3500 pts Ard Boyz Tourney List - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

3500 pts Ard Boyz Tourney List

So I am playing in this,"Bring your biggest, baddest, super cheesy list tourney this saturday. I chose to play my high elves instead of my lizards or dwarfs. Anywyas Ihave composed a list that Iwas hoping you could look over for me and give me a little help or nod ;Y. Anyways here it goes....

Teclis

Prince
    Star Dragon
    sword of battle/ Armour of Caledor/ Vambraces of Defence

Dragon Mage/ Lvl 2
    Silver Wand/ Guardian Phoenix/ Amulet of Light

Mage/ Lvl 2
    Dispell scroll/ The Seerstaff of Saphry

Archers x 10

Archers x 10

Spearmen x 20 full command

Dragon Prince x 7
    Full Command/ Banner of Sorcery

Dragon Prince x 7

Dragon Prince x 7

Great Eagle

Great Eagle

Great Eagle

Repeater Bolt Thrower

Repeater Bolt Thrower

Shadow Warriors x 6

Sliver Helms x 6

Ellyrian Reaversx 5

3488pts
    10 powerdice + D3 + D3 + Teclis Irris doubles
    8 dispell + D3 + Dispell scroll + Teclis Dispell Scroll + +1 to Dispell

I think that this is a pretty fierce army and even though I don't really have alot of game play with my elves I do have confidence in there abilities to hold there own. Please tell me what you think. Thanks

Last edited by mcasefire; April 16th, 2008 at 15:24.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    160 (x7)

I don't like the dragon princes x7. They almost seem like a waste of a DP and will make it hard to wheel, when you need to be in combat ASAP. I also think you'll have a hard time winning with this since you'll be out numbered 5:1 in some armies. Terror is good, but I have a feeling that it's not that good (they'll have something to counter it or be immune to it)

It isn't big, but it is bad and fairly cheesy. I just don't know if you can make enough wounds to win combat. Teclis is good, but he's more of a standback and magic you to death. The dragons and DP's are a more get into combat and try to break stuff unit. They don't seem to mesh well together, but maybe that's just me.

You could trade that dragonmage for a regular level 2 and a bsb which would give Teclis a bit of protection. I also see a fast moving or army with lots of fast moving elements, taking your mages out 1 by 1 and leaving you less potent by turn 2-3.
    Last edited by buckero0; April 16th, 2008 at 15:51.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am angry that I won't be able to compete this time in the Ard Boys tourney, I am going to see people this weekend at home = ( However, some suggestions... Run your heavy cav in 6 man groups (with a musician, if you are a bad roller... ^^) And your brining silver helms? Wierd... Also I would not bring the dragon mage, 2 more mages would give you more PD and DD for cheaper! This seems a nice fast list... Why the 20 Spearmen FC if you are trying to make it fast? I would just make em archers, Also the reavers I doubt will do to much for you, IMHO get rid of them and the SH and get a couple of RBT's so you can weaken thier tough troops (or if you have a character on dragon pelt it, then charge with your own, Even though I would say our star dragon is Matchless ^^) Hope this helps!

Regards,

VD*
    -Vanquisher_Dud-
    -1st Army-High Elves 81/11/9
    -Second Army-Lizardmen 6/0/0

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    69 (x1)

There are three main elements in building a cheesy HE list:

1) Teclis

2) Spamming Repeater Bolt Throwers

3) Princes on Star Dragons

Seeing as you've ticked two of those, why not tick the third. Get as many RBT's as poss.
    Was this post helpful? Please click the Thumbs Up button to the left if it was. Cheers!

Quannum, funkin' out in every way. Since 1987.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmmm I can just imagine the goblins wetting themselves before bieng barbicued by dragons. Kill.
    . "Stop complaining ponce and hit stuff with yer shiny new axe"

+ Reply to Thread