!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    262 (x7)

Hmm, the list looks relatively solid, but have you considered having 3 smaller units of 15 or so seaguard instead of 2 archers and 1 large seaguard. This would give you at least a larger, more combat based line when the charge gets to you?

:ninja: out
    New LOChat functions now avaliable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheredanine View Post
    Dr Gingerninjas therapy room for kids with a poor grasp of both english and Warhammer, please take a ticket from nurse deciever

Need a list designed for any Fantasy army: Click Here

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think this list will prove very effective and I like HE lists without heavy cavalry. I tend to agree with GN's comments in that I think the list may prove more robust in the latter turns with 3 units of 15 SG rather than one and two units of archers. I realy like the snipper noble and 3 RBT combination and have found it to be incredibly effective in the past when i have used it. Good luck and as ever have fun.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    399 (x8)

You are probably right, the reason for the archers was to outrange a dwarf gunline, or at least the organ gun, and handgunners.

I am sure that you right otherwise, the seagaurd themselves almost act as a distraction though, as the biggest unit most people ignore it when it comes to combat assuming +2 combat res 21 attacks into combat = lost combat, in reality I would back the 7 SM to do much more damage and win more combats. (I have alot of bad luck in cobat phases.)

The 15 seagaurd really need to win their combats quickly though, the list can't afford anything remotely drawn out as it lacks really efficient flankers, I don't mind fleeing with the archers and in fact do more often than I hold, I think that the all seagaurd would be more difficult to play overall.

Just my opinion because as you can see I thought about the list and so am rather biased.

+ Reply to Thread