1500 point High Elf Chrace list (friendly) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500 point High Elf Chrace list (friendly)

This expands on my 1000 point list by adding chariots. I love the looks of the lion chariots. Is this list weak?? "Beardy"???

High Elves 1500 points

HEROES

Korhil in a Lion Chariot

Mage, level 2, Guardian Phoenix, Jewel of the Dusk, Silver Wand, mounted in a Tiranoc Chariot

CORE

10 Archers

10 Archers

SPECIAL

13 White Lions of Chrace, Guardian with the Gem of Courage, Musician, Standard Bearer

13 White Lions of Chrace, Guardian, Musician, Standard Bearer

Lion Chariot of Chrace

Lion Chariot of Chrace

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

An interesting take on a chracian list. IMHO its not beardy but the chariots are very vulnerable to any form of missile fire, they can't march move and cannot use woods as cover whilst advancing as can the WL. With your army general and only mage in a chariot the unit of charoits will be a missile magnet and any opponent will concentrate on eliminating these first. If you are fighting defensively and you have plenty of cover to hide the chariots behind or are fighting an opponent with little or no missile fire this might work. Personaly however i would have invested the points in RBT, GE or more WL, I normaly compete with a chracian army at 2000 & 2250pts and I love their background but have never managed to use the lion chariots with any consistent degree of sucess. However you have to play the army you like so good luck and have fun

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought I might screen the chariots behind the WL units on turn 1. Move them out from behind on turn 2 and charge with everything on turn 3. (one turn earlier if they go first). If the characters are dismounted by fire on turn 2, they will join the nearby WL units. Otherwise they can try to stay safely in close combat. The Mage will hunt war machines, archers, and other weak units. I can deal with losing one or the other of the characters. That's the plan anyway, I will try it out and see.

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    160 (x7)

Quote Originally Posted by Mentat303 View Post

Korhil in a Lion Chariot he has a good armor save in the chariot, but has no ward save. Any bolt thrower or cannon will kill your general in 1 turn. He'd be much more effective in a unit. If you're not going to use the stubborn ability properly, I'd just get a regular noble with great weapon and model him like Korhil. He would be cheaper and much more useful

Mage, level 2, Guardian Phoenix, Jewel of the Dusk, Silver Wand, mounted in a Tiranoc Chariot I'd drop the chariot and put him in a unit - see below for points

CORE

10 Archers

10 Archers

SPECIAL

13 White Lions of Chrace, Guardian with the Gem of Courage, Musician, Standard Bearerthese guys are much too small for full command. drop the standard or bulk these guys up to at least 2 ranks (15-1 If they're bigger, you can justify the lion standard, drop the gem of courage and get them the amulet of light

13 White Lions of Chrace, Guardian, Musician, Standard BearerI'd split these into 2 units of 6 with a champion and use them as flanking units if you can't get them big enough for ranks.

Lion Chariot of Chrace

Lion Chariot of Chrace
    my two cents.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by buckero0 View Post
    my two cents.

he has a good armor save in the chariot, but has no ward save. Any bolt thrower or cannon will kill your general in 1 turn. He'd be much more effective in a unit. If you're not going to use the stubborn ability properly, I'd just get a regular noble with great weapon and model him like Korhil. He would be cheaper and much more useful
    You are correct, however this isnt a tournament list and I'm the only one around here that uses cannons so I'm not too worried about cannonballs. I would use a unit or terrain to screen from bolt throwers, as a character he sets up last. Missile fire will only hit the character on a 6, otherwise it will kill the chariot and Korhil can join a unit.

But its true putting the characters in chariots isn't the most efficient use of points.

13 White Lions of Chrace, Guardian with the Gem of Courage, Musician, Standard Bearer

these guys are much too small for full command. drop the standard or bulk these guys up to at least 2 ranks (15-1 If they're bigger, you can justify the lion standard, drop the gem of courage and get them the amulet of light
    In the last battle they fought 6 turns of close combat and I won CR by 1 several times and tied once (won with musician), that justified the FC to me. The standard is only xx points, so in CR thats the effect of having a whole rank at the cost of less than one WL!

They are great at advancing under fire (3+ save) and don't lose many on the way into combat, are stubborn, and ASF at S6 so I don't want them in one big unit. 2 small 7-wide units can do twice as much damage.

13 White Lions of Chrace, Guardian, Musician, Standard Bearer

I'd split these into 2 units of 6 with a champion and use them as flanking units if you can't get them big enough for ranks.
    Yes, I like that idea

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like this list but as stated before not the chariots, you can't hide behind the WL if as in many battles your opponent has his artillery deployed on a hill. However splitting one unit of WL into two units of 7 is the way I play my chracian army two blocks of 14 WL and two units of 7 including champion and musician giving you four units with 8 S6 attacks each, usually very painfull for you opponent. My chracian list went through several changes before obtaining its present form and I am sure yours will in the light of combat experience and to suite you playing style. I am very pleased to see another member of the small but growing band of chracian army lists. Good luck and as always have fun.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It seems like people play without much terrain, based on the feedback I have been getting. We usually have about 3 pieces of area terrain, which makes cannons and other war machines unable to cover the entire board (with only 1 unit). I played a 2000 point game last night with 3 pieces of terrain (ruined temple, forest and forest) which really broke up the battlefield to the point that I could only advance 2 units abreast on 1 side of the board without going through difficult terrain. One of my units had to advance through a ruined temple to cover my flank. The other side of the board was almost a seperate battle (though some units did cross over at one point). On those boards artillery doesnt auto kill chariots, though a gun line would still be good due to the channeling effect of the terrain. We also use hills but they are not usually just in the deployment zone so units on a hill don't always have a clear LOS to the entire board. I don't think 3 pieces is unreasonable. I guess it comes down to play style in each group.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just to let you know, your mage can only carry one acane item, with power stones and dispel scrolls being the exception, so either the Jewel of Dusk or the Silver Wand has to go. I would suggest the Silver Wand, with a level two mage it would be quite difficult to successfully cast three spells, but with the extra PD from the JoD, it would make it that much harder for you opponent to dispel that oh-so-important spell of yours!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bcpease201 View Post
    Just to let you know, your mage can only carry one acane item, with power stones and dispel scrolls being the exception, so either the Jewel of Dusk or the Silver Wand has to go. I would suggest the Silver Wand, with a level two mage it would be quite difficult to successfully cast three spells, but with the extra PD from the JoD, it would make it that much harder for you opponent to dispel that oh-so-important spell of yours!

I've been out of town for a while, just got to read this. Thanks, I didnt think about that restriction. As far as the extra spell, it was more to get better selection of spells, not to cast all 3 every turn.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

normally for power dice id suggest the banner of sorcery but i think your units are a little too fragile to risk it. but if you wanted selection you could just take a seerstaff and take what you want. rolling three dice pretty much guarantees youll get a spell that you wont use, such as vaul's because of its casting value or courage of aenarion (your army is almost all stubborn anyway).

im also wondering about the unit size of your WL (btw, i agree with breaking one down) is that just the way the points played out? it is an awkward number, and its unlucky

this list looks like fun, im interested in seeing how the lion chariots do

edit: i just looked in the army book, and WL chariots arent stubborn, does that strike anyone else as odd?
    Last edited by youcannotwieldit; June 3rd, 2008 at 17:47.
    swordmasters=love
    so do grey knights, cuz they're basically swordmasters in space.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast