2250pt Marching solid block list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Now 17% more helpful gingerninja's Avatar
    In the ninja lab.......of course it exists!!!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    262 (x7)

2250pt Marching solid block list

Herro all,

It has been a while since I have posted a list, so I have decided to call in the aid of a Dwarf. Blaspheomy I know, but they know something about solid combat blocks. This list was part designed by myself and Arklite. Let me know what you think.

Lords and Heroes:

Prince: 217pts
    Great weapon
    Armour of caleador
    Sacred incense

Noble: 164pts
    BSB
    Heavy armour, shield, Great weapon
    Loremasters cloak

Mage: 140pts
    Lvl 1
    Annullian crystal

Lvl 1
    2X dispel scrolls

Core:

23 Spearmen: 232pts (Mage here)
    Full command

23 Spearmen: 257pts (BSB here)
    Full command
    Lion Standard

Special:

17 Swordmasters: 300pts (Prince here)
    Full command
    Banner of Ellyrion

17 White lions: 285pts (Mage here)
    Full command
    285 points

6 Dragon princes: 210pts
    Musician and Champion

Rare:

Bolt thrower

Bolt thrower

Great eagle

Great eagle

Total: 2245pts
    PD: 4
    DD: 5 + 2 scrolls

This lists combat blocks are all relatively solid and they should hold the line, as the bolt throwers whittle down some stronger units, allowing the High elves to dominate combat.

:ninja3: out

New LOChat functions now avaliable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheredanine View Post
    Dr Gingerninjas therapy room for kids with a poor grasp of both english and Warhammer, please take a ticket from nurse deciever

Need a list designed for any Fantasy army: Click Here

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    125 (x4)

Hello Ninja,

Although I'm not too fond of this playing style, I must say I'm impressed!;Y

Some minor changes would do here though:

@ Is the points you pay for Loremasters Cloak really worth it to protect the spearmen?

@ Why two lvl. 1 mages? I'd drop one of them and get some magic resistance instead.

@ I think PG would fit better than SM in this list, as you need your troops to stay in line at all costs and if you face an enemy with a fair bit of shooting or fear causers your SM will have a hard time.

This list would, I'm sure, do very well though it's not my style and I don't think it's the way of the HE.

Good luck!
    5000p. High Elves
    1000p. Eldar

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    160 (x7)

When I first saw the title, I thought I was finally going to see the all High Elf Hordes list (which to this day I've never seen anyone do) . I thought you were going to have minimalist heroes with 5-6 big blocks of spearmen and a couple of bolt throwers. I'll guess I'll wait and see if someone comes up with that list (maybe I will) later.

To be honest, outside of the White lions unit, this is a similar list to what I played last edition. Personally, I would drop 4-5 spearmen and the champ off the dragon princes and get 2 level 2's. I agree that PG are probably better than swordmasters ranked up, but swordmasters will do allright if protected with shield of saphery (hence the 2 level 2's and maybe power stones instead of dispel scrolls for drain magic)

I also don't see much in the loremasters's cloak, there must be a particular opponent you have in mind or something. If you could share your thinking behind that, we may all learn something.

I personally also think that anyone that is 200+ points needs a ward save. Especially elves since they are pretty weak and fall down to a gentle sneeze. At least give him guardian phoenix and talisman of loec in case you need to do some serious damage to an ogre tyrant or doombull or something.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    262 (x7)

Well first of all, thanks for your responses. It is always nice to get them. In response to the questions I will go with these.

1) Why two lvl 1 mages?: It allows me the arcane item combination I wanted to maximise my dispelling potential. I have never had much success with 2 lvl 2 mages, even in this edition. I find that either maximising or minimising magic most effective.

2) Why the Loremasters cloak?: A 2+ ward against all magic. This makes that unit almost immune to magical attack, meaning I can ignore any magic thrown it's way and use my dispel dice on more important things.

3) Why swordmasters?: I suppose I wanted the unit to hit hard, although, if combined with the lord, I suppose I could drop them to pheonix guard and give the lord talisman of loec and guardian pheonix instead of the sacred insense.

This then poses me a problem. Do I drop the large unit of white lions for 1 unit of 10 and 10 swordmasters as flanking units?

:ninja: out
    Dr Gingerninjas therapy room for kids with a poor grasp of both english and Warhammer, please take a ticket from nurse deciever

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You said drop the SM to PG? And give them Gaurdian Phoenix? Why would thee do such? PG already get a wonderful 4+ WSave. And just for the record IMHO yes, use the PG for this list... You need something to hold, even your big spearmen units are gonna break if a couple chariots smash into them! Giving PG the Immunity against magic is also a better idea, although I don't really think you should use the loremaster cloak, it obviously has its advantages but... Well a lot of this is pereference, and I suppose these are just my opinions, I am sure your win record is much better than the one that I have below >_<

Respectfully,

VD*
    -Vanquisher_Dud-
    -1st Army-High Elves 81/11/9
    -Second Army-Lizardmen 6/0/0

Master of the Crab Women swntzu's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    97 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by Vanquisher_Dud View Post
    You said drop the SM to PG? And give them Gaurdian Phoenix? Why would thee do such? PG already get a wonderful 4+ WSave.
    He means giving the guardian phoenix to his lord for challenges.

Also, I do like the list a lot and it wouldn't be too hard for me to convert my models over to this. I have to build them first though...
    Watch this before posting:
    Posting and You

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi GN, I also like this list a lot, IMHO breaking the big unit of WL into two units of 10 WL and 10SM goes against the ethos of the list, eg big blocks. However it certainly makes more tactical sense, if you change to a unit of PG you have three anvil units the PG and X2 spearmen but only one hammer/ flanking unit the DP's. Converting the big unit of WL as discussed would then give you 3 flanking/hammer units and much more tactical flexibility. It looks like an extreemly effective list, good luck and as always have fun.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    399 (x8)

If you are seriously considering changing to phoenix gaurd then I would up them to 20, and drop the WL to 14 plus put the BSB in here maybe? Not sure about that not very safe numbers wise and paints a target on the unit.

I don't think that you need to change it though but I would swap the BSB and the Prince over, Swordmasters can go through the trees for protection from shooting, but will still be shafted by magic, this affords them some magic protection. The prince is then in the spears giving them even more firepower and enabling them to hold the line even better. I might even start him in the one without the banner and swap him across before combat.

This looks excellent for fighting undead, particularly tomb kings, playing guess the army you had in mind.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

262 (x7)

Thank you all for your kind comments and suggestions. As I have come to expect from LO, so excellent ideas. In response, I have modified the list to look like this:

Lords and Heroes:

Prince: 212pts
    Great weapon
    Armour of caleador
    Guardian Pheonix

Noble: 144pts
    BSB
    Heavy armour, shield, Great weapon
    Amulet of Fire

Lvl 1
    Annullian crystal

Lvl 1
    2X dispel scrolls

Core:

23 Spearmen: 232pts (Mage here)
    Full command

23 Spearmen: 257pts (BSB here)
    Full command
    Lion Standard

Special:

10 Swordmasters: 156pts
    Musician

10 White Lions: 156pts
    Musician

18 Pheonix Guard: 300pts (Lord and mage here)
    Full command

6 Dragon princes: 210pts
    Musician and Champion

Rare:

Bolt thrower

Bolt thrower

Great eagle

Great eagle

Total: 2247pts
    PD: 4
    DD: 5 + 2 scrolls

Let me know if this is an improvement.

:ninja3: out

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    125 (x4)

Now I see the meaning of the mages...

It's absolutely better and it would do very well I'm sure. Now that you have the anvils and hammers it will prove to be a fun and callenging list to play.

Good luck!;Y
    5000p. High Elves
    1000p. Eldar

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast